Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just now, dgambill said:

If he wasnt hitting all those 2s and they were taking 3s they would be getting blow not out. Only thing keeping them in it.

That's how you play  GSW when your 'D' isn't and better than the Cavs.

lure Durant into  .....contested 2s instead of open 3s....that's why the game is close even though the Cavs haven't shot well

Its what we did to LBJ

96=95....3:16 to go

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

No, he wanst good..They like him..they;d have played him if he was

Blame Hood, not the coach

He was playing end of game mostly. Even if he had a couple bad games you keep playing him. Jr Smith plays and starts every game and he has played like a scrub almost all series long. Then tonight he starts off like 10 quick points. Lue sticks with him. I promise as a guy that played a ton of basketball you need rythem. You have to keep your feel for the game. Good missed his first shot but they stayed with him and kept going back to him tonight and see what happened. He got in the flow and now is dangerous.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He was playing end of game mostly. Even if he had a couple bad games you keep playing him. Jr Smith plays and starts every game and he has played like a scrub almost all series long. Then tonight he starts off like 10 quick points. Lue sticks with him. I promise as a guy that played a ton of basketball you need rythem. You have to keep your feel for the game. Good missed his first shot but they stayed with him and kept going back to him tonight and see what happened. He got in the flow and now is dangerous.

Hood isn't JR ////1st playoff

Durant with 43.....GSW up 4.....

That's a second  guess...Obviously, they won 3 playoff series without Hood.

Not against GS. This team can’t win 4 out of 7 without a dynamic playmaker like Kyrie gone....Hood is the only other guy on the team that can get his own shot besides Love in the post. He has game on offense. Best believe Lue will play him more in game 4 and they will need him if they are to win even 1 game. Not trying to argue...but he is their 3rd scorer if they would get him involved. They have to use him. He didn’t matchup well with Boston who had like 4 guys that could guard him. GS has trouble...he can get his own shot.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He did.....He knows where to be on the floor...and he can pass..even with one knee

Yep had a nice steal and a big dunk at the end.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lue isn't using him right! Just like not playing Hood at all until tonight.

I’m not as hard on him about Korver. It’s a bad matchup for him...but Hood can make plays against GS. It might just be too late.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not against GS. This team can’t win 4 out of 7 without a dynamic playmaker like Kyrie gone....Hood is the only other guy on the team that can get his own shot besides Love in the post. He has game on offense. Best believe Lue will play him more in game 4 and they will need him if they are to win even 1 game. Not trying to argue...but he is their 3rd scorer if they would get him involved. They have to use him. He didn’t matchup well with Boston who had like 4 guys that could guard him. GS has trouble...he can get his own shot.

Come on, dg,.,.,its Rodney Hood.

I remember you didn't like him when I suggested him for the Pacers, True?

You wrote 6 paragraphs about how he's a bad fit for us.

Rodney Hood is a nice young player..

But plus-minus tonight (Minus=-12)

Maybe Nate McMillen will use him right next season!!

He would be a good fit. Not a great defender but nice SF and allow Bogs to come off the bench where his best fit is playing against 2nd units. If he could develope that corner 3 he would be an elite offensive player.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Come on, dg,.,.,its Rodney Hood.

I remember you didn't like him when I suggested him for the Pacers, True?

You wrote 6 paragraphs about how he's a bad fit for us.

Rodney Hood is a nice young player..

But plus-minus tonight (Minus=-12)

I think your thinking of a different player. He would fit the Pacers fine. He is a restricted free agent but Cavs can’t afford to keep him. Plus minus is bad because he has played a lot of minutes with second unit since coming to Cavs thus they have lost ground with him on the floor.

LBJ was 33, 10 and 11 assists...

He did seem tired in the 4th quarter, though...

Cavs win if they hit open shots....but that was true in game 1, too

Its a sweep now....4-0

Yep...that tweeked ankle had to have an effect. Yep don’t miss game 4 or you might miss the last basketball til winter lol. Night y’all!

