Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Looking at players who might be traded next month..I was wondering what it would take to get Larry Nance Jr. off the Lakers....or Niko Mirotic off the Bulls

Rumor has it the Lakers are looking to move Clarkson Randle and Nance Jr

• Thanks 1

Miami has been solid lately, well they showed me some sparks already earlier in the year when they were not winning enough but they are now in the thick of things and sitting here at 4th in the east just ahead of the Wizards. Well run and well coached team, cannot count them out ever. They just missed the playoffs last year by tiebreaker so it will be interesting to see if they can hold on and get in this season. 

OKC is starting to annoy me........they are up and down.

Warriors lost to the Clippers!!!!!!!

And somehow we got a nice new picture of Gordon Hayward in the last few days. Many are speculating........too soon to know though. It don't mean anything YET since he is rehabbing. And some say his hurt ankle looks different close up but some medical expert said that is normal and his hurt ankle might always look a tad off due to bone spurs which may go away over time.

Danny Ainge is teasing us btw........

Good for Gordon though!!! He looks great!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I left the house to come to work it was 97-97. Damn I guess we didn't pull it off. I just looked at the Box Scores and we were 1-18 from 3. Cant beat anyone doing that.

We're a good shooting team, too....   Just a bad night, I guess.

.....again.....our depth isn't great, though....

I hope we can pick up somebody at the deadline who can make us a bit stronger when we have an injury..

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Halfway through the season we are the 8th seed. I could definitely see us out of the playoffs which would suck with how good of a start we had but expected nonetheless. 

Tough spot for them.   Probably make the playoffs and get a poor draft spot.    I do think this team can play better and be a 4-6 seed in the future.   The question is - What do they do to get over the hump?   Do the Pacers settle for being the 4-8th best team in the East?   Do they have a choice?

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

Tough spot for them.   Probably make the playoffs and get a poor draft spot.    I do think this team can play better and be a 4-6 seed in the future.   The question is - What do they do to get over the hump?   Do the Pacers settle for being the 4-8th best team in the East?   Do they have a choice?

The answers are 'create cap space'... 'no' and 'yes'..

If you can be a playoff team, you do that and try to acquire starters through trade and free agency...

You can a acquire quality players outside the draft..

..and you can acquire good players drafting 10-20   (Myles Turner is a good example)

We're in a very good position right now with our youth

...and Big Al's deal is up next year....Thad Youngs is up next year.

So is Collison's.  That's s about $33 mil

Lots of money to spend...and except for Victor,  we have a low-price roster as it is.

Oladipo being signed for 3 more years at $21 mil a year is a blessing now..

Edited by oldunclemark

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You've said that before and its true....Its amazing he gets the numbers he gets because he doesnt get many calls yet.

he;s pretty strong again tonight..

...but I cant even guess why he doesn't get the calls other centers do

Its amazing. He gets mugged in the paint all the time and its like refs just look the other way. 

• Like 1

The Playoff race to see who gets in will be real interesting. Several teams hovering around .500. I think we are better than NY but Philly still scares me a bit. I keep thinking Detroit will fall off but they keep hanging around. I think Washington and Milwaukee will get in, just too much talent on those teams. Miami will too as they are well rounded and have Very Good Coaching.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its like adding Isiah has messed them up...similar to OKC

I knew this would happen deep down I kept saying the little guy was the worst on the planet defensively and the Cavs issues were never on offense.

Sigh........

And sadly now Cavs fans are turning on IT and picking on him.:( Stevens had a good system in place for IT that hid his weaknesses.......not sure the Cavs can or will?:dunno:

Going to be interesting to see if Cleveland makes a trade too.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Playoff race to see who gets in will be real interesting. Several teams hovering around .500. I think we are better than NY but Philly still scares me a bit. I keep thinking Detroit will fall off but they keep hanging around. I think Washington and Milwaukee will get in, just too much talent on those teams. Miami will too as they are well rounded and have Very Good Coaching.

Miami is hot right now, but will cool off later like most teams so we'll see. But I like how Erik Spoelstra said early in the year that their mindset heading into this season was not to just try to make the playoffs but to be a top 4 team in the east. And how winning a few games against good teams was not enough but to instill a winning mindset. He said all of this after the Heat broke the C's 16 game win streak.

Not a fan of the Heat, but I like how they run things. Pat Riley is Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra is one of my favorite underrated top coaches.

Detroit is odd........so up and down but a good team when they show up. Averly Bradley was a good addition for them.

Philly blew a 22 point lead to the Celtics today in London and then the Celtics crushed them. Philly is talented as heck all around, but they don't seem to have enough chemistry as a team together yet or know how to win consistently. But the media LOVES this Sixers team. lmao  I think Philly will get there though with time.......

