Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

We thought Oladipo would do well with us but is anybody still surprised that at the end of games we basically give the ball to Victor every time down the floor and ask him to win it...

...and doing that...were 36-27....and six of those loses are when Vic didn't play.

We're 36-21 with Oladipo, right?  Amazing

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Vic said 4th feels ok but we got more That means Cleveland we are coming you got what we want 

we only have to tie them because we won the season series...

word from Ceveland is that Kevin Love may be back playing much sooner than expected...

44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

On the radio, Mark Boyle said after the game that Darren Collison has begun to work out in 4-on-4 practices....

Why 4-on-4 and not 5-on-5 I don't know..but that sounds like Collison may be back in a week

Boyle is perhaps in my mind the best in the business. He is the type of announcer I would try to be. He has had the best job ever covering Reggie to Paul George to Dipo with Slick as a sidekick. We have never won a Championship but have had many Good seasons = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014, and now in 2018. To me we were the NBA Champions in 1998 - the REFS screwed us in Game 7 at Chicago but that is whiney me lmao. We would've beat Utah.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boyle is perhaps in my mind the best in the business. He is the type of announcer I would try to be. He has had the best job ever covering Reggie to Paul George to Dipo with Slick as a sidekick. We have never won a Championship but have had many Good seasons = 1994, 95, 98, 99, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014, and now in 2018. To me we were the NBA Champions in 1998 - the REFS screwed us in Game 7 at Chicago but that is whiney me lmao. We would've beat Utah.

You can guess that I cant hear Pacers broadcasts up here over conventional radio but on Sirius XM, you can listen to every game of any team.

Boyle is doing the broadcast basically (he does cut down to the sidelines for pre=game and halftime) by himself since Slick got hurt.

It is really not easy to call  basketball by yourself...but he rarely stumbles and keeps up with the action with the appropriate amount of inflection and excitement in his voice..

Mark Boyle is very, very good.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You can guess that I cant hear Pacers broadcasts up here over conventional radio but on Sirius XM, you can listen to every game of any team.

Boyle is doing the broadcast basically (he does cut down to the sidelines for pre=game and halftime) by himself since Slick got hurt.

It is really not easy to call  basketball by yourself...but he rarely stumbles and keeps up with the action with the appropriate amount of inflection and excitement in his voice..

Mark Boyle is very, very good.

Boyle to me is the best ever. I wish I could Post some of his calls in the Reggie days. When he no longer is the play by play guy on radio that will be Bad. I could maybe try to fill in :thmup: but could never fill those shoes. I would be nervous as hell lmao calling an NBA game, cant lie!  He's not leaving to my knowledge anytime soon but he did say a while back he may retire. Boyle should have a statue along with Reggie IMO for the type of broadcasting he has had for 30 years. The guy is a God to me. Lamey too for that matter but he is the Colts. Lamey used to broadcast the Pacers when I was a kid and I actually met him back in the early 80's.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boyle to me is the best ever. I wish I could Post some of his calls in the Reggie days. When he no longer is the play by play guy on radio that will be Bad. I could maybe try to fill in :thmup: but could never fill those shoes. I would be nervous as hell lmao calling an NBA game, cant lie!  He's not leaving to my knowledge anytime soon but he did say a while back he may retire. Boyle should have a statue along with Reggie IMO for the type of broadcasting he has had for 30 years. The guy is a God to me. Lamey too for that matter but he is the Colts. Lamey used to broadcast the Pacers when I was a kid and I actually met him back in the early 80's.

I like Boyle but my favorite was Jerry Baker. The ABA days were great too.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will pay Randle and re-sign him, so dont dump on Magic. He also got rid of cancer Russell who people loved and wanted dump on Lonzo LOL. Paying Randle doesn't hurt their Salary Cap at all, they could sign him and PG-13 with no problem. 

I didn't realize paying Kmart Draymond Green more than actual Draymond Green makes would be considered a win. 

Just like Friday the Pacers are down to the Bucks at halftime. We were outscored 29-24 in the second quarter and being out rebounded 22-18 and. 5-4 on the offensive glass. That's gotta change if we are going to win this game. The winner tonight owns the ever important tie breaker