Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

7 hours ago, Jules said:

Pacers currently are in the playoff standings right now. Meh I might even be crazy but I think the east has some decent competition this year at times.

OMG, OKC is still only 7-9 and ranked 9th in the west.-omg-  They need to pick this up soon.........

I figured OKC was done when they brought in Carmelo Anthony.  Big mistake. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets have this discussion around game 50. If OKC is a .500 team at the All-Star break in FEB than they have a problem. I think it's a bit premature to say they are done 16 games in. They still have 66 games left.

By "done" I meant they won't be a threat to win a championship in any way.   Carmelo just isn't a benefit to the team.   It surprises me that teams do not know that beforehand.   

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 9:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets have this discussion around game 50. If OKC is a .500 team at the All-Star break in FEB than they have a problem. I think it's a bit premature to say they are done 16 games in. They still have 66 games left.

Melo or PG, or both, might not be there past the All-Star break.. The only way that team does anything worthwhile is if the NBA allows them to have more than one ball on the court at the same time. 

Celtics finally lost but it was coming. Sigh, oh well. Depressing though that it was against the Miami Heat who were fired up all to hell.:facepalm: I can't stand this Heat team at times either, they got so many flukey shots tonight. 

Had to lose sometime. You can't keep spotting teams big leads and expect to come back every single game. Celtics have to fix some things on offense.

Would rather the streak had ended to the Pacers though.

SMH

Back to Thanksgiving holiday hoopla........

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

Celtics finally lost but it was coming. Sigh, oh well. Depressing though that it was against the Miami Heat who were fired up all to hell.:facepalm: I can't stand this Heat team at times either, they got so many flukey shots tonight. 

Had to lose sometime. You can't keep spotting teams big leads and expect to come back every single game. Celtics have to fix some things on offense.

Would rather the streak had ended to the Pacers though.

SMH

Back to Thanksgiving holiday hoopla........

Yeah I was hoping the streak would continue into the Indy game. Oh well, 16 in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Still early in the year but there's something different about the Warriors this year. They are still good, and still may end up the #1 seed in the West, but they don't look like the absolute dominating team of the last 3 years. They look more beatable.

Yeah like you said it's early. They may coast through the Reg Season just to try and stay healthy. All they care about now is probably the Playoffs. The Lakers used to do the same thing with Kobe and Shaq. After they won 67 games in 2000, they just coasted in 2001 and 2002 in those Reg Season's to stay fresh for the Playoffs. Lakers didn't have overall HCA in either one of those years but they still won 3 in a row.

• Like 1

Yeah I was hoping the streak would continue into the Indy game. Oh well, 16 in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

I was thinking the same, it never pans out the way we want lol. Kelly Olynyk wanted to break it. lmao And in a way he kinda earned it since he basically won them the the Wizards playoff series last year. lmao 

OKC has this in the bag! This is what I have been waiting for all season. They beat a great team tonight and pretty handedly. Like Jules said though, lets see if they can get consistent.

They showed up big tonight, but they need to keep chugging along. Big win though since it shows what they are capable of when they put it all together. 

23 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Still early in the year but there's something different about the Warriors this year. They are still good, and still may end up the #1 seed in the West, but they don't look like the absolute dominating team of the last 3 years. They look more beatable.

Same thing as last year. Warriors kicked it into super human gear in the second half of the season. Lets see if they can do that again this year. 

They could get complacent though.......but they are so talented and well coached. Hard to imagine they will.

OKC has been great on defense though statisically this year, they just needed to put the scoring out there to go with it.

On a side note, the Nets play hard this year even in losses. Wow, I followed Cavs/Nets at times too and not until the end could the Cavs distance themselves. Nets were playing like it was game 7 of the finals at times.

• Like 1

I am still not a huge believer yet. I need to see consistency usually for me to believe in a team more unless history is on their side with say a Lebron led team by default.

If anything is missing with the Warriors it would be hunger later on since repeating is tough to do. I just remember last year though how the Warriors kinda were up and down until late in the year defensively but still winning and then they kicked in full time hard just in time.

I am most curious to see Cavs at Warriors and how that game goes but it's not until Christmas. That game will tell more to me as in have the Cavs learned ANYTHING about playing Golden State and will the Warriors play the Cavs with the same passion and hunger they did in the finals?

We can only hope though the west gets more interesting and someone in the west finally has cracked Golden State a bit. Going to be tough to do in a 7 game series though.

