Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dipo will easily get most improved player award I do think he should at least be in the running for MVP I know they wont acknowledge him tho 

He will easily win that award and if he keeps it up he should be considered Top 10 players today, right? I mean he was awesome tonight!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

C's have the best Coach out there, they will beat Milwaukee.

Thanks. But believe me, this won't be easy. Giannis is for real and he maybe committed 24 fouls today. lmao Al Horford busted his butt today, really played amazing defense. Tatum is going to be special too.

But this wont be easy. It's going to be a grind it out defensive series with the occasional big shot. Not pretty for most fans.

I think the Pacers can win too but I don't know yet. Maybe the HGH is coming to Lebron tonight like my man said. lmao For the record I am marrying a Lebron hater. lmao He hates Kobe too but not as much as Lebron. He thinks Kobe was better but Kobe is still my all time fave.

My fiance though always said the Pacers were "that high energy team nobody wants to play but they pretend they want to play."

I will admit Indy sports get a bad rep, same with the Colts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Thanks. But believe me, this won't be easy. Giannis is for real and he maybe committed 24 fouls today. lmao Al Horford busted his butt today, really played amazing defense. Tatum is going to be special too.

But this wont be easy. It's going to be a grind it out defensive series with the occasional big shot. Not pretty for most fans.

I think the Pacers can win too but I don't know yet. Maybe the HGH is coming to Lebron tonight like my man said. lmao For the record I am marrying a Lebron hater. lmao He hates Kobe too but not as much as Lebron. He thinks Kobe was better but Kobe is still my all time fave.

My fiance though always said the Pacers were "that high energy team nobody wants to play but they pretend they want to play."

I will admit Indy sports get a bad rep, same with the Colts.

Players that have been better than LeBron are not many but I would say Jordan, Magic, and Kobe were. Having said that LeBron is beastly and the Cavs may blow Indy out in Game 2 LOL. Celtics next season will be loaded with Hayward and Kyrie. They will be the team to beat IMO with the Brad running the show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Players that have been better than LeBron are not many but I would say Jordan, Magic, and Kobe were. Having said that LeBron is beastly and the Cavs may blow Indy out in Game 2 LOL. Celtics next season will be loaded with Hayward and Kyrie. They will be the team to beat IMO with the Brad running the show.

Hey look on the plus side. If Boston wins this series they get a SB rematch. But this time Boston has the backups. lmao 

I will say this, the Philly thing is getting annoying in the NBA. I didn't see it last night but 17 in a row, SMH.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people think I am a LeBron hater. I am not. I say he is a Top 10 player ever and I fear him more than anyone in todays game. So take that for FWIW.

Don't worry. lmao I am not as into him as I used to be anyway. He's an all time great but I admit he can be annoying at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Hey look on the plus side. If Boston wins this series they get a SB rematch. But this time Boston has the backups. lmao 

I will say this, the Philly thing is getting annoying in the NBA. I didn't see it last night but 17 in a row, SMH.

The Philly hype is driving me crazy! I agree, as a Pacers fan I wanted Lance Stephenson to take them out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Philly hype is driving me crazy! I agree, as a Pacers fan I wanted Lance Stephenson to take them out!

Yeah the Philly thing gives me some indigestion. I am not sure what to believe or think?  haha Philly been too good this year.

I got to run but will try to watch the game 2's again on Tuesday. Don't think I will watch tomorrow's games.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Cavs end up playing Philly, I hate to say this, I hope LeBron spanks them. I am tired of the media Philly talk.

lmao 

You cracked me up today.

I think the Philly thing probably is a hotter topic lately then Lebron. 

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Saw this make the rounds:

LOL accurate..

This Cavs team is really Lebron and 11 role players. There is a reason Lebron played all 82 games for the first time in his career. And this after the year he was boasting about how much "rest" he needed lol. They don't make it out of the east this year.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

LOL accurate..

This Cavs team is really Lebron and 11 role players. There is a reason Lebron played all 82 games for the first time in his career. And this after the year he was boasting about how much "rest" he needed lol. They don't make it out of the east this year.

I highly doubt we win Game 2 but man would that be sweet! At least now we have a 50/50 chance to win the series and have HCA. Teams that win Game 1 in the history of the NBA win 77% of all series. I will just say winning Game 1 vs LeBron puts you on an even playing field haha, so I say 50/50 now.

51 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Houston wins by 3......James Harden scores 44.....

......and his 'step-back' jump shot is still traveling.  He takes 2 steps and does not dribble..

I thought this would be a good series. The Wolves with jimmy Butler aren't a true 8 seed.. Rockets better be careful.

James might get away with a couple travels. But as long as he's only taking 2 steps backwards he's doing it well. *I didn't get to watch the game*

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

LIG....I dont think the match up with us...

.....they dont have a defensive match for Oladipo unless its George Hill and George Hill is hurting.....he;s not 100% at all..

..and they have to get Kevin Love more than 8 shots but they also need LeBron to score more than just 24,...and those two needs contradict each other,

We didn't shoot well in game 1..what if we do?  

The Cavs only hope against Oladipo is putting LBJ on him. And they just might do that. They did it at times yesterday.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Cavs only hope against Oladipo is putting LBJ on him. And they just might do that. They did it at times yesterday.

vic is too fast for lebron.  he can run all day, james will get tired by half time 

they will probably try it though, they have to do something   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I hope they do because then that opens up everything by the rim and Bogdanovic will get some great looks. I don't think LeBron can guard Dipo because Dipo is much faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Houston wins by 3......James Harden scores 44.....

......and his 'step-back' jump shot is still traveling.  He takes 2 steps and does not dribble..

Houston will win by at least 10 in Game 2. Minny had their chance to steal a game a blew it. Houston played a sloppy game and still won.