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He would be a good fit. Not a great defender but nice SF and allow Bogs to come off the bench where his best fit is playing against 2nd units. If he could develope that corner 3 he would be an elite offensive player.

He's a low price guy (from a free agent standpoint) maybe $10-$15 mil a year..

At 6-foot-8....he has potential defensively.....he;s not good on 'D' but he has potential because he's quick..

...and he will score.....his 3-ball may improve

He's a restricted free agent but I doubt he's staying in Cleveland....unless LeBron leaves and they trade Love

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a great question, will Lebron ever win another Championship? This offseason for him is huge decision time.

The answer is probably 'no' because I dont think he has more than 2 or 3 years left

The East is getting better..and Houston has joined  GSW at the top of the West

His best chance would be to stay in Cleveland or go to Miami

Does Chris Paul ever win?

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

The answer is probably 'no' because I dont think he has more than 2 or 3 years left

The East is getting better..and Houston has joined  GSW at the top of the West

His best chance would be to stay in Cleveland or go to Miami

Does Chris Paul ever win?

CP3 has never been to the Finals but Houston is pretty loaded. They took the Warriors 7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

CP3 has never been to the Finals but Houston is pretty loaded. They took the Warriors 7.

I agree..but does he ever win?

About LeBron../all the points he scored hides the fact that he just isnt a better than average defender anymore.

He wasnt guarding Durant tonight because he just cant do that anymore

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

About LeBron../all the points he scored hides the fact that he just isnt a better than average defender anymore.

This offseason and Draft is going to be real interesting to see who does what and who goes where.

Pretty much all anyone cares about is who wins and loses in the history of sports. Whether it's right or wrong, when you root for a team or player that is all that matters. Nobody remembers 2nd place. Here is just a fun list for you NBA fans and NFL Football fans regarding Elite Superstars/QB's winning and losing. Wins is the #1 tiebreaker, 2nd tiebreaker is NBA Finals Appearances/SB Appearances if a player has the same amount of Wins/SB wins.

NBA all-time:

1. Bill Russell 11-1

2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6-4

3. Michael Jordan 6-0

4. Magic Johnson 5-4

5. Kobe Bryant 5-2

6. Tim Duncan 5-1

7. George Mikan 5-0

8. Shaquille O'Neal 4-2

9. LeBron James 3-6 (will be 3-6 shortly)

10. Larry Bird 3-2

-That is the Top 10 with 3 or more wins out of who most people consider the Elite of the Elite. Not a knock against LeBron but he ranks 9th here.

NFL all-time starting QB's in SB's - SB era (1966-2017):

1. Tom Brady 5-3

2. Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana tied for 2nd = 4-0

4. Troy Aikman 3-0 (behind the 3 above)

5. John Elway 2-3 (more appearances than Staubach and Peyton)

6. Roger Staubach and our Peyton Manning tied for 6th = 2-2

8. Bob Griese and Ben Roethlisberger tied for 8th = 2-1 (behind Staubach and Peyton because of appearances)

10. 3 tied in 10th = Bart Starr 2-0, Jim Plunkett 2-0. Eli Manning 2-0 

-These are the 12 QB's that have won 2 or more SB's. Our Peyton ranks tied for 6th on this list.

-Regarding Baseball, the Cubs are still #1 and Indians #2 regarding the 2016 World Series. Nothing will ever change that! :cheers:

-Just bored and having fun here. Good night everyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

The answer is no in regards to LeBron winning another championship

I am fine with that :thmup:. There are so many people that worship him in general and the media worships him as well to the point where ESPN is almost unwatchable. So if he never wins it again I think it would be funny. I am not really a Warriors fan but they have saved us from LeBron winning 4 straight Championships in a row and a bunch of GOAT talk. I think the Cavs could've beat the Rockets with CP3 being gimpy. CP3, with the injury he has may have been out for the entire Finals. Makes me want to buy a Durant jersey actually watching the Warriors beat LeBron again haha 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Iggy made a difference tonight...he isn’t 100% but his defense and presence and play making was big too.

