Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Come on...CBE...$23 mil......Korver's not making $23 mil..

Write it out $23,000,000....for coming off the bench 82 times and shooting. he's not a defender at all.

This is 'he 'process'

This is the franchise that is so smart.

Unfortunately it has become the rule not the exception 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JJ Redick has a super skill that most teams want, that is shooting the 3 is why he got that money. Keep in mind it is only a 1 year deal. It's not like Redick signed for 4 years.

But CF said...loud and proud..did he not?

To make $23 million you HAVE TO BE AN ALL-STAR!!!!

He wanted to slam Oladipo so much...he shouted it from the mountain top

The earth shook when he said it....and seconds later,,.,JJ Reddick grabbed $23 mil..

Am I lying about that sequence of events?

Is JJ Reddick an all-star>?

Maybe I missed the voting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The earth shook when he said it....and seconds later,,.,JJ Reddick grabbed $23 mil..

Actually I agreed with another poster lol good reading comprehension Mark 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The earth shook lmao Hell I thought that was the fireworks I was hearing outside my house.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Actually I agreed with another poster lol good reading comprehension Mark 

And you were 1000% wrong....

'You said that to make $21 mil a year you HAVE TO BE AN ALL-STAR!!!!

Did Reddick play under an assumed name last year.?

Did he grow a flat top hairstyle and call himself Jimmy Butler"?

I dont know.

Did JJ Reddick beat out Paul George for Top-15???

It could have a happened in some alternate universe

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The earth shook lmao Hell I thought that was the fireworks I was hearing outside my house.

Me, too.....

I used to love the 4th when I was a kid...

Now I just find the dog. get in the basement and put my hands over his ears...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You know just as well as anybody College and Pro's are 2 different games. Laettner was Larry Bird in College, in the Pro's he was a borderline Good player at best.

But this is the son....look him up..

When your response is : His dad was great....you don't know the son...

He was a first round pick...International competition

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I've had about enough Mark for the night maybe for the week I feel myself getting dumber 

This coming from the NBA expert who said that to make $21 million..

..you have to be an all-star...

Was Al Horford ($27 mil a year) all NBA this year? last Year???

Was he an all-star this season. Was he the Celtics best player???

I don't know.....You know the game

$21 mil for Oladipo is wrong but 4 years and $113 mil for Al Horford..That's OK because you don't have to be an all-star elsewhere for $21 mil..a year

Just in Indianapolis

Just on the message board

Edited by oldunclemark
spell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I do not do well with fireworks since I struggle with looking up 

I personally don't like them, it is just loud and annoying but that shows you my age. When I was a kid I loved them and pretty much into my 20's. Someone is setting a bunch loud one's off down the road. They are loud. I mean if people are going to do that at least do it on Tuesday (on the 4th) this is the 1st. It don't irritate too much but if I was trying to sleep or had kids trying to sleep it would.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I personally don't like them, it is just loud and annoying but that shows you my age. When I was a kid I loved them and pretty much into my 20's. Someone is setting a bunch loud one's off down the road. They are loud. I mean if people are going to do that at least do it on Tuesday (on the 4th) this is the 1st. It don't irritate too much but if I was trying to sleep or had kids trying to sleep it would.

I know what you mean

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The explosions outside right now remind me of the late 60s and Vietnam.

(or actually when I was driving down in the city on Saturday night listening to the Isley Brothers glad I wasnt in Vietnam!!))

It's Your Thing!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

VO was the 3rd or 4th best player on a team with no depth and sabonis is a fringe player the thunder literally made a trade to improve his spot just cause they start on our team don't make them great or good 

Come on Dipo was the 2nd best player on OKC. He's a top 100 player in the league. He's not PG and won't be but this mess isn't Dipo's fault. Why the hate on him? 

You wand to hate on someone I'd look at PG. He is the guy who said he's coming back then publicly changes his mind right before the draft  I think we all wanted a better deal but this is what we got. Could we have gotten more? We won't ever know. I do know Ainge is full of it and that's not close to any rumor I heard from Denver. I don't think KP leaves a ton on the table.

The best thing for the franchise to do moving forward is put together the best team we can and go out and play the best ball we can starting in FA.  

That's the way to build not tanking for picks. Picks don't guarantee anything. Look at the 15 players on the ALL NBA Teams 7 of those guys were not top 10 picks. I don't want to be one of the teams in the lottery every year 

That is not Pacer basketball We have had some very good teams. Championship quality teams. The best in the league the year of the malace. We ran into MJ then Shaq and Kobe and came up a little short. Then Lebron came along. We will be back we always are. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Come on Dipo was the 2nd best player on OKC. He's a top 100 player in the league. He's not PG and won't be but this mess isn't Dipo's fault. Why the hate on him? 

You wand to hate on someone I'd look at PG. He is the guy who said he's coming back then publicly changes his mind right before the draft  I think we all wanted a better deal but this is what we got. Could we have gotten more? We won't ever know. I do know Ainge is full of it and that's not close to any rumor I heard from Denver. I don't think KP leaves a ton on the table.

The best thing for the franchise to do moving forward is put together the best team we can and go out and play the best ball we can starting in FA.  

That's the way to build not tanking for picks. Picks don't guarantee anything. Look at the 15 players on the ALL NBA Teams 7 of those guys were not top 10 picks. I don't want to be one of the teams in the lottery every year 

That is not Pacer basketball We have had some very good teams. Championship quality teams. The best in the league the year of the malace. We ran into MJ then Shaq and Kobe and came up a little short. Then Lebron came along. We will be back we always are. 

Listen to ak

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm saying you don't tank and draft well..but you build your team with the guys on 2nd or 3rd deals..

This does not accept that the game (and the draft) has changed.

Question: Last season....which No.1 draft choice made an impact. Answer: None.

What if you'd have tanked to get into the lottery and you end up with nothing.

You'd tank again, right?  That road goes nowhere

You cant run a professional franchise that way.

You have a fan base. You have a responsibility to try to make the post-season.

You owe it to the fans

Some tank on purpose like the 6ers...nobody is saying that. Other however realize your not going anywhere with a few marginal free agents. You invest heavily in young players in their growth by playing them and letting them grow...you draft a Kyrie Irving, a Steph curry, Thompson, Wiggins and then when you have enough valuable young pieces you can trade them for those stars you talk about on their second or third contract like a Love or you add that free agent like a Durant. Few get there by buying their way to a championship. The Bulls didn't, the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons didn't. They drafted their grants, Pippen, and mJs. Their Thomas and dumars, they went through tough times and got their birds, mchales and magics and worthy. More often then not you get your star through the draft. Few get gifted a super star....unless one begs a trade like PG. Look at the best teams in the NBA...GS was great by the draft and got greater by a free agent gifting them. Cleveland built enough talent to lure Lebron and then trade for another star. Spurs drafted most of their team too. Boston has a ton of draft picks and a couple free agents and a nice move to get Thomas. Washington drafted well. Utah the same. OKC too. Only team that didn't that is relevant is Houston....they've tried over and over to buy great teams and it hasn't worked well. Can't just throw stars together and expect it to gel. You draft great and then become a target for a another star to come. I wish we had Paul as we would be closer but fact is he didn't want to be on this team...so start at square one and find us our next Paul and that will be found in the lottery I'm afraid.

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The explosions outside right now remind me of the late 60s and Vietnam.

(or actually when I was driving down in the city on Saturday night listening to the Isley Brothers glad I wasnt in Vietnam!!))

You must live by me because it sounds like a war outside where I am at. haha 

• Like 1