Watching all of these people on ESPN looking sad and eating crow today just makes my day. Sweep by the Cavs haha, it may be, Pacers will that is lmao. This stuff is just too funny! I cant help but gloat because all of these guys like the Golic's, Wingo, Stephen A, and Max gave us no chance and picked the Cavs to sweep.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching all of these people on ESPN looking sad and eating crow today just makes my day. Sweep by the Cavs haha, it may be, Pacers will that is lmao. This stuff is just too funny! I cant help but gloat because all of these guys like the Golic's, Wingo, Stephen A, and Max gave us no chance and picked the Cavs to sweep.

It's not even the point that the Pacers won the game it's what they did in that game. When the Cavs started their comeback two times in the game the Pacers shut them down and then blew them out.

• Like 1

Since I'm just jumping back in a few thoughts (that no one is required to pay attention to).

I'm glad we drew the Cavs and their lack of cohesion and age, instead of the 6ers who are similar to the Pacers in terms of youth and speed. I don't have as much confidence that Vic could do to them what he's going to continue to do to Cavs. 

The media is annoying and it's not the Pacers apparently doing anything good according to them, it's all LeBron boot licking. It's annoying. It's been annoying. It's going to continue to be annoying. IF you're looking for the Pacers to get some respect or attention, it's not going to happen. I guess it'll have to be our secret and the media can keep caring about the celebrity side of this game (for which I actively start rooting against those people if they're not on my team) and bad teams in big cities.  

I'm a LeBron hater. I never root for him to win. I want him to lose. It's very similar math as to how I feel about the Cheaters, but lesser and LeBron isn't a cheater. The refs and NBA rules aren't his fault, though he's the beneficiary of plenty of bad officiating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope they do because then that opens up everything by the rim and Bogdanovic will get some great looks. I don't think LeBron can guard Dipo because Dipo is much faster.

I don't think LeBron could either but its probably the Cavs best hope. Wouldn't be surprised if they at least try it Wednesday night.

• Like 1

The X-factor is going to be when the refs start giving LeBron every call.   It's the NBA, so we know it will happen.   It is what I hate the most about the NBA.   Certain players are allowed an extra step and phantom fouls.   Even the announcers will say stuff like - "He's earned the right to get that call".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

The X-factor is going to be when the refs start giving LeBron every call.   It's the NBA, so we know it will happen.   It is what I hate the most about the NBA.   Certain players are allowed an extra step and phantom fouls.   Even the announcers will say stuff like - "He's earned the right to get that call".

I am still a bit annoyed with how they called a foul on Cory Joseph for being shoved by Jordan Clarkson. Also, it seems like whenever LeBron drives to the basket, he gets a foul call. It's ridiculous and the bias is showing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

They will see how he goes. Sometimes Victor can be streaky and they might let him shoot until he shows he has it going....but as soon as he shows they can't guard him...they will run traps at him and take the ball out of his hands. They did that last year to Paul George and said let everyone else beat us. The thing with this team is it is more balanced...better shooting and should benefit from the open looks that doubling Victor would cause. That said the Pacers aren't a great shooting team...those role players need to be ready to shoot and confident. I liked the match up for us coming in. It's still a long shot to win it but this team has a lot of heart. I like that.

Also I have a link to an article Victor wrote....very complimentary of the state of Indiana and our feelings on basketball.....Victor is an excellent writer and a smart young man....great read.  https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/victor-oladipo-pacers-playoffs

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They will see how he goes. Sometimes Victor can be streaky and they might let him shoot until he shows he has it going....but as soon as he shows they can't guard him...they will run traps at him and take the ball out of his hands. They did that last year to Paul George and said let everyone else beat us. The thing with this team is it is more balanced...better shooting and should benefit from the open looks that doubling Victor would cause. That said the Pacers aren't a great shooting team...those role players need to be ready to shoot and confident. I liked the match up for us coming in. It's still a long shot to win it but this team has a lot of heart. I like that.

Also I have a link to an article Victor wrote....very complimentary of the state of Indiana and our feelings on basketball.....Victor is an excellent writer and a smart young man....great read.  https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/victor-oladipo-pacers-playoffs

They ran several traps at him yesterday and Victor split a lot of them. 

And thanks for that article, I'll give it a read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

They cant do that because they need LeBron to score 40..and they need him to play 40-45 minutes.

He cant do it..

...and Victor would retreat for that 'running start' move he does and go right by him or pull up and shot over him.

George Hill is hurting....They need Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson to handle Victor.

No one else is athletic enough

6 hours ago, Myles said:

WE saw a little of that yesterday, Myles....Lance gets a 'T' for hitting LBJ in the head.

Thad Young and Sabonis get smacked down and the refs 'missed it'

We are the quicker team so the Cavs will have to get physical to beat us...will the contact be called?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I loved it!!! It's so refreshing for professional athletes to talk like this. You just never hear this from them I love me some Oladipo and I think he's a great leader too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think winning this series is a long shot at all now

4-1 against the cavs this year, and now i see why.  they are slow and our offense and fast breaks wear them out.  

I agree, aaron.....    How many times do we have to beat them before we are the better team.?

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Its true...the talk was all about would the Cavs win the east..not..would they beat the Pacers.

Most are still picking Cleveland to win this series but a Game 2 Pacers win would stop that talk.

We are healthy and we should be ready Wednesday

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think winning this series is a long shot at all now

4-1 against the cavs this year, and now i see why.  they are slow and our offense and fast breaks wear them out.  

I think now the worse case scenario is we lose in 7. I had us winning in 7 so we will see. In order for them to even win in 6, they would have to win 4 of the next 5. I don't see that.