And Iggy was the difference between the Rockets series going 7 games too. 

Andre's strip of Love on the Baseline was a huge play in the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am fine with that :thmup:. There are so many people that worship him in general and the media worships him as well to the point where ESPN is almost unwatchable. So if he never wins it again I think it would be funny. I am not really a Warriors fan but they have saved us from LeBron winning 4 straight Championships in a row and a bunch of GOAT talk. I think the Cavs could've beat the Rockets with CP3 being gimpy. CP3, with the injury he has may have been out for the entire Finals. Makes me want to buy a Durant jersey actually watching the Warriors beat LeBron again haha 

Lebron has been the vain of the Pacers existence lately...I have no sympathy for the Cavs losing....that said I can't exactly jump on GS bandwagon either. That team has a ridiculous advantage....almost not fair. I am not a big CP3 fan either so I had a hard time this post season. Guess it was Boston after the Pacers were out. Not many likable teams in the NBA for me. Overall I really don't even care much for pro-basketball with all the crying and carrying the ball and standing around going 1 on 1. At least GS runs some motion...its pretty to watch when they get going....but most teams don't even try....boring basketball imo. GS and Houston were keeping it very exciting with those 3s though I will say that. If GS can finish this off (which they better or you would hear even more Lebron greatest ever with a 0-3 comeback) it actually legitimizes them as a true all time great team in the eyes of many. Until you win back to back its hard to say you were one of the all-time great teams. The Celtics a couple times, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Heat...and now GS will be the recent that have done it....then put 3 out 4 and you have something pretty special no matter what happens going forward. This team will remain great but I think we will see injuries and complacency get to them. I thought it started to happen against Houston. They just coast on their shooting too much sometimes...and if you stop doing the little things like diving on the floor and rebounding and tough defense that puts you over the top....shooting eventually will fail you...you will go cold....and before you know it you get beat.

Edit: Actually just realized the Spurs never won back to back championships....as great as they have been during the Duncan/Robinson, Duncan/Ginobli/Parker, Duncan/Leonard eras.....that's pretty remarkable....another reason the GS accomplishment now feels even bigger.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty much all anyone cares about is who wins and loses in the history of sports. Whether it's right or wrong, when you root for a team or player that is all that matters. Nobody remembers 2nd place. Here is just a fun list for you NBA fans and NFL Football fans regarding Elite Superstars/QB's winning and losing. Wins is the #1 tiebreaker, 2nd tiebreaker is NBA Finals Appearances/SB Appearances if a player has the same amount of Wins/SB wins.

NBA all-time:

1. Bill Russell 11-1

2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6-4

3. Michael Jordan 6-0

4. Magic Johnson 5-4

5. Kobe Bryant 5-2

6. Tim Duncan 5-1

7. George Mikan 5-0

8. Shaquille O'Neal 4-2

9. LeBron James 3-6 (will be 3-6 shortly)

10. Larry Bird 3-2

-That is the Top 10 with 3 or more wins out of who most people consider the Elite of the Elite. Not a knock against LeBron but he ranks 9th here.

NFL all-time starting QB's in SB's - SB era (1966-2017):

1. Tom Brady 5-3

2. Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana tied for 2nd = 4-0

4. Troy Aikman 3-0 (behind the 3 above)

5. John Elway 2-3 (more appearances than Staubach and Peyton)

6. Roger Staubach and our Peyton Manning tied for 6th = 2-2

8. Bob Griese and Ben Roethlisberger tied for 8th = 2-1 (behind Staubach and Peyton because of appearances)

10. 3 tied in 10th = Bart Starr 2-0, Jim Plunkett 2-0. Eli Manning 2-0 

-These are the 12 QB's that have won 2 or more SB's. Our Peyton ranks tied for 6th on this list.

