Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Fortunately for the Cavs, Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love wont be suspended for the end-of-game 'rumble' Thursday night.

Unfortunately for the Cavs, JR Smith also was not suspended for Game 2

No word on whether Rodney Hood is even still on the team.

Thompson should have been. Flying arm shiver then smashing the ball in the face of Green. No room for that....and he got nothing for it...because he was already kicked out of the game.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, dgambill said:

Thompson should have been. Flying arm shiver then smashing the ball in the face of Green. No room for that....and he got nothing for it...because he was already kicked out of the game.

Maybe but that's hard  playoff basketball...……….Draymond got away with taunting so the refs can let all of it go  with a  fine

Game 2:   2 quarters 90-80  GSW ..game lacks life....

Durant 22 , LBJ 22....Love 20..Klay 20...  ..JaVelle 12..Tristan Thompson 11

Not that much defense on either side....especially LeBron...he's just plating a 1-man zone

Cavs are not  a good defensive team..GSW just isn't play that hard defensively.

You get no feeling Cleveland can rally..none at all

I'll make a better prediction...Victor Oladipo is going to end up in the movies.....very soon

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is looking Bad for the Cavs. Game 1 was a killer. Curry is on fire! Warriors up 111-93. This series is over now. They aint coming back from 0-2 against the Warriors.

Mark Jackson and Van Gundy sound so bored

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'll make a better prediction...Victor Oladipo is going to end up in the movies.....very soon

Mark Jackson and Van Gundy sound so bored

I kind of figured after Game 1 this would happen. LeBron hasn't even had a huge scoring night. Curry has 9 3's now LOL. Blowout city baby as Dicky V would say.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron did have 13 Assists which is Magic like. 29 Points for him isn't Great though. Curry had 33.

LeBron's got to score more that 29.....

..and the next time someone debates you that he's better than Jordon..

...bring up that ..Jordan would have gone out and taken on Steph Curry or Kevin Durant.

LBJ is only playing one end of the floor now

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Curry is going to win MVP like I predicted.

I see Oladipo coming out with an album, I really do lmao . He can sing!

Going way out on a limb/?..How about my prediction..

Oladipo and John Cena will star in ''The Peyton Manning Story'      co-starring Vic as Reggie Wayne

Edited by oldunclemark

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

LeBron's got to score more that 29.....

..and the next time someone debates you that he's better than Jordon..

...bring up that ..Jordan would have gone out and taken on Steph Curry or Kevin Durant.

LBJ is only playing one end of the floor now

13 Assists is pretty impressive though but I agree he needs to score around 40 for them to have a chance vs the Warriors. He had a Magic Johnson type game tonight, 29 and 13 so still solid but the Warriors are so Great it doesn't matter. Game 1 like I said was the killer. He had 51 and 8 - That was the Cavs chance.

• Thanks 1

Hey, how about..

Victor Oladipo, Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman star in … 'Unforgiven  II'!

The story of an NBA referee that misses an obvious goal tending call in Game 5 of a playoff series and spends the rest of his life fighting guilt and shame trying to clear his name.:thmup:

(Okay, I'll stop)

Edited by oldunclemark

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Love has 43 points and 23 rebounds in 2 games but they need more from him.

I know that what he does for LeBron is never seen as enough..

...but he needs to be in the 30-point range for them to beat GSW

The problem isn’t really on the offensive end...it’s defensively. They need to continue running Klay and Steph off the 3pt line. Rotations were horrible tonight. If they can keep the game around 100 they can win...110 no way. Lebron didn’t look 100% tonight...like he was sick or not feeling well....they need that 35-40 from him and 20 from Love...then the others to contribute 10-15. That said you can’t let McGee and Bell and Looney have gimmies around the basket. Your not likely to win 4 games out scoring or shooting GS...it’s going to take defense...diving for loose balls those 50-50 and kill them on the boards. Their home court should help...especially with officiating...back against wall now.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

The problem isn’t really on the offensive end...it’s defensively. They need to continue running Klay and Steph off the 3pt line. Rotations were horrible tonight. If they can keep the game around 100 they can win...110 no way. Lebron didn’t look 100% tonight...like he was sick or not feeling well....they need that 35-40 from him and 20 from Love...then the others to contribute 10-15. That said you can’t let McGee and Bell and Looney have gimmies around the basket. Your not likely to win 4 games out scoring or shooting GS...it’s going to take defense...diving for loose balls those 50-50 and kill them on the boards. Their home court should help...especially with officiating...back against wall now.

