Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, he is locked in. Wouldn't surprise me at all if PG stays now. Depends on how this season goes I guess.

I bet he stays. OKC will be a top 2 or 3 team at worst in the West. Wouldn't make much sense for him to leave that to maybe a fringe Lakers playoff team at best.

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I bet he stays. OKC will be a top 2 or 3 team at worst in the West. Wouldn't make much sense for him to leave that to maybe a fringe Lakers playoff team at best.

I agree, if OKC plays like I think they will = around 60 wins and a WCFinal berth, I see him staying. They aren't better than GS but I like them better than the Spurs and Rockets as of now.

• Like 1

Sucks to hear about the injury to GR3.

I'm still excited for the season to start. I'm looking forward to watching the Pacers this season. I'm honestly mostly relieved Paul is no longer here. That isn't meant to be a knock on him I just didn't believe there was a good chance he would sign a new contract with the Pacers so i'd rather move forward sooner without him.

Still wish the Pacers had drafted Swanigan over Leaf.

I'm looking forward to watching the NBA in general. All this player movement will make things a lot more interesting. I still think Golden State and Cleveland are the best teams but OKC and Boston can give them a legit series.

I'm looking forward to October 17.

I have always loved 3 sports, well 4 if you count Boxing. I have been a Pacers fan longer than any fan of any team (Colts and Cubs since 1984). Pacers since the late 70's. My mom had season tickets in the early 80's when we had Kellogg. I hate to say this but I think we suck this season. I am usually positive about everything but I see us only winning around 35 games.

I liked what I saw from the first preseason game. It seemed like last year we wanted to go uptempo but didn't really execute it well. With Collison, Oladipo, and Lance this year, we're going to put pressure on the other teams with our speed.

Collison impressed me more on defense than anything especially with his quick hands. I saw about 4 or 5 steals and the box score says 7. He's also very fast.

Damien Wilkins impressed me especially at his age. His shot was on tonight and he looked fine conditioning wise playing in this very uptempo offense. And like Wilkins said during the interview after the game, for a team that is almost completely revamped, they have a lot of chemistry for it being the first preseason game.

I think Lance is in a perfect spot as the sixth man. He just needs to control himself and play smart. He made an impact today with 17 6 and 6, was aggressive, and made some great passes. He had some dumb possessions like always but Lance will be Lance.

TJ Leaf needs a lot more work on defense before he can be relied on in games.

Effort was very evident and this team looks hungry. They played against a Bucks team without the Greek Freak, Thon Maker etc. but they performed well. I still expect the team to win 32 games max this year though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

I liked what I saw from the first preseason game. It seemed like last year we wanted to go uptempo but didn't really execute it well. With Collison, Oladipo, and Lance this year, we're going to put pressure on the other teams with our speed.

Collison impressed me more on defense than anything especially with his quick hands. I saw about 4 or 5 steals and the box score says 7. He's also very fast.

Damien Wilkins impressed me especially at his age. His shot was on tonight and he looked fine conditioning wise playing in this very uptempo offense. And like Wilkins said during the interview after the game, for a team that is almost completely revamped, they have a lot of chemistry for it being the first preseason game.

I think Lance is in a perfect spot as the sixth man. He just needs to control himself and play smart. He made an impact today with 17 6 and 6, was aggressive, and made some great passes. He had some dumb possessions like always but Lance will be Lance.

TJ Leaf needs a lot more work on defense before he can be relied on in games.

Effort was very evident and this team looks hungry. They played against a Bucks team without the Greek Freak, Thon Maker etc. but they performed well. I still expect the team to win 32 games max this year though.

The thing I noticed right off the bat was the players sharing the ball. There seemed to be an energy I haven't seen from the Pacers in a long time.

• Like 1

Was at a football game Friday night so I dialed up highlights of the Cavs building up a big lead.

Little or nothing of the Pacers rallying to win, as if no one cares about them

Guess I better get used to that, huh?

...anybody see the game..how did we look?

Edited by oldunclemark

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Was at a football game Friday night so I dialed up highlights of the Cavs building up a big lead.

Little or nothing of the Pacers rallying to win, as if no one cares about them

Guess I better get used to that, huh?

...anybody see the game..how did we look?

Did not get to watch but sounds like TJ Leaf played well. He can shoot.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Sounds like we have depth and youth on our side!!

(Of course, the other teams have all-stars on their side)

Sabonis had 17 & 7. I like to see that. I think this kid will surprise this season. He'll be back in his comfort zone instead of  jackling 3's. We will need him on the boards 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Sabonis had 17 & 7. I like to see that. I think this kid will surprise this season. He'll be back in his comfort zone instead of  jackling 3's. We will need him on the boards 

I like that.  I see Sabonis and Myles playing together...with Myles jacking up the 3s..

Or Sabonis and Leaf...

..everybody's gong so small, I think we can get way with Leaf as  '4'..even with his body type..

I guess the Cavs smoked our starters but we got 'em with the bench.

Before the first of the year, its all new and all an experiment

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I like that.  I see Sabonis and Myles playing together...with Myles jacking up the 3s..

Or Sabonis and Leaf...

..everybody's gong so small, I think we can get way with Leaf as  '4'..even with his body type..

I guess the Cavs smoked our starters but we got 'em with the bench.

Before the first of the year, its all new and all an experiment

They smoked us in the 1st quarter on offensive rebounds I bet they had at least 10 pts on second shots. We won the second quarter by a point and they took the 3rd by 3 pts. Then of course we took it to them in the 4th. 

