Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Was looking at the East standings and we are currently 10th but I think we are better than Knicks and Magic, 2 teams that are in front of us. Magic have came back down to earth and are losing now, they are only 1 game ahead of us. Knicks are 1.5 ahead of us and other than Porzingis they aren't much IMO. The other teams ahead of us are really good though, 76ers are much improved, Bucks are Good now as well. An 8th Seed is doable for the Pacers is what I am thinking and that would get us into the Playoffs. You have the Celtics, Cavs who we all know will get on a run, Raptors, Wizards, Pistons, Bucks, and 76ers all who are either improved, Good, or Very Good then possibly we sneak at #8? Just early guesses as there is a long long ways to go.

If only the Pacers could learn to play team defense. They don't have much problems scoring so the need to play defense would go a long way.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If only the Pacers could learn to play team defense. They don't have much problems scoring so the need to play defense would go a long way.

A lot can happen as there is a ton of time to go in the season. I can see battling for a 7th or 8th Seed just looking at who's ahead of us.

Joel Embiid is a beast.........-omg- He destroyed the Lakers tonight.

Okay, don't want to pick on Lonzo Ball but I did have to laugh at this:

[IMG]

There is something off though. Walton has benched him pretty much two games a row now in the 4th. I am not sure quite what is going on either but that shot still needs to be worked on. At least in the offseason. He is wildly inconsistent which is normal for a rookie at times but his shooting can just be that bizarre. 

Lakers fans are starting to rip him now calling him soft and saying he looks lazy. Ouch...........

This is exactly why I ranted about his father for a while too. His dad did not help AT ALL. He put the spotlight on Lonzo instead of just letting him be, LaVar Ball called him better than Steph Curry for crying out loud. If Lonzo fails, I think his dad deserves serious blame for all of this crap.

Of course LiAngelo Ball stealing crap in China might be distracting Lonzo too. Weird weird family, but never boring.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Joel Embiid is a beast.........-omg- He destroyed the Lakers tonight.

Okay, don't want to pick on Lonzo Ball but I did have to laugh at this:

[IMG]

There is something off though. Walton has benched him pretty much two games a row now in the 4th. I am not sure quite what is going on either but that shot still needs to be worked on. At least in the offseason. He is wildly inconsistent which is normal for a rookie at times but his shooting can just be that bizarre. 

Lakers fans are starting to rip him now calling him soft and saying he looks lazy. Ouch...........

This is exactly why I ranted about his father for a while too. His dad did not help AT ALL. He put the spotlight on Lonzo instead of just letting him be, LaVar Ball called him better than Steph Curry for crying out loud. If Lonzo fails, I think his dad deserves serious blame for all of this crap.

Of course LiAngelo Ball stealing crap in China might be distracting Lonzo too. Weird weird family, but never boring.

The only area where Lonzo is struggling is his scoring. Of course it's a very important area lmao but in time I think his shot will improve. Not sure why Luke hasn't played him in the 4th Qtr lately? I really don't see him as being lazy, I see him as being passive because he's struggling with his shot. He is still distributing the ball very well and most nights he has Rebounded well. Still too early in the season to really judge him. I remember when people were calling Jason Kidd a bust because he couldn't shoot either, he shot 38.5% his Rookie season. In time his 3 point shooting got really good.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Was looking at the East standings and we are currently 10th but I think we are better than Knicks and Magic, 2 teams that are in front of us. Magic have came back down to earth and are losing now, they are only 1 game ahead of us. Knicks are 1.5 ahead of us and other than Porzingis they aren't much IMO. The other teams ahead of us are really good though, 76ers are much improved, Bucks are Good now as well. An 8th Seed is doable for the Pacers is what I am thinking and that would get us into the Playoffs. You have the Celtics, Cavs who we all know will get on a run, Raptors, Wizards, Pistons, Bucks, and 76ers all who are either improved, Good, or Very Good then possibly we sneak in at #8? Just early guesses as there is a long long ways to go.

You also have the Miami Heat. They seem to tinker around the middle a lot and were one game from the playoffs last year. Same situation this year, just under the playoff standings hanging around again in whatever land. But I rarely ever see them play either so I have not been that interested in them. I always been waiting for them to play the Cavs in the playoffs since Lebron went back to Cleveland but it never happens. Now with D Wade there it's even more juicy.

I think the league would love to get Philly in. NBA media outlets have been screaming for some time that Philly is THE BEST YOUNG TEAM COMING IN THE EAST for ages.

