Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Pacers coach has a lot of interesting things to say about the last two games.

I didn't feel like that as much vs the Mavs but tonight I agree You only need to look at our work on the glass to see we were outworked 

After watching the Cavs tonight they look like a team that has 0 chance to win a Title. I was amazed at how many people especially on ESPN that were saying the Cavs were back after the trade. Even with Kevin Love they would get squashed like a bug playing the Warriors or Rockets.

-LeBron going to Rockets next season, book it.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After watching the Cavs tonight they look like a team that has 0 chance to win a Title. I was amazed at how many people especially on ESPN that were saying the Cavs were back after the trade. Even with Kevin Love they would get squashed like a bug playing the Warriors or Rockets.

-LeBron going to Rockets next season, book it.

I think Philly.

It won't be easy for Rockets/James to pull off that because of their salary cap situation. Not having a first rounder. doesn't help either.

13 hours ago, Finball said:

I think Philly.

It won't be easy for Rockets/James to pull off that because of their salary cap situation. Not having a first rounder. doesn't help either.

Folks..LBJ isn't going to Philadelphia..

LeBron and Ben Simmons both have to have the ball.

Simmons cant play without the ball in his hands.. He's isn't a wing shooter..

..and Simmons cant go into the post (like he does a lot now) to make room for LeBron because Embid is there

It does not work.

.....a month ago,. LBJ was going to Golden State.. Then it was Houston.

Now its Philadelphia.   Next week he'll be going back to Miami to play with D-Wade

I predict LeBron BUYS the Cavaliers from Dan Gilbert and becomes the NBA's first player-owner!!!!

Held on to win  103-96..Bogdonavic 4-for-4 from the line late.

Pacers (35-27) stay ahead of Philadelphia (34-27) and they will be 1/2 game behind the Wiz (36-27)

..and I know the question:

How can the same team that loses to Dallas (19-44) and Atlanta (19-44), win at Milwaukee  (33-29) in the same week.??

Edited by oldunclemark

I think we all can breathe a sigh of relief now at least for a day. The roof isn't caving in. Huge win tonight and much needed. By the way the Pistons and Hornets both loss as well. We are now 35-27, Pistons are 29-33 (6 back of us in 9th) Hornets are 28-35 (7.5 back of us in 10th). Now way we don't at least make the Playoffs unless Dipo gets injured. I stand by what I have been saying, I give us a 90% chance of getting in. The Pistons nor the Hornets are any good. The Pacers are actually Good, they will lose some they shouldn't but also win some they shouldn't. Lance had a Great night off the bench!

That was a good win and one we needed. We got back to winning on the glass 49-43. Our foul shooting wasn't terrible at 77% and we can deal 13 turnovers. Ideally we improve on both those numbers going forward It was a team win. All five starters and Lance hit double digits scoring.

We still gave up 14 offensive rebounds way too many. I'm sure some of the offensive boards can be attributed to Domas being in foul trouble again last night. Either way we need to figure it out. That guy gets no calls and picks up some very suspect ones. I wish that would get figured out. We need Sabonis playing not watching. 

We play @ Washington Sunday. The first of 3 remaining games. We lost to them in the closing minutes in Indy. That was without Dipo. I like our chances Sunday w/Vic. 

The Wiz have lost 2 in a row at home. Maybe they are finally coming back to earth from the crazy run they went on after Walls injury. Their remaining schedule is tough maybe tougher then ours.

These games are huge for playoff seeding. Head to head is the first tie breaker. We are now 2-1 vs the Bucks. If we get them Monday at home we  own the tie breaker. Both teams will be playing the second game of a back to back. 

I think we finish in front of the Wiz and the Bucks. Philly is the team I'll be keeping an eye on. If Embid can stay on the floor they could do some things. They play 5 of their next 6 on the road beginning Sunday at Milwaukee. 

How they get through those road games will decide if they are going to be a player for the 4th seed. Their lone home game in that run is vs us on the 13th. The winner owns the tie breaker. It should be a fun six weeks or so as the seeding plays Itself out. 