Turner has to be active on the glass. He can't have 1 board in 21 mins or we are going to have problems. This team is going to need to be focused on the glass every time out. 

I watched some of the Celtics preseason when "the big 3" were playing a few games for a bit and I really did like what I saw. They need time to gel though but the talent and size of the Celtics is improved. 

Man oh man Kyrie Irving's presence must have lit a fire in the backup PGs in Boston since Marcus Smart has lost weight and improved his shot. And Rozier is getting better. Smart clearly is playing to get paid now too.

It's still too soon, but Jayson Tatum is A STUD. That guy has potential to be quite special. Such a smooth rookie.

The one who worries me at times in Boston is Jaylen Brown, he is kinda hot and cold but the talent is there.

Got to give this team time to gel but the mix of veterans and young talent is intriguing me for Brad Stevens to work with.

Didn't get to watch Cleveland but I hear Wade and Rose have looked pretty good at times.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 3:21 AM, akcolt said:

They smoked us in the 1st quarter on offensive rebounds I bet they had at least 10 pts on second shots. We won the second quarter by a point and they took the 3rd by 3 pts. Then of course we took it to them in the 4th. 

Turner has to be active on the glass. He can't have 1 board in 21 mins or we are going to have problems. This team is going to need to be focused on the glass every time out. 

I agree and also think he needed to be more aggressive in that game against the Cavs. If they want to play Kevin Love at center than Myles Turner needs to be taking advantage of that consistently.

16 hours ago, Jules said:

I watched some of the Celtics preseason when "the big 3" were playing a few games for a bit and I really did like what I saw. They need time to gel though but the talent and size of the Celtics is improved. 

Man oh man Kyrie Irving's presence must have lit a fire in the backup PGs in Boston since Marcus Smart has lost weight and improved his shot. And Rozier is getting better. Smart clearly is playing to get paid now too.

It's still too soon, but Jayson Tatum is A STUD. That guy has potential to be quite special. Such a smooth rookie.

The one who worries me at times in Boston is Jaylen Brown, he is kinda hot and cold but the talent is there.

Got to give this team time to gel but the mix of veterans and young talent is intriguing me for Brad Stevens to work with.

Didn't get to watch Cleveland but I hear Wade and Rose have looked pretty good at times.

I watched Cleveland a little last night. They seem like they will be right there in the end again. They really have a TEAM of Present and former All Stars.. it's crazy.. if this was 2009 with the current players, they'd go undefeated no doubt. 

17 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

These preseason games are a total waste of time. What do you really learn about your team by playing someone like this?

I'd say it is more about continuing to find team chemistry and the right rotations. 

On 10/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, RockThatBlue said:
Philadelphia center Joel Embiid has agreed to a five-year, $148 million designated rookie scale max extension, league sources told ESPN.

Over or under 35 games for Embiid this year lol?  That's a high risk singing.  He could turn out to be a great player but the dude is injury prone.  That's a lot of dough lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I watched Cleveland a little last night. They seem like they will be right there in the end again. They really have a TEAM of Present and former All Stars.. it's crazy.. if this was 2009 with the current players, they'd go undefeated no doubt. 

I have not had a chance to watch any Cavs but I will in less than a week.:rock:Can't wait to see the NBA start officially since it can be tough to judge any of this in preseason of course.

Hell I am even curious to see the Lakers but Lonzo was OUT the one time I tried to watch Lakers preseason.:thmdown: He has had an ankle sprain. I am not hating on him as much as I used to since his dad seems to have shut up and stuff since the draft.

Oh yeah, when I look at the Cavs roster now it's kinda hilarious to see all those names that are aging now. lmaoCurious to see how long Rose can hold up since he might have to since I am assuming Isaiah Thomas is out for a while. IT is still apparently mad as hell at the Celtics and Danny Ainge I heard. And his injury situation is still a mystery to me.

Celtics again on tonight, the only one who looks like he isn't comfortable yet to me at times is Gordon Hayward. But it might take a little time in a new system. Kyrie is ready........Kyrie seems like unstoppable energy anyway.

Kyrie is going to really be good this year in Boston. And Lebron with Cleveland. Sounds like a fun rivalry developing.....no?:D

• Like 2

Been hearing and reading there is some potential drama between JR Smith and D Wade:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/11/theres-j-r-smith-dwyane-wade-drama-over-cavs-starting-5/

Smith already has been relegated to the bench in favor of Wade. According to Cleveland.com, Smith was “absolutely” frustrated to not be starting. He said he was “bracing” for the demotion once Wade came aboard, and on Monday, coach Tyronn Lue announced Wade would start and Smith come off the bench.

“Was working hard all summer and then coming in and not even really having a chance to earn my spot, but it’s all right,” Smith said. “It is what it is.”

Nothing ever boring in Lebron land.

And this......

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/10/02/cleveland-cavaliers-moving-kevin-love-center-tristan-thompson-bench

I didn't know Kevin Love was now being moved to center, Tristan Thompson is coming off the bench and Crowder is taking over in Love's old spot.

O.o

Really?

Hmmm........

Outside of the Warriors games, TT did do well I thought. And Crowder can't shoot nearly as well as Love but yeah he is better defensively.

Oh boy this will be interesting in a week to see these teams.:headspin:So many changes.

Oh Geez really?

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/10/lebron_james_ankle_shut_down_f.html

Lebron has a sore ankle and is in doubt for the season opener? I bet he plays but.........man oh man now we have to hear about this until game time. lmao  Kyrie vs. Lebron's ankle!!!!

Conspiracy theories already out there on this too since it's Lebron but I won't go there and spam even further.

• Like 1