All in all I love the east this year, great competitive conference. Even the lower looking seeds are gritty. The Bucks, Pacers, Knicks all have a star player on their squads who can take over games.

Celtics and Raptors are hungry this year so the Cavs have to watch their backs!!!!

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

I knew this would happen deep down I kept saying the little guy was the worst on the planet defensively and the Cavs issues were never on offense.

Sigh........

And sadly now Cavs fans are turning on IT and picking on him.:( Stevens had a good system in place for IT that hid his weaknesses.......not sure the Cavs can or will?:dunno:

Going to be interesting to see if Cleveland makes a trade too.

They have been playing really Bad lately and will only be 26-15 at the midway point. That isn't a Good record for LeBron. They are basically on pace to only win 52 games. Boston will have HCA again and this time it will be interesting.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have been playing really Bad lately and will only be 26-15 at the midway point. That isn't a Good record for LeBron. They are basically on pace to only win 52 games. Boston will have HCA again and this time it will be interesting.

I think I may have to sleep on some of this.

I mean I am rubbing my eyes lately on the Cavs. Is this real life? lmao 

• Like 1

I can't even watch this anymore, Cavs are not even trying at times on the defensive end. It is making me almost feel sick.

I expect more effort then this from a veteran team that has been to so many finals. And this INCLUDES Lebron.

I give a pass to younger teams like the Celtics or Lakers or Sixers if they have a bad game. Or even the Pacers when Dipo is out.

But this........GET OUT OF HERE with this. Raptors are banged up too......

Embarrassing.

• Like 1

Here are my Mid Season Awards:

-Best team so far = Golden St Warriors at 33-9. Still the team to beat!

-MVP so far = James Harden. Not a fan of his as he flops a lot but he is averaging 32.3 Points (leads league), 9.1 Rebounds, and 5 Assists a game. His PER is 30.44 which is higher than LeBron's. His team also has the 3rd best record in the league at 29-11.

-Most Improved Player of the Year so far = Victor Oladipo. Last season he averaged 15.9 Points on 44% shooting and 36% from 3. This season he is averaging 24.6 Points on 49% shooting and 41% from 3. The Pacers also have a winning record at 21-20 and are an 8 Seed as of now in the Eastern Playoffs.

-Coach of the Year so far = Brad Stevens. Celtics are 34-10 which is the 2nd best record in the league just %points behind the Warriors. They lost Gordon Hayward on opening night and still haven't lost a beat.

-Most Improved Team so far = Minnesota Timberwolves. Last season they went 31-51, they are currently 27-16 and the 4th Seed in the West this season.

• Like 1

I am rooting for the Pacers to beat the Cavs. I am sick of this crap. Even more so, Cavs fans have reached new deranged lows and I read this on their forum:

Are we witnessing a power struggle for the BKN pick? LBJ showing Dan what will happen if Dan doesn't trade for more talent?

OMG you mean the Cavs team isn't TALENTED enough now?:facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm: 

And they take turns now making fun of Isaiah Thomas.:( Sure yeah he's little but GEEZ.........

Go Pacers!!!!!!!! Attack that nonexistent Cavs D!!!!!!!!

Then we can move on and sink our teeth into some playoff football again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am rooting for the Pacers to beat the Cavs. I am sick of this crap. Even more so, Cavs fans have reached new deranged lows and I read this on their forum:

OMG you mean the Cavs team isn't TALENTED enough now?:facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm: 

And they take turns now making fun of Isaiah Thomas.:( Sure yeah he's little but GEEZ.........

Go Pacers!!!!!!!! Attack that nonexistent Cavs D!!!!!!!!

Then we can move on and sink our teeth into some playoff football again.

Are you watching this Lakers game? The Lakers look unreal, slamming and jamming! Nance is playing out his mind, Lonzo has 18 and Ingram is on fire! Lakers going to win their 3rd in a row.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn Cavs lose 133-99! Time for Spurs at Lakers. Lakers have actually won 2 in a row.

3 in a row now for the Lakers. They had a brutal losing streak before but bounced back okay. 

Not sure if they are making trades and what not either so something to watch........

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you watching this Lakers game? The Lakers look unreal, slamming and jamming! Nance is playing out his mind, Lonzo has 18 and Ingram is on fire! Lakers going to win their 3rd in a row.

lol yeah I am about ready to log off soon but been following this game. Lakers looked unreal tonight and Lonzo has been very good.

:rock:

Refreshing to watch the Lakers try hard and win a game after seeing the entitled brats in the early game not care.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They didn't have Kawhi, Gay, nor Parker, calm down lol

• Like 1