And of course if the Greek Freak isn't in the playoffs then they will have a heart attack in the NBA.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only area where Lonzo is struggling is his scoring. Of course it's a very important area lmao but in time I think his shot will improve. Not sure why Luke hasn't played him in the 4th Qtr lately? I really don't see him as being lazy, I see him as being passive because he's struggling with his shot. He is still distributing the ball very well and most nights he has Rebounded well. Still too early in the season to really judge him. I remember when people were calling Jason Kidd a bust because he couldn't shoot either, he shot 38.5% his Rookie season. In time his 3 point shooting got really good.

Lakers Nation can be fickle I will say that. I been reading their stuff for many years and once was a member of their largest forums a while ago. They seem to go from extreme despair on Lonzo to extreme praise on a nightly basis.

I too think Lonzo should be OK and people also have to realize that this Lakers team honestly isn't very good either all around. lmao It's young and inconsistent and shows up from time to time but some teams are going to nail them. They didn't even lose that bad tonight but everyone is going nuts. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jules said:

You also have the Miami Heat. They seem to tinker around the middle a lot and were one game from the playoffs last year. Same situation this year, just under the playoff standings hanging around again in whatever land. But I rarely ever see them play either so I have not been that interested in them. I always been waiting for them to play the Cavs in the playoffs since Lebron went back to Cleveland but it never happens. Now with D Wade there it's even more juicy.

I think the league would love to get Philly in. NBA media outlets have been screaming for some time that Philly is THE BEST YOUNG TEAM COMING IN THE EAST for ages.

And of course if the Greek Freak isn't in the playoffs then they will have a heart attack in the NBA.

Bucks could possibly be a Top 5 Seed now that acquired Bledsoe. Greek Freak will be an MVP candidate IMO.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still too early in the season to really judge him. I remember when people were calling Jason Kidd a bust because he couldn't shoot either, he shot 38.5% his Rookie season. In time his 3 point shooting got really good.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

I too think Lonzo should be OK and people also have to realize that this Lakers team honestly isn't very good either all around. lmao It's young and inconsistent and shows up from time to time but some teams are going to nail them. They didn't even lose that bad tonight but everyone is going nut

It's very early in the season. But like @Jules said, this is all his dad's fault. Instead of saying things like he IS going to be better than.. he said "He's better than Steph Curry, to me" he added. Just unnecessary. "Zo is the best player in the world." Yet, he shouldn't have arms to shoot the ball in the 4th quarter. So everyone is balling out harder on Lonzo because of his dad. Look at Embidd last night.

I don't think it's too early to judge him. I mean the world was all over him with the MVP.. in the SUMMER league! His dad did his "job" get the spotlight on MY BOY. Well congrats it's on him now. Good and Bad

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It's very early in the season. But like @Jules said, this is all his dad's fault. Instead of saying things like he IS going to be better than.. he said "He's better than Steph Curry, to me" he added. Just unnecessary. "Zo is the best player in the world." Yet, he shouldn't have arms to shoot the ball in the 4th quarter. So everyone is balling out harder on Lonzo because of his dad. Look at Embidd last night.

I don't think it's too early to judge him. I mean the world was all over him with the MVP.. in the SUMMER league! His dad did his "job" get the spotlight on MY BOY. Well congrats it's on him now. Good and Bad

Once Magic has the summer of 2018 to add better players to the team that should help Lonzo as well. I knew he would struggle with scoring coming in, what I have always said is he would bring leadership and team ball to the Lakers. That he was an exceptional Passer.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who was calling Jason Kidd a bust his rookie year? Dallas improved heavily his rookie year, a 20+ win difference and Kidd got the bulk of the credit for that improvement. These Kidd comparisons need to end. The only thing the two have in common is being half black/white. The similarities end quickly after that.

Lonzo is struggling in the half court offense as a ball handler, in half court offense off the ball. On defense he gets the Steph Curry treatment. The few times he does have to defend on the ball, guys are blowing past him off the dribble. No pick needed. This isnt Westbrook, where you expect it to happen. These are guys like Mario Chalmers, just eating him alive. Lets not forget the worst true shooting percentage of the 3 point era. 

He's really good at finding guys in transition and hes a good rebounder.

The Warriors got better this off season. That bench is so deep, it could compete for a playoff spot. It's straight up not fair, how good they are.

The NBA needs a hard cap with no limits on player contracts. If the * Bulls(feel free to replace with any other terribly managed team) want to offer 90 million a year to Steph Curry, they should be allowed to

1 hour ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Who was calling Jason Kidd a bust his rookie year? Dallas improved heavily his rookie year, a 20+ win difference and Kidd got the bulk of the credit for that improvement. These Kidd comparisons need to end. The only thing the two have in common is being half black/white. The similarities end quickly after that.

