Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

43 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He will get max offer and we will have to match unfortunately..He isn't worth it yet but we r a small market..

You are all hyped about Aaron Gordon. He was nowhere near the player he was until this season. It took him 3 years to get where he is at. I think Myles will do the same thing next year and flip the switch. We all know he needs to get stronger and I think he'll do it.

I'm wiling to bet money that at this time next year, it won't even be a conversation of if Myles is worth a max contract. And we better hope so because all of this Kawhi Leonard talk is just noise. Stupid to even talk about especially coming to our team.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

You are all hyped about Aaron Gordon. He was nowhere near the player he was until this season. It took him 3 years to get where he is at. I think Myles will do the same thing next year and flip the switch. We all know he needs to get stronger and I think he'll do it.

I'm wiling to bet money that at this time next year, it won't even be a conversation of if Myles is worth a max contract. And we better hope so because all of this Kawhi Leonard talk is just noise. Stupid to even talk about especially coming to our team.

I agree but if Myles is a centerpiece in Leonard trade peace...

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Gordon and Oladipo will be SERIOUS, especially defensively...oh yeah i want that to happen.. Gordon can be dipos Pippen..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Again, I disagree that we have to make a decision this offseason. Just like Aaron Gordon, Myles does not have to sign an extension if he doesn't think he's getting what he deserves. He can come out next year and prove it in his stats in year 4 just like Gordon did, and get a max contract from us the following summer.

That would also help with our salary cap situation as we can go over the cap to keep Myles but cannot go over the cap to sign other free agents.

I hear you saying that Myles doenst have to make a decision. True.  But we need him to.

I'm saying, if he cant commit to us...3 or 4 years at the $16-$20 mil range.....we look to move on. Meaning: trade him

We do need to make a decision this offseason...and we have to offer Myles, who is only 21, a strong (but not max) second contract at a figure WE can live with and still pursue another free agents.  We show him money based on potential....

If he likes being here as much as I hope he does, and he wants to help us build a conference contending team, he'll accept a very good $18 mil average deal.

We need more than Myles and Victor to be a contender for the conference so we have to structure the payroll so we can acquire a good young forward, who ever he is.

Its not our goal to pay Myles the max money. Its our goal to sign him./

So sign him now..dont wait until he (in his best case scenario) proves he's a max player and we would have to pay him more than we're paying Victor..see what I'm saying?

Edited by oldunclemark

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Gordon and Oladipo will be SERIOUS, especially defensively...oh yeah i want that to happen.. Gordon can be dipos Pippen..

..and if we can lock down Myles at a reasonable salary rate.....we can try (we'd have to move on from Thad Young and Cory Joseph, who have player options) for a core of Oladipo, Sabonis, Myles Turner AND Gordon...all under 26 years old.....and if they all play the way they have this season, that's a team that could win the East...

Or..we can keep our entire team together and revisit free agency in 2019 when most of our contracts (Thad, Cory, (if they stay) Bogdonavic, Lance, Myles, Collison) are up.   

The only problem with that is: We wont be talking about the same free agents.

Gordon, Hood. Tyreke Evans. They'll all be signed.

Its all player evaluation. Who do we like?. Who do we want?

the good thing is. Victor is signed for 3 more years after this one at a salary I'd guess ($21 mil guaranteed) he's happy with.  We are lucky to have our best player signed for the forseeable future with no player or team options.  We have a great chance to build around him.

Edited by oldunclemark

.and I want to start a campaign...

The traditional Hoosier state anthem....'Back Home Again in Indiana" should be sung at the Indianapolis 500 this year by.................................wait for it............................Victor Oladipo....

.I'm serious.  He's a singer....and he certainly is 'back home again in Indiana", isn't he? 

Myles Turner will be at all-star weekend to support Sabonis and Oladipo. Despite the fact that some think everyone just wants to sit in Indiana during their vacation.

Also TJ Leaf and Alex Poythress will definitely be there as well. I guess we'll see if anybody else shows up.

• Like 1

I always follow these NBA spoof videos every year. Normally they have a team in the east tell Lebron it's their time to win the east and it's funny as hell. And they do the finals etc.

This one is the all star special and it's mostly centered around Lebron and Kyrie. And the Cavs trades.

But, at 1:48 there is a cute part with Dipo and the Pacers. :) 

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Myles Turner will be at all-star weekend to support Sabonis and Oladipo. Despite the fact that some think everyone just wants to sit in Indiana during their vacation.

Also TJ Leaf and Alex Poythress will definitely be there as well. I guess we'll see if anybody else shows up.

The same TJ Leaf who grew up in California? Where his parents live?

Get back to us about the 10 Pacers who wont be there.....

I guess all NBA players don't go to the all-star game in LA to party.

