Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

51 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lemon Jr. from Mad Ants is a guy we should sign...Dude score in bunches..Outplayed Robinson 111 by a mile...Robinson will do nothing for us this year ...Not sure he will ever be the same after injury..

Lemon Jr. is not good enough of a shooter yet to be a part of our rotation this year. Half of his points come from blowing past people and finishing at the rim which will not happen in the NBA.

Glenn Robinson III is coming off of a serious injury and hadn't played basketball in 8 months. He only played a couple games. We've seen what he can do in the NBA and he will be fine.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Lemon Jr. is not good enough of a shooter yet to be a part of our rotation this year. Half of his points come from blowing past people and finishing at the rim which will not happen in the NBA.

Glenn Robinson III is coming off of a serious injury and hadn't played basketball in 8 months. He only played a couple games. We've seen what he can do in the NBA and he will be fine.

Not this year..

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

By that standard Robinson should have scored 40+ in those 2 games..Lemon Jr can play..

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

He scores,  all i care about, regardless of how..He is an NBA player..

57 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

By that standard Robinson should have scored 40+ in those 2 games..Lemon Jr can play..

48 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He scores,  all i care about, regardless of how..He is an NBA player..

He's not scoring on NBA-level point guards. I'm convinced you don't watch the games and you are just looking at stats. Lemon Jr. gets like 5-8 dunks a game. He's not blowing past people and dunking on the big men in this game today.

He is a good player. He may make the Pacers roster next year. But just like Alex Poythress who dominated in the G league last year, he will not be in the rotation. 

Glenn Robinson isn't the guy who scores 25 points a game. He plays good defense on an NBA level and will hit threes. GR3 will be back and will help us a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Take this as you will:

not the first time hes said something to this effect(or is it affect? can never keep that straight)

vic is great but i highly doubt he would have said this before that trade went down 

i think he just wants to feel like he didnt screw over the pacers, and he doesnt want that to be his legacy here either.  i guess it worked out for everyone 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's not scoring on NBA-level point guards. I'm convinced you don't watch the games and you are just looking at stats. Lemon Jr. gets like 5-8 dunks a game. He's not blowing past people and dunking on the big men in this game today.

He is a good player. He may make the Pacers roster next year. But just like Alex Poythress who dominated in the G league last year, he will not be in the rotation. 

Glenn Robinson isn't the guy who scores 25 points a game. He plays good defense on an NBA level and will hit threes. GR3 will be back and will help us a lot.

GR 111 ain't GR111 anymore..guaranteed contract doesn't change that

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

:scratch:''''''''''''''''''GR111 is only 24 years old. His injury was not a career ending injury.

No but it was a bad one when you depend on athleticism as a big part of your game...It will take a while before he is back to his old self if ever again....

15 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Oladipo may have made the finals if he made his first dunk, but he's out of the contest now.

Didn't love his second dunk. The judges were awful last night. Handing out 50's like it was free candy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Bluefire4 said:

There is a Sunday newspaper article up here (in NW Indiana...he played at Lake Central) which says that Glenn will rejoin the Pacers after the all-star break and that he's ready to play.

Take if for what its worth but It sounds promising..

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, MTC said:

Take this as you will:

I'd make him an offer in the off-season. Seriously.

He is exactly what we need.....a '3' who can score 20 and 'D' up forwards

A lineup of Myles Turner, Thad Young, Paul George, Victor and Darren Collison would leave a bench of

Lance, Cory Joseph,  Sabonis,  and  Glenn Robinson

We might have to let Bogdonacivh and Big Al go to come up with the $25 mil but I'd do it in a second.

Its far-fetched but that comment is almost as if he's sending a signal

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

No but it was a bad one when you depend on athleticism as a big part of your game...It will take a while before he is back to his old self if ever again....

I know what youre saying and his recovery has been slow...

..But nobody is saying he's unable to return yet.....and there's motivation because we do need him

We only need 15-20 minutes a night from him

Edited by oldunclemark

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A lineup of Myles Turner, Thad Young, Paul George, Victor and Darren Collison would leave a bench of

We might have to let Bogdonacivh and Big Al go to come up with the $25 mil but I'd do it in a second.

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be really interesting if he considers coming back.  However, I think his ego would get in the way.  Paul is more of a me-first type of player and wants the focus on him.  He wants to be in the spotlight.  With how well Oladipo is playing, he's earned the right to be the face of the franchise in Indy.  Paul would want it back, but I think the fans are more endearing to Oladipo, so I don't know how happy he would be about it.

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I know what youre saying and his recovery has been slow...