Lonzo is struggling in the half court offense as a ball handler, in half court offense off the ball. On defense he gets the Steph Curry treatment. The few times he does have to defend on the ball, guys are blowing past him off the dribble. No pick needed. This isnt Westbrook, where you expect it to happen. These are guys like Mario Chalmers, just eating him alive. Lets not forget the worst true shooting percentage of the 3 point era. 

Almost every NBA expert was bashing Kidd his Rookie season because of his shooting. Yeah the Mavs improved 20 games or so his rookie season but hard not to improve when you don't even win 20 games. Mavs still only won 36 games his rookie season.

2 hours ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Your last sentence is what I was saying. He is a Good Passer and a Good Rebounder but is having trouble scoring.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I've watched Lonzo a lot this year so far and I'll say I think he thinks to much.  He needs to be in aggressive attack mode the whole game.  He needs to take the open 3's when he has them.  The two times he's done all of those things this year were against the Suns and Bucks and he had an excellent game both times.  His numbers are very similar to that of Jason Kidd's rookie season except for the shooting percentage.  He may need more confidence too.  Right now, Simmons, Smith Jr. Mitchell, Markannen, Kuzma and Tatum are the best rookies. 

• Like 1

Jaylen Brown vs. the Golden State Warriors has been an interesting game so far.

Would be nice if other Celtics could join in the show and make some shots. Celtics have looked like a bunch of Lonzo Ball's tonight.

I have to say though, GS really should be ahead by a lot more then they are right now........Boston can still play defense but man oh man is their offense at times streaky as hell. I am shocked it's nearing the 4th quarter and GS doesn't even have 70 points.

But it's a good learning experience game for the young Celtics IMO.

Marcus Smart btw KILLS me. Dude can't shoot his way out of a paper bag at times.

Celtics are odd.

There is no way this should even be a game right now the way they have been shooting tonight.

Boston needs another scorer and yeah I know he broke his leg in a million pieces in the first game of the year.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Celtics are odd.

There is no way this should even be a game right now the way they have been shooting tonight.

Boston needs another scorer and yeah I know he broke his leg in a million pieces in the first game of the year.

Yeah if they had Hayward man they would be super dangerous. Brown's Defense and overall play has been unreal. 68-68 going to the 4th. Stevens is the Jedi Master!

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if they had Hayward man they would be super dangerous. Brown's Defense and overall play has been unreal. 68-68 going to the 4th. Stevens is the Jedi Master!

I got no idea what to say, I thought Boston would get waxed the way they been shooting tonight.

I am kinda speechless they have a shot at the moment.

Boston's offense is soooooooo bad tonight. Omg. But the Warriors are answering the call to Kyrie/Horford.

But at the same time GS is being held in this game. 

But the shooting for the Celtics at times is God awful.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I got no idea what to say, I thought Boston would get waxed the way they been shooting tonight.

I am kinda speechless they have a shot at the moment.

Their Defense keeps them in games and they play hard all game/give 100% - that is a sign of Great Coaching. They probably wont have enough Offense to beat the Warriors but they are right it in.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their Defense keeps them in games and they play hard all game/give 100% - that is a sign of Great Coaching. They probably wont have enough Offense to beat the Warriors but they are right it in.

Thats what kills me. It's like they COULD beat the Warriors and all the top teams if they had more. But some of them are also too damn young and not finishing.

And Cleveland can't do it, they don't have the D nor the coaching. They try to out shoot the Warriors........and it fails 8 times out of 10.

Boston can play defense. If they could make more baskets they would be lethal but maybe this will come with time and experience. 

Ugh.

Warriors have a great defense too btw when they try and play hard so I give them credit too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Thats what kills me. It's like they COULD beat the Warriors and all the top teams if they had more. But some of them are also too damn young and not finishing.

And Cleveland can't do it, they don't have the D nor the coaching. They try to out shoot the Warriors........and it fails 8 times out of 10.

Boston can play defense. If they could make more baskets they would be lethal but maybe this will come with time and experience. 

Ugh.

Warriors have a great defense too btw when they try and play hard so I give them credit too.

Horford cant buy a 3! Yeah the Warriors came to play tonight, like you I can tell because they are playing D

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Horford cant buy a 3! Yeah the Warriors came to play tonight, like you I can tell because they are playing D

Yeah Warriors are trying hard tonight too. Just great defense by both teams but one team CLEARLY has more shooters that have skill.

When the Warriors show up on D they can be unbeatable which they do in the big games.

• Like 1