Nice try, B-4

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

No defense is being played, but it is nice to see Sabonis out there. Getting some recognition. 

I threw this out a few weeks ago...(and nobody threw it back)

How about having the 'Rising Stars' play the regular NBA all-stars.?

I think there might be more competition there than 'Team LeBron' against 'Team Steph'

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I threw this out a few weeks ago...(and nobody threw it back)

How about having the 'Rising Stars' play the regular NBA all-stars.?

I think there might be more competition there than 'Team LeBron' against 'Team Steph'

They are paying the winning team $100k so hopefully that makes it more competitive..

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nice try, B-4

But when I said international players would get on a plane to fly home to their parents, you were the one that said nobody had families and they would stay at home. You said NOBODY would go to the all-star game. I said there would be people that would support and others that just go outside of Indiana to go on vacation and you do not know where the rest of the Pacers are at right now.

People on here have came out and admitted that they were wrong about things like the Paul George trade. You just can't stand to be wrong and have to argue with everybody even when you're absolutely wrong. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nice try, B-4

And I didn't say they all go to LA to party. That was another poster. So don't even bring that up.

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

And I didn't say they all go to LA to party. That was another poster. So don't even bring that up.

Of course you didnt say it......and the purpose of this post was again? ....Trolling???

You're either arguing a point you SAY you didn't make or you're denying you are defending a far-fetched overstatement argument. One or the other

Back to the all-star weekend.   Team USA is getting washed away.

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

You're trolling again/

Oh I'm sorry mr. know it all. You're absolutely right after all. Every Pacer player is in Indiana at their houses resting in their beds just like you said.

I mean everyone should listen to you because you seemingly know what every player in the NBA is doing. 

So nobody but Joe Young and a cheerleader is in LA just like you said. If nobody is using their own money to fly out to LA if they are not part of the festivities just like you said, then I guess Myles Turner is just still in Indiana. 

You're a bigger troll than anybody here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I'm all for going after Gordon and reports are that we will this summer. I just see no way that the Magic don't match our offer after they already missed out on Oladipo. 

We are also suppose to go after Marcus Smart among others this summer as well. I think we will use the cap space we have to sign free agents this summer, and then wait until next year to sign Myles because we are allowed to go over the cap to sign him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm all for going after Gordon and reports are that we will this summer. I just see no way that the Magic don't match our offer after they already missed out on Oladipo. 

Orlando already declined the 5th-year option for Gordon on his rookie deal

They would probably not do that and then match a multi-year, multi-million dollar offer.

I dont know why..but they passed on the chance to keep him for next year at $7.5 mil

So he's probably going to be a free agent...and a dozen teams will want him

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Orlando already declined the 5th-year option for Gordon on his rookie deal

They would probably not do that and then match a multi-year, multi-million dollar offer.

So he's probably going to be a free agent...but a dozen teams will want him

If he is actually available, we have a better chance to get him than most teams because everyone is already over the salary cap.

However, like I've said, Gordon has transformed his game completely this year. Based on last year's play, I wouldn't have accepted the 5th-year option either. He looked like a bench player. This year he looks like a future all-star. The Magic would be dumb to not match any deal he can get. I hope they do not though.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

If he is actually available, we have a better chance to get him than most teams because everyone is already over the salary cap.

However, like I've said, Gordon has transformed his game completely this year. Based on last year's play, I wouldn't have accepted the 5th-year option either. He looked like a bench player. This year he looks like a future all-star. The Magic would be dumb to not match any deal he can get. I hope they do not though.

There are 23 NBA teams over the cap right now. The cap never stops teams from signing whoever they want. They just pay the NBA their Luxury money. No problem.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Not accepting the 5th year offer was a major mistake. he averaged 12 a game last year and he was 21..

They probably wont bid on him now...he's going to get a $20 mil offer and they aren't at the level competitively where they can justify that deal..and they have E. Payton to pay.

I'd sign him if Thad Young leaves. If you want to take a big bucks risk, you take it on a young player who is on the rise....

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Not accepting the 5th year offer was a major mistake. he averaged 12 a game last year and he was 21..

They probably wont bid on him now...he's going to get a $20 mil offer and they aren't at the level competitively where they can justify that deal..and they have E. Payton to pay.

I'd sign him if Thad Young leaves. If you want to take a big bucks risk, you take it on a young player who is on the rise....

They traded E.Payton for a 2nd round pick...another guy we could have got for our bench...

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There are 23 NBA teams over the cap right now. The cap never stops teams from signing whoever they want. They just pay the NBA their Luxury money. No problem.

You can't sign a free agent and go over the cap unless you have that player's bird rights.

You can go over the cap in a trade because when a team trades a player to you, you also get their bird rights. That is why the Cavs can make the moves they have made.