..But nobody is saying he's unable to return......and there's motivation because we do need him

We only need 15-20 minutes a night from him

He just doesn't look the same to me..O think by next season hopefully he gets that bounce back, or maybe he has just been laying off the gas being careful in the few rehab games i watched him play...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be really interesting if he considers coming back.  However, I think his ego would get in the way.  Paul is more of a me-first type of player and wants the focus on him.  He wants to be in the spotlight.  With how well Oladipo is playing, he's earned the right to be the face of the franchise in Indy.  Paul would want it back, but I think the fans are more endearing to Oladipo, so I don't know how happy he would be about it.

You are probably right....It would have to be handled sensitively by both. 

Paul isnt going to be as popular here as Victor..

The only way it happens if Oladipo picks up on this quote and talks to PG.

Paul said he wants to eventually play in LA....But maybe he could be convinced to put that wish away for 2 years to:

1.) Try to win with us.and

2.) To let the Lakers get better before he opts out of his Indy max-deal and goes west.

Yeah, I know its far-fetched

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He just doesn't look the same to me..O think by next season hopefully he gets that bounce back, or maybe he has just been laying off the gas being careful in the few rehab games i watched him play...

He is a high-flier and an athletic defender and its exactly that kind of player who cant afford to lose any quickness and elevation..

I hear you.   If he isn't ready after the all-star break and he practice time we have this week,,....we might want to not push him into action because we don't get much practice time the rest of the year

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

i dont put much weight into that comment, if he really meant it he should sign here then 

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

1. I watched both of the G league games that he played in and did not see a lack of bounce at all. He just didn't shoot too well which is understandable after missing 4 months.

2. Even if he was being careful, you can't blame him. He's missed two months and only played 2 games. You see how Isaiah Thomas is playing after his injury. When PG came back from his knee injury for the last six games of that season, he didn't look like himself. It takes some time to get your legs back under you after an injury that severe.

That is why he played in the G league in the first place. So that when he gets back to real NBA action, he will actually be ready. You can't judge a person after two games.

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There is a Sunday newspaper article up here (in NW Indiana...he played at Lake Central) which says that Glenn will rejoin the Pacers after the all-star break and that he's ready to play.

Take if for what its worth but It sounds promising..

Yeah Nate McMillan said that they will look to bring him back after the all-star break, and there would be two practices before we play that will be key in determining if Glenn is ready to go.

My expectation since his surgery happened was that he would return for the game after the all-star break. He had a 3-4 month timetable and February 13th was 4 months after the surgery so I figured they'd just wait until after the break.

Whenever he is ready it will be a welcome addition. 

• Like 1

The entertainment was garbage, the game was excellent for all star game standards. A lot of effort.

Had to know that Team Steph would blow it in the end since it had two Raptors on the team.

I did get what I wanted though, that one special little fan girl moment.

I think a lot of the guys looked like they had a blast. I think some were hungover. lmao 

Lebron MVP, not a shocker. He really looked like he wanted to win this one badly and was on fire at times.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jules said:

The entertainment was garbage, the game was excellent for all star game standards. A lot of effort.

Had to know that Team Steph would blow it in the end since it had two Raptors on the team.

I did get what I wanted though, that one special little fan girl moment.

I think a lot of the guys looked like they had a blast. I think some were hungover. lmao 

Lebron MVP, not a shocker. He really looked like he wanted to win this one badly and was on fire at times.

IT couldn't carry Irving's jock strap.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IT couldn't carry Irving's jock strap.

I feel so sorry for him at times too if you want me to be real. What HAPPENED.O.o I mean really? I can't say it's completely the injury but maybe it is a bit. IT should have sat out the year and had hip surgery but he wants the money. And he is losing money all the time.

I had a hunch he might not fit in Cleveland, since they won't adapt to you there. You have to adapt to what Lebron wants to do. In Boston they had it all molded out under Stevens to make IT shine and to hide his defense.

Sometimes I think his best fit someday might be going back to Boston on a cheap deal and being the 6th man. But not sure if his ego would allow this to happen. But he does still mention Boston alllllll the time which really annoys new teams he is on and their fans.

And I could talk about this FOREVER but I will shut up since this is mostly a Pacers crowd here. 

But one thing I do know, Lebron HATED Isaiah Thomas. Like he was even trying to lose games IMO to get him off the team, I swear. And to be fair I think if Lebron hated me I might be scared. lmao 

It is just amazing, IT went from hero to zero. I thought in L.A. he might do better on a younger faster team with better D. But again he ends up having major issues and Rondo almost punches him out due to the tribute video drama. And since he joined there they been losing again!!!!!!!!

I got no idea what is up with these ex Celtics but they are WILD.:dunno:

I thought BareNakedladies were terrible.. then Fergie happened. Just wow. She is sooo fine. But no no no singing the anthem.  

The All-Star game last night was completely fire last night. I watched the whole thing with anticipation, I was cheering for team Steph, but everyone played hard and I'm happy for the outcome. I just think team Steph should've left Dame in to finish the game. He would've been M.V.P