Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

3 games in 4 nights..all losses..

..we miss Sabonis against team like the Pistons..Oladipo 7-of-20.......we seem to flame out offensively late in games

Yeah I feel like the Pacers have a brutal schedule so far with multiple back to backs.  Yeah they have to find their mojo again and get a win, very soon!  Sabonis being out and Turner doesn't seem to really be in game shape.  We'll see how they fair in the next few games.  I thought their record would be around 35-40 wins.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I feel like the Pacers have a brutal schedule so far with multiple back to backs.  Yeah they have to find their mojo again and get a win, very soon!  Sabonis being out and Turner doesn't seem to really be in game shape.  We'll see how they fair in the next few games.  I thought their record would be around 35-40 wins.  

I still think they win 32 games maximum like I did at the start of the season. This schedule has to be the most grueling in the league to start off the season, but it will cool down soon. I think we have a full week and a half of home games the first week of December.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Another lead lost in this one. This time it was just early in the game. It all comes down to shot selection for me. We've taken a lot of mid-range jumpers while the Pistons are getting into the paint.

Not to mention the total lack of defense. Good defense is almost a thing of the past in the NBA in general.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, Malakai432 said:

That projection is still valid..

We're missing those 10 rebounds a game Sabonis was giving us......

..but there are signs of life from Lance..Im still encouraged...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That projection is still valid..

We're missing those 10 rebounds a game Sabonis was giving us......

..but there are signs of life from Lance..Im still encouraged...

Yeah I agree, I think they will still win 35-40 games.  Just gotta get back, get Myles back into the swing of it and Sabonis back.  

7 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

OUCH!

You got to have a strong stomach to watch the Celtics this year with blood gushing from faces and ankles being snapped in half.

No Horford or Irving. Brad Stevens in desperation mode going "Hack-a-Howard".

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

You got to have a strong stomach to watch the Celtics this year with blood gushing from faces and ankles being snapped in half.

No Horford or Irving. Brad Stevens in desperation mode going "Hack-a-Howard".

Yeah it's like a horror movie!  But they keep going and going!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is my look at Lonzo Ball everytime he shoots!

Poor kid, really he is having so many issues shooting and stuff. I almost feel sorry for him since I know so many are making jokes about it.

I know before he was drafted some scouts said his shooting form was seriously off. But they also were afraid to fix it too.

Someone needs to work with him maybe on the side, hopefully Kobe can give him some help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Poor kid, really he is having so many issues shooting and stuff. I almost feel sorry for him since I know so many are making jokes about it.

I know before he was drafted some scouts said his shooting form was seriously off. But they also were afraid to fix it too.

Someone needs to work with him maybe on the side, hopefully Kobe can give him some help.

He does everything else well, he is a Great passer and a Good Rebounder but he cant shoot. Jason Kidd only shot 38% as a rookie so we will see. Kidd also was awful from the 3 point land but got Good as he got older.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He does everything else well, he is a Great passer and a Good Rebounder but he cant shoot. Jason Kidd only shot 38% as a rookie so we will see. Kidd also was awful from the 3 point land but got Good as he got older.

I thought a few times the other night I saw Lonzo play some decent defense vs. the Celtics too. The thing is, I think LaVar didn't want anyone to change his shooting since it worked in college. Me thinks LaVar might change his mind soon.......

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

I thought a few times the other night I saw Lonzo play some decent defense vs. the Celtics too. The thing is, I think LaVar didn't want anyone to change his shooting since it worked in college. Me thinks LaVar might change his mind soon.......

Yeah Lonzo is a Great Passer, Good Rebounder, and I would say an Above Average Defender because he has decent length. He just needs to improve his shot.

• Like 1

Damn, Celtics must be the best defensive team in the league (they are). They should be down 40 in this game since without the Kyrie/Horford combo they can't get much going on offense at all. Being down only 12 at the end of the third is a shocker.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Damn, Celtics must be the best defensive team in the league (they are). They should be down 40 in this game since without the Kyrie/Horford combo they can't get much going on offense at all. Being down only 12 at the end of the third is a shocker.

Not looking good for Boston tonight, they are under manned though. Stevens needs a miracle tonight.

Hmm lets see if Brad Stevens can do it. Celtics making a comeback without Kyrie. Now down by 3.

Even if they lose they are showing the sort of effort the Cavaliers SHOULD be showing but their lazy entitled over paid bums won't do it because defense and rebounding is too much work.

I cannot believe Boston just won this game. Holy crap. Brad Stevens is God. I thought they were doomed without Kyrie and Horford tonight.

Just wow........

Hornets should have put them away easily in the third but Boston plays some serious defense......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I cannot believe Boston just won this game. Holy crap. Brad Stevens is God. I thought they were doomed without Kyrie and Horford tonight.

Just wow........

Hornets should have put them away easily in the third but Boston plays some serious defense......

Look who is on their team Dwight 'Spineless' Howard, most overrated player of all-time. Nevertheless I agree still a miracle win considering Kyrie and Horford were out.

• Like 1