• Like 1

People also have to realize we have been without Collison which is an important loss. He has had some big games this season. I still have us around 43/44 wins and probably a 7 Seed - I only say that because our schedule is brutal down the stretch. I would love to get the 4 Seed though and have HCA in Round 1. IMO I thought the Bucks would be better this season record wise - they are underachieving with Greek Freak and Parker now back. I figured Philly would automatically be Good with that beast they have at Center + Ben Simmons. Last night was a very solid win, Bucks actually suited up 9 guys not 8 to Mark and all of their key players in Greek, Parker, Bledsoe, and Middleton. Tough road win in reality. I thought Dipo hit a couple of huge shots down the stretch too. Dipo still had 21 on 9-19 of shooting so he put a few dents in that wall tonight.

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People also have to realize we have been without Collison which is an important loss. He has had some big games this season. I still have us around 43/44 wins and probably a 7 Seed - I only say that because our schedule is brutal down the stretch. I would love to get the 4 Seed though and have HCA in Round 1. IMO I thought the Bucks would be better this season record wise - they are underachieving with Greek Freak and Parker now back. I figured Philly would automatically be Good with that beast they have at Center + Ben Simmons. Last night was a very solid win, Bucks actually suited up 9 guys not 8 to Mark and all of their key players in Greek, Parker, Bledsoe, and Middleton. Tough road win in reality. I thought Dipo hit a couple of huge shots down the stretch too. Dipo still had 21 on 9-19 of shooting so he put a few dents in that wall tonight.

I thought Bledsoe would really help the Bucks They are hard to figure out The Wiz have a tough schedule to close too. I think we get the 4/5 seed. Any word on DC's return? 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think everybody who watches us understands that Collison's loss puts our playoff life in jeapordy... He's the reason we don't turn the ball over much.

The Bucks were shorthanded, too.  CBE.  WE don't have to pretend we beat them at full strength.

Thon Maker, a starter, played 4 minutes...2 othersplayed 12. The Bucks only went with basically 6 players.  Malcom Brognan ( a starter) is out indefinetly. Tony Snell,. Mathew Dellavendova..(both out) are regular players for them.

They did not have "All their key players'  and I hope they don't for at  least 3 more days. 

Monday is a very good time to be playing Milwaukee again.  

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think everybody who watches us understands that Collison's loss puts our playoff life in jeapordy... He's the reason we don't turn the ball over much.

The Bucks were shorthanded, too.  CBE.  WE don't have to pretend we beat them at full strength.

Thon Maker, a starter, played 4 minutes...2 othersplayed 12. The Bucks only went with basically 6 players.  Malcom Brognan ( a starter) is out indefinetly. Tony Snell,. Mathew Dellavendova..(both out) are regular players for them.

They did not have "All their key players'  and I hope they don't for at  least 3 more days. 

Monday is a very good time to be playing Milwaukee again.  

They still had their 4 best players and were at home. That was a game that Bucks fans would say they should've won. We didn't have Collison. I thought it was a Great win actually.

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

I thought Bledsoe would really help the Bucks They are hard to figure out The Wiz have a tough schedule to close too. I think we get the 4/5 seed. Any word on DC's return? 

I am surprised Bledsoe doesn't help them more, either. But he's not a true lead guard. to me. In key moments, the Bucks have a guy (Giannis) with the ball who cant shoot beyond 15 feet. So does Philadelphia with Ben Simmons

Nothing about Collison except that he's out indefinetly....We're beyond the 3 weeks of time that was suggested when he got hurt.  We have 3 home games in a row..and I hope he's ready to play when we hit the road again. It was good to see Cory Joseph show a little something shooting the ball because he and Victor had been in a major shooting slumps.

We still have 2 with Washington (36-27) 2 with Toronto, 2 with Golden State (49-14) ..at Boston (44-19) and at Denver (34-28)

We're not 'in' yet

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They still had their 4 best players and were at home. That was a game that Bucks fans would say they should've won. We didn't have Collison. I thought it was a Great win actually.

