Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah Nate McMillan said that they will look to bring him back after the all-star break, and there would be two practices before we play that will be key in determining if Glenn is ready to go.

My expectation since his surgery happened was that he would return for the game after the all-star break. He had a 3-4 month timetable and February 13th was 4 months after the surgery so I figured they'd just wait until after the break.

Looks like you were right.....and I hope he shows he's 100%  .....because we have 3 very winnable games to start the final 1/3 of the season.. and we are obviously shorthanded without Darren Collison.

If we can get to 11-over. 500....we can stand the 'schedule storm' that is coming

Edited by oldunclemark

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I missed it, looks like I was lucky.

Lol. Are you referring to the game or Fergie's rendition of the National Anthem? The reaction of some of the players and other folks to Fergie's singing was priceless. 

I did not see it live but I saw a clip of it. It was embarrassing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/965400264680275968/video/1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Are you referring to the game or Fergie's rendition of the National Anthem? The reaction of some of the players and other folks to Fergie's singing was priceless. 

I did not see it live but I saw a clip of it. It was embarrassing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/965400264680275968/video/1

Yeah I missed the National Anthem, that was pretty bad. They should've had Victor sing it.

• Thanks 1

NBA-TV has a series where they sit two past players down in front of the cameras and have them talk to each other for an hour.

If you're old like me its very good.

The one with Kevin McHale and Larry Bird is very good.

The one with Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal is very funny.

if you can find when they're on, they are very much worth watching

21 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Did Jimmy Butler ask to sit out the all-star game because he was tired?

Why didn't he say so last week so somebody else could play?

I like Jimmy.. that's a little disappointing.

Yes sir, thats a little weird. The broadcasters said he was "under the weather" but he just wanted to extra rest. 

Pacers sign Trey McKinney Jones to a 10-day contract...

..a 6-foot-5 guard....a '2' or '3'...not a scorer, a 'defensive stopper'...from the G-league

He has played in the summer league, the G-league, in France and in Israel but never in the NBA, not one game.....27 years old

Interesting. Anybody ever see him play?

Edited by oldunclemark

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading that Glenn Robinson practiced Wednesday and will make his season debut Friday night against Atlanta...

That's what I read too Nate said he looks like he did this summer. He should help the team in numerous ways I'm excited to see him out there. 

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Crap! I was really banking on the Cavs beating the Wizards tonight. And it looked like the Bulls had the 76ers beat. Neither ended up happening.

The Cavs still don't play Good Defense. The Wizards shredded them without Wall putting up 110. Also too much LeBron going ISO at the end. Nance cant shoot like I said, he hit the side of the backboard on one of his 3's. I am not really worried about where we end up as long as we make the Top 8.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cavs still don't play Good Defense. The Wizards shredded them without Wall putting up 110. Also too much LeBron going ISO at the end. Nance cant shoot like I said, he hit the side of the backboard on one of his 3's. I am not really worried about where we end up as long as we make the Top 8.

I miss the Pacers, ready for the final stretch..This team is gonna make some noise and surprise many come playoff time..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, whoever we draw will be in for a war in Round 1. I think we can take anyone 7 in the East. The East is wide open more than ever.

Only team i fear in east is Detroit for some reason...I think anyone else we can beat or go 7 games with..

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, oldunclemark said:

Pacers sign Trey McKinney Jones to a 10-day contract...

..a 6-foot-5 guard....a '2' or '3'...not a scorer, a 'defensive stopper'...from the G-league

He has played in the summer league, the G-league, in France and in Israel but never in the NBA, not one game.....27 years old

Interesting. Anybody ever see him play?

I just watched what little tape there is on him and he seems pretty nifty. Got some speed so maybe he can show a little if he gets the chance.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They may? Depends on how the Heat play because I think Philly and Milwaukee will get in, I think we do too. That means in order for Detroit to get in, Heat have to miss.

I think pistons will get in..Too good not too..Miami doesn't impress me

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That could happen, I wonder who will finish 1 and 2? I think it will either be Raptors or Celts. Whoever finishes 8th plays 1, 7th plays 2.

Lol..i know..i think we may end up 6 face cavs itll be fun...i would rather finish 5 or 7 to be honest..Refs won't let us beat Cavs rd 1..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The schedule is about to get very tough. I could easily see us being out of the playoffs entirely if we don't handle business. 

Imagine adding someone like Gordon. Young, like our current core. Only problem is that we have a lot of good PFs and I don't know if he can play SF. If he can, great. I think the Pacers are only a few years away. Add a good PG and a 3 and D SF along with some depth along the bench and I think the Pacers can compete.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Imagine adding someone like Gordon. Young, like our current core. Only problem is that we have a lot of good PFs and I don't know if he can play SF. If he can, great. I think the Pacers are only a few years away. Add a good PG and a 3 and D SF along with some depth along the bench and I think the Pacers can compete.

Gordon would be a nice addition depth wise but he isn't a Great player. Having said that he is a chemistry player with talent, so I wouldn't mind him here.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gordon would be a nice addition depth wise but he isn't a Great player. Having said that he is a chemistry player with talent, so I wouldn't mind him here.

Gordon is a great player at PF, which is where he is now. The problem is that the Pacers have a ton of talent at PF. What the pacers need most is a SF and PG, like Mario Hezonja. I think adding Hezonja and drafting a PG or signing one in FA can boost the core.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He can play small forward, seems like that would actually be better position for him..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

The schedule is about to get very tough. I could easily see us being out of the playoffs entirely if we don't handle business. 

We will win our share of games against tough competition...Except Golden State, they'll beat us by 30 as usual..

21 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Crap! I was really banking on the Cavs beating the Wizards tonight. And it looked like the Bulls had the 76ers beat. Neither ended up happening.

I was thinking the same way...I counted Washington at Cleveland as a loss for Washington.
Best case scenario..we're '4' and Washington is '5' but not if they keep winning on the road

Washington is losing to Charlotte tonight....I hope they get it done this time

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Out of the playoffs? I don't think so. I see us finishing in the 4th or 5th seed.

I think we'll be able to hold on, but I don't think it is a lock.

We play the Raptors, Wizards, Bucks, and Golden State twice. We also play the 76ers, Celtics, Heat, Nuggets, and Jazz (playing very well right now) in these last 24 games. I think these are all toss ups. 

I still think we end up in the 7th seed. I'm just hoping the other Eastern Conference teams we are battling with lose as much as possible.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We play the Raptors, Wizards, Bucks, and Golden State twice. We also play the 76ers, Celtics, Heat, Nuggets, and Jazz (playing very well right now) in these last 24 games. I think these are all toss ups. 

I still think we end up in the 7th seed. I'm just hoping the other Eastern Conference teams we are battling with lose as much as possible.

I think this team is better than you want to give them credit for. Robinson coming back will make them better too.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I hear you.....we very much need the first 3 games out of the break to get to 36-25.....

The last 20 games is a hard core stretch...we need Collison back as soon as he can get out there