I think Game 1 zapped their energy. I didn't see the same energy on the Boards or from LeBron in Game 2. LeBron was deferring a lot tonight. Love IMO has had a Very Good series, not Great but has been a nice Robin Statistically.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Hey, how about..

Victor Oladipo, Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman star is … 'Unforgiven  II'!

The story of an NBA referee that misses an obvious goal tending call in Game 5 of a playoff series and spends the rest of his life fighting guilt and shame trying to clear him name.

(Okay, I'll stop)

Keep them coming, you are cracking me up. I cant even top your stuff. Insert Samual Jackson for Morgan Freeman but have Freeman narrating the story :funny:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Game 1 zapped their energy. I didn't see the same energy on the Boards or from LeBron in Game 2. LeBron was deferring a lot tonight. Love IMO has had a Very Good series, not Great but has been a nice Robin Statistically.

Yeah but there is no excuse for that. They had 3 days off between games. No reason not to have energy or lay it all out there or to not know your defensive rotation. Inexcusable honestly. I’ve supported Lebron especially after Game 1 but that team takes on his mentality...they feed off him. He has to be aggressive and bring it. He didn’t tonight...even when the game got close I didn’t see it tonight. He looked sick or something...and his energy wasn’t there and you saw the rest of the team respond in kind. I know it will be different game 3 but you can’t give any games away. Got to fight for 7 games if that is what it takes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah but there is no excuse for that. They had 3 days off between games. No reason not to have energy or lay it all out there or to not know your defensive rotation. Inexcusable honestly. I’ve supported Lebron especially after Game 1 but that team takes on his mentality...they feed off him. He has to be aggressive and bring it. He didn’t tonight...even when the game got close I didn’t see it tonight. He looked sick or something...and his energy wasn’t there and you saw the rest of the team respond in kind. I know it will be different game 3 but you can’t give any games away. Got to fight for 7 games if that is what it takes.

Yeah being down 0-2 looks bad. I think losing Game 1 zapped them mentally as well. I know it shouldn't as they are all Pro's but I have never seen LeBron so upset about a loss in his career. Against the Warriors you cant let games get away like that. I remember when the Lakers lost Game 2 at Boston in 1984 (the Magic screw up), I knew right then and there the Lakers would lose the series. I knew Boston could split in LA is why. You just cant give away games in the Finals when you are playing all-time great teams. Cavs did that in Game 1, they wasted perhaps the greatest performance in a Finals game ever by LeBron. Sad!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Keep them coming, you are cracking me up. I cant even top your stuff. Insert Samual Jackson for Morgan Freeman but have Freeman narrating the story :funny:

How about Vic, Daniel Craig,  Reggie Miller and Scarlett Johansson star in.....the latest James Bond thriller....'the Oracle'

......a hot new Bond takes over from his older mentor (who wanted to give up the role anyway), teams up with a sexy Russian spy and an old retired gunner and heads to the west coast to try to save the basketball world from total domination.....!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

How about Vic, Daniel Craig, Domantas Reggie Miller and Scarlett Johansson star in.....the latest James Bond thriller....'the Oracle'

......a hot new Bond takes over from his older mentor (who wanted to give up the role anyway), teams up with a sexy Russian spy and an old retired gunner and heads to the west coast to try to save the basketball world from total domination.....!!!

Anything with Scarlett Johansson in it has me. She is the best looking woman on the planet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

and defense is where the Cavs are not good...

Cavs badly need Kevin Love on the floor but they switch and get him  guarding Steph....

...and he's just not able

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron will be in Houston next season is my prediction. I don't know how Houston will do it yet but I bet they find a way. LeBron with Harden/CP3/Capela will be the team to beat if it happens.

I sound like dg...but LeBron would have to play for the minimum salary and he's not going to do that..

(actually I think its possible because Chris Paul is technically unsigned right now)

(By the way..the number is 5....Phil Mickelson has won 5 majors.