Malcolm Brognan was rookie of the year last year..(he's out till April) so the Bucks did not have their best 4 available.  And Von Maker played 4 minutes. He wasnt okay.

You need many more than 4...and they basically went with 6.

What fans say? I said we'd win at Dallas and Atlanta. Shows what fans like me know.

Of course, Friday was a great win even if the Bucks were very much shorthanded . The two points are not mutually exclusive. To win on the road without your lead guard when you are fighting to make the playoffs is a great win...

We have 20 games left and I agree we need 8 wins to get in.

Keeping this week in mind, do you see 8 games left where you would say 'we should win'?

Edited by oldunclemark

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Malcolm Brognan was rookie of the year last year..(he's out till April) so the Bucks did not have their best 4 available.  And Von Maker played 4 minutes. He wasnt okay.

You need many more than 4...and they basically went with 6.

What fans say? I said we'd win at Dallas and Atlanta. Shows what fans like me know.

Of course, Friday was a great win even if the Bucks were very much shorthanded . The two points are not mutually exclusive. To win on the road without your lead guard when you are fighting to make the playoffs is a great win...

We have 20 games left and I agree we need 8 wins to get in.

Keeping this week in mind, do you see 8 games left where you would say 'we should win'?

Yes we will win at least 8 more games IMO. Probably will even steal one from Toronto. We can hang with Toronto. All we have to do is go 8-12 to win 43.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes we will win at least 8 more games IMO. Probably will even steal one from Toronto. We can hang with Toronto. All we have to do is go 8-12 to win 43.

I agree with the 43 number..but which 8?   I thought Atlanta was a sure thing. Even more so than Dallas.

I just want to know so I can watch Tiger's comeback and the Cubs pre-season this month and not even worry about the Pacers..

Edited by oldunclemark

I agree with the 43 number..but which 8?   I thought Atlanta was a sure thing. Even more so than Dallas.

We could beat Washington tomorrow? But the 8 games we definitely could win are vs the Jazz here, Lakers here, Clippers here, Bucks here, Hawks here, Heat here, Kings here, Hornets here. Lets say we lose even 2 of those 8, we could still beat the Raptors once here at home for example or beat Washington once - we play them twice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could beat Washington tomorrow? But the 8 games we definitely could win are vs the Jazz here, Lakers here, Clippers here, Bucks here, Hawks here, Heat here, Kings here, Hornets here. Lets say we lose even 2 of those 8, we could still beat the Raptors once here at home for example or beat Washington once - we play them twice.

If we win the 8 home games you lay out here, we should be in

That's our 'firewall'..and we now win a tie with Milwaukee if it comes to that

I'm not concerned (right now) with who we play because its not predictable and, unless we're Top-4, of relative merit.

We might be better finishing 7th and facing Boston than finishing 6th and facing Cleveland or 5th and facing Washington...

Its funny, I have bemoaned the lack of attention for the Pacers but if we face Cleveland in the East quarterfinals, suddenly we'll be the subject of discussion for everyone in the 'NBA nation' for 2 weeks

Edited by oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If we win the 8 home games you lay out here, we should be in

That's our 'firewall'..and we win a tie with Milwaukee if it comes to that

I'm not concerned (right now) with who we play because its not predictable and, unless we're Top-4, of relative merit.

We might be better finishing 7th and facing Boston than finishing 6th and facing Cleveland or 5th and facing Washington...

Its funny, I have bemoaned the lack of attention for the Pacers but if we face Cleveland in the East quarterfinals, suddenly we'll be the subject of discussion for everyone in the 'NBA nation' for 2 weeks

I really don't think the Cavs will make it back to the Finals but that is a team we don't want in Round 1 because of LeBron and the REFS. I am ok with playing anyone else in Round 1.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't think the Cavs will make it back to the Finals but that is a team we don't want in Round 1 because of LeBron and the REFS. I am ok with playing anyone else in Round 1.

I dont see a good matchup with Toronto.......we used to have the defensive stopper for DeRozen and he's in OKC now.

Our bench can match then when Collison returns and sends Cory J. to the bench. But they seem very confident.