Would be nice to get a new team in the finals but thats so long away.

Lakers sucked tonight, not unexpected though since it's a young team on a back to back. At least they won last night. *cue Lakers fans ranting online for 48 hours nonstop* This is the team Lebron is supposed to want to play on btw?:peek:

I didn't watch the Warriors/Thunder much live but I just seen highlights. Holy crap, is Westbrook on something? lmaoHe looked all raged up to the max during this game and yelling.:lol: And I saw a clip of Durant walking off the court almost like "whatever * OKC I got a ring, I'm hungry where is mom at.?". lmao 

I seen this online:

Seriously? :scratch:

Lebron be like to Kryie:

Although I can understand watching this game too since it looked like Boston might pull it out again for a few seconds at the 3 minute mark. And I always thought Lebron still secretly had a Miami fetish........deep down.........

Ooh the drama the drama.......

And the Knicks beat the Raptors!!!!!!!-omg- God the Knicks won't DIE.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Lakers sucked tonight, not unexpected though since it's a young team on a back to back. At least they won last night. *cue Lakers fans ranting online for 48 hours nonstop* This is the team Lebron is supposed to want to play on btw?:peek:

I didn't watch the Warriors/Thunder much live but I just seen highlights. Holy crap, is Westbrook on something? lmaoHe looked all raged up to the max during this game and yelling.:lol: And I saw a clip of Durant walking off the court almost like "whatever * OKC I got a ring, I'm hungry where is mom at.?". lmao 

I seen this online:

Seriously? :scratch:

Lebron be like to Kryie:

Although I can understand watching this game too since it looked like Boston might pull it out again for a few seconds at the 3 minute mark. And I always thought Lebron still secretly had a Miami fetish........deep down.........

Ooh the drama the drama.......

And the Knicks beat the Raptors!!!!!!!-omg- God the Knicks won't DIE.

Hey Lonzo was 3-5 from 3 tonight on a bright note = 60% lmao He also had 11 Assists and 7 Rebounds, funny he plays well and they lose to the crappy Kings! Yeah Westbrook pretty much punked the Warriors tonight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey Lonzo was 3-5 from 3 tonight on a bright note = 60% lmao He also had 11 Assists and 7 Rebounds, funny he plays well and they lose to the crappy Kings! Yeah Westbrook pretty much punked the Warriors tonight.

Lonzo's shooting will improve now that he knows his brother is safe and sound and not in a Chinese prison. I bet that was distracting for him. You can say it isn't distracting but if my sister was involved in that I would be a wreck.

I hear a lot of complaints by Lakers fans on Luke's 4th quarter rotations too now.

Westbrook scares me based on highlights I seen of him screaming and yelling and hollering to the crowd. Jesus..........he and Durant were in each others faces too tonight but it looks more Westbrook instigated. lmaolmaolmaoChrist, I missed this for watching Celtics/Heat and Cavs/Nets?:facepalm: 

I didn't think the drama was still even there, I thought a year later it would have settled down........but I guess not. They seem to have some HATE at times unless it's all for show.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

OKC and GSW.....fired up game

....This crowd is vicious...They havent forgiven Kevin Durant

Been watching highlights of this game before I sleep and it's scary. They were so mean and vicious in OKC to poor Kevin!!!!!!!!

kitten-under-blanket.jpg

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Golden State is going to have to find someone who can guard Westbrook by May....

..and I was surprised that Draymond didnt do anymore than he did stopping Carmelo

The thing that has been promising about OKC so far is they have played Good Defense all season, they just haven't found the chemistry on Offense yet to close out games. They have the weapons to be lethal on Offense which is scary. We will see how everything pans out.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Kevin better stop worrying about Russ and start thinking about how he's going to face Paul George seven times in May.     That match up seems a lot more even than it did when PG was here

Somehow I don't think Keven is too worried about Paul George. We have two players right here on the Pacers who play better that George. He has one double-double this season.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think Keven is too worried about Paul George. We have two players right here on the Pacers who play better that George. He has one double-double this season.

westbrook tends to kill his team mates stats.  vics have gone way up this season 

i dont think victor is better than paul george, nor is anyone else on this team

paul just didnt have the right attitude, he didnt want to be here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

westbrook tends to kill his team mates stats.  vics have gone way up this season 

i dont think victor is better than paul george, nor is anyone else on this team

paul just didnt have the right attitude, he didnt want to be here.

