Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm not dealing with the Lakers unless it involves the #2 pick and/or Brandon Ingram

Pritchard needs to go all in and tell the Lakers: #2 pick, or PG is suiting up and playing 48 minutes every game, then getting traded to another team, and Lakers can wait another year. If we're going to go down, might as well go down swinging. 

• Like 2

Lakers, per sources, engaged Sacramento in talks that would have sent the 2nd pick to the Kings for Sac’s two 1st-rounders (5 and 10) (1/2)

Lakers would have then packaged one of the Kings’ picks w/27 & 28 along w/player in offer to Indy for Paul George. But Kings said no (2/2).

Glad to see the Pacers aren't accepted what the Lakers offered.  That's a terrible offer.  Jimmy Butler has apparently informed the Cavs he'd rather stay in Chicago.  That means they're probably really going to push hard for George, which benefits us.  I'd still like to see that three team deal I posted with the Knicks....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Glad to see the Pacers aren't accepted what the Lakers offered.  That's a terrible offer.  Jimmy Butler has apparently informed the Cavs he'd rather stay in Chicago.  That means they're probably really going to push hard for George, which benefits us.  I'd still like to see that three team deal I posted with the Knicks....

Lol me too but it's impossible 

33 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

As it should be. Not trading PG for that *. Pacers should get way better than that

Yep.

If Magic finally gives in and gives us a future 1st rounder on top of pick No.27, No.28 and Julius Randle, what year would we like that first rounder in?

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep.

If Magic finally gives in and gives us a future 1st rounder on top of pick No.27, No.28 and Julius Randle, what year would we like that first rounder in?

Earliest is 2019. Their 2018 pick belongs to another team. That pick would be bad though, as the Lakers would have PG, Ball, Ingram, and whatever superstar(s) they sign. 

4 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Earliest is 2019. Their 2018 pick belongs to another team. That pick would be bad though, as the Lakers would have PG, Ball, Ingram, and whatever superstar(s) they sign. 

Still better than getting nothing for PG next year when he walks, right?

No.27, No.28, 2019 first rounder and Julius Randle, looks good on paper to me. 

We can package those and move up in a draft as well. We can package our No.18 and No.27 to move up to maybe No.12 or No.13 in this draft???

We just have to reconcile to the fact that it will only be a middle of the road return we are going to get for PG now.

40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Still better than getting nothing for PG next year when he walks, right?

No.27, No.28, 2019 first rounder and Julius Randle, looks good on paper to me. 

We can package those and move up in a draft as well. We can package our No.18 and No.27 to move up to maybe No.12 or No.13 in this draft???

We just have to reconcile to the fact that it will only be a middle of the road return we are going to get for PG now.

We are backed into such a corner, at this point I would take Randle and Clarkson + the #27. We may not get a better offer than that. Magic isn't trading the #2 or Ingram, he doesn't have too unless he really thinks PG would commit long term with someone else if someone else trades for him. I definitely think the Cavs would be a 1 year rental because I see LeBron bolting after next season and PG wont stay in Cleveland without LeBron. Boston is the wildcard in this IMO, if PG goes there, he may want to stay if they make the Finals with the Core and Coach they have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are backed into such a corner, at this point I would take Randle and Clarkson + the #27. We may not get a better offer than that. Magic isn't trading the #2 or Ingram, he doesn't have too unless he really thinks PG would commit long term with someone else if someone else trades for him. I definitely think the Cavs would be a 1 year rental because I see LeBron bolting after next season and PG wont stay in Cleveland without LeBron. Boston is the wildcard in this IMO, if PG goes there, he may want to stay if they make the Finals with the Core and Coach they have.

And yes the Pacers are backed into the corner from what I said above

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

What I want to know are they going to let the corruption and tampering go ?

This is an open classic case of tampering.  I really think they should lose a pick or we get one.

Paul and Magic put us in a precarious position and Mr Silver has to know that.  He is great...but we only have Stern to compare. :)  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't necessarily blame PG for leaving, the Pacers failed badly at putting a team around him. But the way PG is leaving just rubs me the wrong way. His agent didn't need to openly leak that crap.

And I'm sure that's how PG, and his agent, look at it, but he's a really weak #1.

He's more of a piece that is built around someone else.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't necessarily blame PG for leaving, the Pacers failed badly at putting a team around him. But the way PG is leaving just rubs me the wrong way. His agent didn't need to openly leak that crap.

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has been my honest opinion of George. Is he talented ? You betcha ! So why did he waste it ? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, buccolts said:

And I'm sure that's how PG, and his agent, look at it, but he's a really weak #1.

He's more of a piece that is built around someone else.

i wouldnt call it weak, but a lot of people agree that hes in the 10-15 best players in the league range

that would mean that about 10-15 teams have a better #1, and the pacers would have to put a lot around him to compete. 

16 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i wouldnt call it weak, but a lot of people agree that hes in the 10-15 best players in the league range

that would mean that about 10-15 teams have a better #1, and the pacers would have to put a lot around him to compete. 

I won't pretend to be a good judge of the top 15 in the league, but let's say he is.

Being a top 15 player says nothing towards being a good leader.

Heck, he may have the talent to be better than top 15, but he hasn't shown it consistently.

As a leader, he forces it, he's a fake, and comes off as disingenuous.

He's good, he's just not THE GUY.

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

I won't pretend to be a good judge of the top 15 in the league, but let's say he is.

Being a top 15 player says nothing towards being a good leader.

Heck, he may have the talent to be better than top 15, but he hasn't shown it consistently.

As a leader, he forces it, he's a fake, and comes off as disingenuous.

He's good, he's just not THE GUY.

He is no Larry Bird

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has been my honest opinion of George. Is he talented ? You betcha ! So why did he waste it ? 

No doubt its not all the Pacers fault, but Bird probably should've dealt him this past trade deadline and none of this would be happening. Feel like Bird make a mistake in that regard. 

PG and the Pacers definitely deserve some blame. Both parties could've done better, absolutely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

That's how I feel too I was totally ok if he left cause I didn't think bird did worth a crap giving him help but at least let us trade you for 1 season then go to LA it really * me off how he said he did this to let us prepare when all it did was ruin our chances of helping our future 

• Myles changed the title to 2017-2018 Indiana Pacers
4 hours ago, buccolts said:

Hes' certainly no Reggie Miller.

Not by a long shot.

24 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

Reggie was robbed of his ring by the brawl , no one in the league measured up to the Pacers , they were hands down the best in the league

• Like 3

INDIANAPOLIS — An Indiana Pacers’ trade involving Paul George being completed before Thursday’s NBA draft doesn’t appear imminent. The Pacers, according to multiple league sources, are considering multiple trade offers for George, but the team doesn’t feel pressure to get a deal done by Thursday

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2017/06/21/trade-involving-paul-george-before-thursdays-draft-no-longer-imminent/416120001/