We match up with Boston because they don't have a lot of power inside to overwhelm our center and they are younger than we are.

Not sure about Washington once they get Wall back. How will it affect them.

But, you're right. The Cavs have LBJ and they'll slow us down and make us defend LeBron for 45 minutes,

.and when they play George Hill with JR. Tristan Thompson with Love and LBJ, that's a lot of playoff experience there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont see a good matchup with Toronto.......we used to have the defensive stopper for DeRozen and he's in OKC now.

Our bench can match then when Collison returns and sends Cory J. to the bench. But they seem very confident.

We match up with Boston because they don't have a lot of power inside to overwhelm our center and they are younger than we are.

Not sure about Washington once they get Wall back. How will it affect them.

But, you're right. The Cavs have LBJ and they'll slow us down and make us defend LeBron for 45 minutes,

.and when they play George Hill with JR. Tristan Thompson with Love and LBJ, that's a lot of playoff experience there

I am starting to think that Boston would be a favorable matchup as well. They play Great D and have the beautiful Bradly Stevens as their HC but they go into funks on Offense. Their Big's aren't overpowering either which would definitely help us inside.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks..LBJ isn't going to Philadelphia..

LeBron and Ben Simmons both have to have the ball.

Simmons cant play without the ball in his hands.. He's isn't a wing shooter..

..and Simmons cant go into the post (like he does a lot now) to make room for LeBron because Embid is there

It does not work.

.....a month ago,. LBJ was going to Golden State.. Then it was Houston.

Now its Philadelphia.   Next week he'll be going back to Miami to play with D-Wade

I predict LeBron BUYS the Cavaliers from Dan Gilbert and becomes the NBA's first player-owner!!!!

Philly does have the highest upside though, with Embiid, Simmons and the boatload of picks that they have. Getting to stay in the East is a nice advantage too.  I agree that the fit with Simmons is far from ideal and Embiid has relatively serious injury concerns.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Philly does have the highest upside though, with Embiid, Simmons and the boatload of picks that they have. Getting to stay in the East is a nice advantage too.  I agree that the fit with Simmons is far from ideal and Embiid has relatively serious injury concerns.

In the interest of full disclusure, I didn't think James Harden and Chris Paul could play effectively together, either and Houston has the best record in the NBA

• Like 1

In the interest of full disclusure, I didn't think James Harden and Chris Paul could play effectively together, either and Houston has the best record in the NBA

I didn't either. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong lmao. I thought the Pacers were a 35 win team when the season started and they have 35 already haha. I guess Dipo said - don't worry I got this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't either. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong lmao. I thought the Pacers were a 35 win team when the season started and they have 35 already haha. I guess Dipo said - don't worry I got this!

Dipo looks gassed..im worried

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Dipo looks gassed..im worried

I have noticed that, too. Since the all-star break, he hasn't been the same.

Shooting something like 35% ..

...In truth, he didnt get much of an all-star break...

..Hopefully, he'll bet a little lift being at home all week.

Another Cleveland loss...we're just 1 /12 behind them..and they lose Jeff Green for 2 weeks

Edited by oldunclemark

39 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston is outplaying Houston and the Rockets are throwing in just enough 3s to stay with them.  

19 3s...Its not good basketball but it works for them

It is good basketball when you have the players to accomplish it. They are winning more than any other team in the league.

They play smart basketball. They usually take 3 pointers and layups. They rarely take mid range shots that are worth as much as a layup. 3>2.

44 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

It is good basketball when you have the players to accomplish it. They are winning more than any other team in the league.

They play smart basketball. They usually take 3 pointers and layups. They rarely take mid range shots that are worth as much as a layup. 3>2.

Its good basketball when its winning basketball, is what you're saying.

You do what you have to do to win.

............................... but its not the way the game should be played, to me.

I don't like 40 3-poiners a game.  GSW does it, too..  Just not watchable

By the way..Damien Wilkins has averagaed 28 points a game in his last six G-league games...

Is there a chance we can resign him?    We have a guy on a 10-day contract who we haven't used.

Edited by oldunclemark