That is not what the stats say and the wins are pretty even.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is not what the stats say and the wins are pretty even.

what stats are you talking about?

victors were lower last year when he played with RW.  this year pg13 is with westbrook and his stats are lower.  those are the numbers 

paul is actually doing more than victor did on that team last year

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

PG's stats are not going to be overwhelming because he's playing with Westbrook and Melo. I have followed OKC close all season and PG is giving them 20 almost every night and playing Great Defense. He is also hitting the 3 with high accuracy. OKC will be in the West Finals IMO like I predicted from the beginning. I think they get it together and go on a roll shortly. PG can definitely hang with Durant, he hung with LeBron in many Playoff series.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love our team right now, they are a joy to watch but Dipo isn't better than PG. Not even a debate IMO.

I just think some of you are over valuing George. Yes he is playing better this year than the last couple of years with the Pacers and that is exactly the problem I have with him. I also think the trade the Pacers made for George made the Pacers a much better team. George was a drama queen here and his drama he brought to the Pacers was killing this team. Now we all wait and see what happens when his contract is up. Will he bolt to the Lakers and turn his back on the Thunder like he did the Pacers?

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just think some of you are over valuing George. Yes he is playing better this year than the last couple of years with the Pacers and that is exactly the problem I have with him. I also think the trade the Pacers made for George made the Pacers a much better team. George was a drama queen here and his drama he brought to the Pacers was killing this team. Now we all wait and see what happens when his contract is up. Will he bolt to the Lakers and turn his back on the Thunder like he did the Pacers?

I don't mind the trade, I love the way Dipo and Sabonis have been playing. Our Chemistry is clicking too. I do think in getting PG that makes OKC real dangerous though. I have seen the way PG has played against LeBron in the Playoffs, the guy picks his game in the Playoffs.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't mind the trade, I love the way Dipo and Sabonis have been playing. Our Chemistry is clicking too. I do think in getting PG that makes OKC real dangerous though. I have seen the way PG has played against LeBron in the Playoffs, the guy picks his game in the Playoffs.

Yeah, I know. That is what was aggravating about him as a Pacer. He picked and chooses the games he wants to play his best in. He also didn't demand the ball come crunch time. The Pacers were his team but he would disappear at times. I guess he was just a roll player and the Pacers made the mistake of making him their leader. Larry Bird could never find a player who had the will he had himself. I know those type of players are hard to find but Larry passed on a couple and never made a trade getting one of those players.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:
Story with @mcten filed to ESPN: Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose is away from team and evaluating his future in basketball, league sources tell ESPN. Story soon on site.

I just think his health has hampered his ability to be the player he once was. It has to be disheartening for an injury to slowly put an end to such a talented player.

• Like 1

I can't wait until tomorrows big Celtics/Pacers game! :rock:

Celtics got a huge lead early tonight by 30 points then seemed to rest starters for a lot of the second half for the back to back. Kyrie somehow managed a quick 30 points too and not sure how.

Of course the Magic somehow act like a team full of Lebron's and look at the refs for calls all the time.:facepalm: And they shot baskets until the very last second was done to pad their stats. Sigh........

Remember, the game plan for the Pacers vs Boston: Leave Kyrie WIDE OPEN (he sucks). Focus all your energy on defending Marcus Smart's shooting. 

Pacers look to have a good battle going on right now vs. Toronto.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

PG's stats are not going to be overwhelming because he's playing with Westbrook and Melo. I have followed OKC close all season and PG is giving them 20 almost every night and playing Great Defense. He is also hitting the 3 with high accuracy. OKC will be in the West Finals IMO like I predicted from the beginning. I think they get it together and go on a roll shortly. PG can definitely hang with Durant, he hung with LeBron in many Playoff series.

I can't put OKC in the finals "just yet". Warriors are so deep, talented and well coached. But they could get complacent later and good defensive teams might be showing they can do them in so far this year. 

But if you are saying OKC/Cleveland I could swing with that finals too, would at least be new and more interesting. A ton of star power......

Lebron is "quietly" having a monster season actually but they still have work to do. (mostly on defense obviously)

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:
Story with @mcten filed to ESPN: Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose is away from team and evaluating his future in basketball, league sources tell ESPN. Story soon on site.

Yeah so far it doesn't look good for him again, he hasn't been healthy for more then like 10 minutes. A few times he did look good for the Cavs too so it's sad. Hope he comes away with the right decision later on for himself.

• Like 1