Those 23 teams over the cap cannot get Aaron Gordon unless they make trades to free up enough space for a max contract. Just like the Lakers did when they moved Clarkson and Nance Jr. so they'd have enough space for two max players.

We can go over the cap to sign Myles Turner as a free agent, but not Aaron Gordon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Elfrid Payton is not even on the team anymore. He was traded last week. Which is even more of an indication to me that they have chosen Gordon as the guy they will move forward with in their franchise. 

Like I said, I'd be willing to throw big bucks at Gordon if he is available, I just don't think he will be. 

OMG they are starting again together soon.

:Cry:

1502976966_33a1461d9b6c8a66506df4701602d

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry ignore me, I am such a fangirl nut for them.

Carry on.......

But Kyrie is happy in Boston. He hinted today he wants to stay there for years with Gordon Hayward when he returns.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:18 PM, BlackPanther said:

Yep.

Pacers are my 2nd team though. It was down to the Pacers and Sixers when it came to choosing a team but Allen Iverson won me over as a kid.

And Iverson still loves Kobe. :heart: And he was there at his retirement jersey thing. I love AI too but Kobe is my all time fave.

Kobe and AI forever.:heart:

iverson-kobe.jpg?itok=QaMefvfY

kobe-bryant1.jpg?w=1500

Kobe-Iverson-640x320.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Elfrid Payton is not even on the team anymore. He was traded last week. Which is even more of an indication to me that they have chosen Gordon as the guy they will move forward with in their franchise. 

Like I said, I'd be willing to throw big bucks at Gordon if he is available, I just don't think he will be. 

And it looks like he will be

Orlando isn't going to pay him what other teams that could be conference contenders will if

"They've chosen Gordon as the guy they will move forward with".

They could have done it by now.   That is, If he was in their plans or they were in his.

Obviously, they passed on him at $7 mil....The reason they passed don't matter now.

Why would they enter a bidding war and pay 3 times that when they're not a playoff team with him.?  And why would he want to play for less?

.  I've said it many times. Draft choices are like lottery tickets and you win just about as often., Eventually we have to take another free agent chance...even at $20 mil.....You take advantage of a team which cant or wont pay a young player for whatever reason. And you believe they'll be better with your team than they were with their previous team.. Like Oladipo and Sabonis.

We gambled (and with Vic it was a big guaranteed money gamble, bigger than Gordon would have to be) and won there. Its better than drafting 18 year olds. Much better odds.

Edited by oldunclemark

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

We can go over the cap to sign Myles Turner as a free agent, but not Aaron Gordon.

But if we decline 'team options' on Bogdonavic and Big Al, we could sign Gordon. That's over $20 mil. Or as you know, Cory Joseph and Thad Young can walk away from us at the end of the year and that's over $20 mil there, too.

Either way, we could sign a $20 mil player and then we could resign Myles later and go over the cap if we were willing (I dont know if we are) or take his 5th year option in any deal allowing other contracts to expire the new Myles big bucks deal kicks in.

Like 'crazy' said, you can make it work. Contending teams do.

Boston has Al Horford ($27 mil this season), Gordon Hayward ($29 mil this season) and Kyrie Irving ($18 mil this season), and they all have contracts which will pay them more next year.

And they have 10 other players they pay.

Obviously, the 'cap' doesnt stop contenders.

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The rescheduling of the New Orleans game is other break for us.

By March 21 (the new date) , we could have both Darren Collison and Glenn Robinson back in action.

Lemon Jr. from Mad Ants is a guy we should sign...Dude score in bunches..Outplayed Robinson 111 by a mile...Robinson will do nothing for us this year ...Not sure he will ever be the same after injury..

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But if we decline 'team options' on Bogdonavic and Big Al, we could sign Gordon. That's over $20 mil. Or as you know, Cory Joseph and Thad Young can walk away from us at the end of the year and that's over $20 mil there, too.

Either way, we could sign a $20 mil player and then we could resign Myles later and go over the cap if we were willing (I dont know if we are) or take his 5th year option in any deal allowing other contracts to expire the new Myles big bucks deal kicks in.

Like 'crazy' said, you can make it work. Contending teams do.

Boston has Al Horford ($27 mil this season), Gordon Hayward ($29 mil this season) and Kyrie Irving ($18 mil this season), and they all have contracts which will pay them more next year.

And they have 10 other players they pay.

Obviously, the 'cap' doesnt stop contenders.

Teams have room for 2 max contracts for free agents that were not already on their team. Boston have their max contracts to Al Horford and Gordon Hayward, and they have bird rights on Kyrie Irving because he was traded to them so they can go over the cap with his contract.

I never said that we could not sign Gordon and I never said I didn't want to sign him. I'm just saying if we need to sign him we need to do it before we sign Myles.