Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its good basketball when its winning basketball, is what you're saying.

You do what you have to do to win.

............................... but its not the way the game should be played, to me.

I don't like 40 3-poiners a game.  GSW does it, too..  Just not watchable

 

 

By the way..Damien Wilkins has averagaed 28 points a game in his last six G-league games...

Is there a chance we can resign him?   Wed have a guy on a 10-deay contract who we haven't used.

I don't know why we got rid of Wilkins in the first place. He was at the least a good veteran voice in the locker room that could provide 5-10 quality minutes when needed just like Al Jefferson. 

 

However, unlike Al Jefferson, Wilkins wasn't making 10 million dollars this year. I doubt we re-sign him though with the rotation already in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know why we got rid of Wilkins in the first place. He was at the least a good veteran voice in the locker room that could provide 5-10 quality minutes when needed just like Al Jefferson. 

 

However, unlike Al Jefferson, Wilkins wasn't making 10 million dollars this year. I doubt we re-sign him though with the rotation already in place.

  You are probably right....With Glenn Robinson back....we don't have minutes for a small forward...

  But I'm like you.....He was apparently very highly respected...

....if you have guys on the bench who don't play....they should be leaders like Jefferson and Wilkins.

 

Ill be interested to see if we resign Trey McKinney Jones....he's on a10-day deal

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

  You are probably right....With Glenn Robinson back....we don't have minutes for a small forward...

  But I'm like you.....He was apparently very highly respected...

....if you have guys on the bench who don't play....they should be leaders like Jefferson and Wilkins.

 

Ill be interested to see if we resign Trey McKinney Jones....he's on a10-day deal

OoI hope to see DC back on the court. I think that will effectively end any need for Trey. We need DC at a 100% so I get the extra time. We also need him back. 

 

If we had DC's leadership and shot making for himself and teammates. The outcomes could have been different in Dallas and/or the ATL. We can't give anymore games away if we want to make a serious push for the 4th maybe the 3rd seed. The Cavs are stumbling too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

  You are probably right....With Glenn Robinson back....we don't have minutes for a small forward...

  But I'm like you.....He was apparently very highly respected...

....if you have guys on the bench who don't play....they should be leaders like Jefferson and Wilkins.

 

Ill be interested to see if we resign Trey McKinney Jones....he's on a10-day deal

 

 

 

Doesn't look like we'll re-sign  him. We have Trevor Booker coming in though. Don't know if he'll play tomorrow or Monday but his signing was just announced today.

 

 

Edit: 

 

Looks like it will be Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Lakers game when we play them may not be an automatic win. They have now won 5 in a row and Magic is starting to like a genius Drafting Ball. Ball has been on fire lately, last night in the Lakers win at San Antonio - Ball dropped in 18 Points and had 11 Assists. He was also 6-10 from 3. I guess his ugly shot is working after all. I think I nailed being right on this when I said drafting Ball and trading Russell was the right thing to do. Magic trading for IT was a great move too, he has had back to back games of 29 and 21 Points. Magic has cleared out major Cap space by getting rid of the stiffs he needed too. If they add PG-13 to that team they will make the Playoffs next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Lakers game when we play them may not be an automatic win. They have now won 5 in a row and Magic is starting to like a genius Drafting Ball. Ball has been on fire lately, last night in the Lakers win at San Antonio - Ball dropped in 18 Points and had 11 Assists. He was also 6-10 from 3. I guess his ugly shot is working after all. I think I nailed being right on this when I said drafting Ball and trading Russell was the right thing to do. Magic trading for IT was a great move too, he has had back to back games of 29 and 21 Points. Magic has cleared out major Cap space by getting rid of the stiffs he needed too. If they add PG-13 to that team they will make the Playoffs next season.

Do you know they old saying even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while? Lonzo still shoots around 35%FG and 33% 3pt He picks it up to a sizzling 49% from the charity stripe. I'd hardly say his shot is working. Shaq was a better free throw shooter  

 

The summer may not play out like LA hopes. They are lucky pops is overseas but he will be back running his mouth which could play a role signing free agents. Who wants to voluntarily be a part of that side show? We have seen how big a distraction he can be.

 

Magic did clear cap space but come on Nance Jr and Clarkson are not stiffs. Magic may regret giving away  2 young guys. Nance Jr in particular he can jump out of the building and guard all 3 front court positions. If he develops a jump shot look out.The stiff Magic needed to unload was Deng.

 

The Lakers are playing good ball but I like our chance at home. It will be an interesting summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, akcolt said:

Do you know they old saying even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while? Lonzo still shoots around 35%FG and 33% 3pt He picks it up to a sizzling 49% from the charity stripe. I'd hardly say his shot is working. Shaq was a better free throw shooter  

 

The summer may not play out like LA hopes. They are lucky pops is overseas but he will be back running his mouth which could play a role signing free agents. Who wants to voluntarily be a part of that side show? We have seen how big a distraction he can be.

 

Magic did clear cap space but come on Nance Jr and Clarkson are not stiffs. Magic may regret giving away  2 young guys. Nance Jr in particular he can jump out of the building and guard all 3 front court positions. If he develops a jump shot look out.The stiff Magic needed to unload was Deng.

 

The Lakers are playing good ball but I like our chance at home. It will be an interesting summer. 

you didnt even mention Magic's biggest mistake. Refusing to pay their best player. Now, they're going to either give Randle a max contract or lose him. Which severely hurts their free agency this summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second unit is killing us I thought things were going well when Lance made his first shot That usually means he's going to play well not so far tonight. It's times like these we really miss DC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

you didnt even mention Magic's biggest mistake. Refusing to pay their best player. Now, they're going to either give Randle a max contract or lose him. Which severely hurts their free agency this summer. 

They will pay Randle and re-sign him, so dont dump on Magic. He also got rid of cancer Russell who people loved and wanted dump on Lonzo LOL. Paying Randle doesn't hurt their Salary Cap at all, they could sign him and PG-13 with no problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

55-45 at the half That's how you close a quarter. We look good except for a stretch from the 2nd unit That was mostly Lance making dumb passes The offensive rebounds are the only real issue We are still winning 

the rebound battle, playing very good D and finally making our free throws I don't think we've missed one tonight 

 

We need a good start out of the locker room. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, akcolt said:

55-45 at the half That's how you close a quarter. We look good except for a stretch from the 2nd unit That was mostly Lance making dumb passes The offensive rebounds are the only real issue We are still winning 

the rebound battle, playing very good D and finally making our free throws I don't think we've missed one tonight 

 

We need a good start out of the locker room. 

Yeah the 3rd qtr is huge, Vic is on tonight so I feel good about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

55-45 at the half That's how you close a quarter. We look good except for a stretch from the 2nd unit That was mostly Lance making dumb passes The offensive rebounds are the only real issue We are still winning 

the rebound battle, playing very good D and finally making our free throws I don't think we've missed one tonight 

 

We need a good start out of the locker room. 

This is very good stuff here......... Vic and Bojan combine for what? 30?

 

Maybe we've caught thm on the downgrade after they lost to Golden State.

This would be a big, big win.

 

I had hoped we'd split the 4-game road trip....and we still have a chance to do it.

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I do too, Sabonis needs to be more aggressive.

We have bigs our wings are above average rebounders I don't get all the offensive boards those and missed free throws get me aggravated quickly There is a surer way to lose a game either.  

 

We look good and I think the Wiz are starting to miss Wall We need to stay on them 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...