-Regarding Baseball, the Cubs are still #1 and Indians #2 regarding the 2016 World Series. Nothing will ever change that! :cheers:

-Just bored and having fun here. Good night everyone.

Are 11-1 and 6-4 really better than 6-0 and 5-0?  Is George Mikan the greatest center of all time???   ..and doesn't Peyton's 2-2 include 3 wins over Brady head-to-head?:thanks:

(Just messing with you, Its a good list)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Lebron is a great off the ball defender....coming over to block shots and make steals in the passing lanes. He is definitely fairly avg one on one defender. It takes too much energy for a man his size to play at both ends of the court especially the way he plays offense. He expends soo soo much energy on offense...especially with Kyrie gone now and no one else to run the offense through (unless they get Hood going) that he doesn't have the stamina to do it on both ends like Durant does. His size just doesn't allow for that any more. The same size and strength that allows him to drive and take hits and over power guys now slows him down on the defensive end...and carrying all that muscle wears out the legs. Its also why in the last few years he kinda runs out of steam at the end of games. If he keeps playing we will see it more and more. MJ retired before he really slowed down....Kobe got hit by injuries towards the end. Lebron won't be able to be a two way player any longer...his age and body are fighting against him. That is why I think teaming up with a Paul George and some younger guys that can play defense or get their own shot if he goes to the bench. Lebron shouldn't be playing 46 minutes a night...not sure even Michael played that many minutes...be interesting to see. Lebron doesn't get to sit anymore....and its evident he can't sustain those types of minutes any longer and not take plays off.

36 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Are 11-1 and 6-4 really better than 6-0 and 5-0?  Is George Mikan the greatest center of all time???   ..and doesn't Peyton's 2-2 include 3 wins over Brady head-to-head?:thanks:

(Just messing with you, Its a good list)

That list really isn't necessarily the best ever in order. I was just pointing out the greatest winners in each sport that were Elite Superstars and the QB's that have won 2 or more SB's. Wilt Chamberlain was better than Bill Russell and George Mikan IMO. It just seems many fans only care about who wins and loses.

54 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lebron has been the vain of the Pacers existence lately...I have no sympathy for the Cavs losing....that said I can't exactly jump on GS bandwagon either. That team has a ridiculous advantage....almost not fair. I am not a big CP3 fan either so I had a hard time this post season. Guess it was Boston after the Pacers were out. Not many likable teams in the NBA for me. Overall I really don't even care much for pro-basketball with all the crying and carrying the ball and standing around going 1 on 1. At least GS runs some motion...its pretty to watch when they get going....but most teams don't even try....boring basketball imo. GS and Houston were keeping it very exciting with those 3s though I will say that. If GS can finish this off (which they better or you would hear even more Lebron greatest ever with a 0-3 comeback) it actually legitimizes them as a true all time great team in the eyes of many. Until you win back to back its hard to say you were one of the all-time great teams. The Celtics a couple times, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Heat...and now GS will be the recent that have done it....then put 3 out 4 and you have something pretty special no matter what happens going forward. This team will remain great but I think we will see injuries and complacency get to them. I thought it started to happen against Houston. They just coast on their shooting too much sometimes...and if you stop doing the little things like diving on the floor and rebounding and tough defense that puts you over the top....shooting eventually will fail you...you will go cold....and before you know it you get beat.

Edit: Actually just realized the Spurs never won back to back championships....as great as they have been during the Duncan/Robinson, Duncan/Ginobli/Parker, Duncan/Leonard eras.....that's pretty remarkable....another reason the GS accomplishment now feels even bigger.

I was joking about buying a Durant jersey. I am not really on their bandwagon, I just like them better than I do LeBron. Had it not been for the Warriors, LeBron would be going for Championship #6 and 4 in a row. Imagine how the media would be if that was the case? Imagine how his fans would be? It would be unbearable. Heck he is about to be 3-6 in the Finals and a lot of the media still make excuses for him and have him 2nd best ever. His fans still think he is the GOAT.