Only 3 golfers have won more than 10.....Arnold Palmer 'only' won 7

• Like 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I sound like dg...but LeBron would have to play for the minimum salary and he's not going to do that..

(actually I think its possible because Chris Paul is technically unsigned right now)

(By the way..the number is 5....Phil Mickelson has won 5 majors.

Only 3 golfers have won more than 10.....Arnold Palmer 'only' won 7

I was close, I was thinking 6 or 7. He lost in the US Open a lot by finishing 2nd is why he doesn't have more. I looked it up. Capela is a Free Agent as well.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was close, I was thinking 6 or 7. He lost in the US Open a lot by finishing 2nd is why he doesn't have more. I looked it up. Capela is a Free Agent as well.

Yeah..so they can possibly sign LBJ and then resign Capela and Chris Paul….if they are okay with the cap.

I think the contract of Ryan Anderson $20 mil for 2 more years is real handcuffing him.

Nobody will take that ;paper for 2 more years...maybe one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say Houston says adios to CP3 and signs LeBron instead and re-signs Capela. LeBron = upgrade over CP3. That is possible because CP3 has a huge contract.

..and because CP3 gets hurt a lot...LBJ does not..

..but I think they want to play together..they never have...

They need to find a way to get Ryan Anderson off the payroll....

...or deal him for combinations of players like Al Jefferson who they can then pay off and release

(but nobody wants Anderson at $20 mil)..I'd love him at $10 mil....just not $20

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not the smartest person in the world when it comes to the Salary Cap. I see teams going way over it and other teams scared too. I am better with history type stuff and rankings and predictions LOL. DG and Bluefire understand the Salary Cap much better than me.

Agreed...I don't ever want to say that 'team X' cannot possibly take on 'player 'X'

...because they have a guy who sits in an office making a lot of money whose job its is to figure out a way to legally get 'player X' on the payroll...

It is likely that Houston can fit LBJ, Harden, Capela and Paul all in if they really want to...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Houston may want to stay pat and just re-sign CP3 and Capela. They may feel like they would've beat the Warriors had CP3 been healthy. I think LeBron will either stay in Cleveland or try and go there. I cant see him in Philly. That would make Ben Simmons useless.

I agree.,.the LBJ to Philly rumor doesn't make sense...

..and if Lebron goes to Houston....he cant be the guy we're watching now who has the ball all the time.

Do you really want LeBron if he's going to be a true wing?

LeBron's best option may be to stay in Cleveland and bring in a free agent like PG or Cousins

Cavs have worked around the CAP before

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Agreed...I don't ever want to say that 'team X' cannot possibly take on 'player 'X'

...because they have a guy who sits in an office making a lot of money whose job its is to figure out a way to legally get 'player X' on the payroll...

It is likely that Houston can fit LBJ, Harden, Capela and Paul all in if they really want to...

If they somehow can dump Anderson's contract that would be huge. Trade him for a BigMac and Fries haha. He was actually a Good player a couple of years ago, I doubt anyone would his contract now??

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they somehow can dump Anderson's contract that would be huge. Trade him for a BigMac and Fries haha. He was actually a Good player a couple of years ago, I doubt anyone would his contract now??

Anderson is just 30....

He probably would like to get out of the second half (hes already cashed two  $20 mil checks in a 4-year deal) his $20 mil contract and go where he can play....

He cant play defense but he can shoot and he isn't Joakim Noah..he actually is physically healthy

I wish we had two Al Jeffersons (he makes $10 mil) to trade them for Anderson...

One reason why I think LeBron will end up in Houston is, I just have a hard time believing the league will allow him to win only 3 Titles when Jordan has 6 and Magic has 5. He is too big of a name and face to keep losing in the Finals every year. Yeah it's conspiracy talk but just a feeling I have. It is a bad look when your best player keeps losing every year. I remember I was at a SB party when the Pats and Seahawks played. I was telling everyone at the party when the Pats were down big that they would still win. I was saying that because it was Brady who hadn't won a SB in 10 years and had lost 2 in a row to the Giants. People thought I was on something. Then look at what happened, fluke INT at the end LOL. I just get feelings like this because of watching sports for 40 years. I guarantee that LeBron will win another Championship before he retires so the GOAT talk will continue.