Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Does anyone think this has anything to do with the Celtics? I wouldn't think so but one never knows with Danny Ainge

If I'm Ainge after that 30/30 I'd trade for him just to wipe that sh!t eating grin off Magics face and make him sweat out next year. Who knows maybe win a championship in the process lol!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

If I'm Ainge after that 30/30 I'd trade for him just to wipe that sh!t eating grin off Magics face and make him sweat out next year. Who knows maybe win a championship in the process lol!

I'm hoping like hell the Celtics trade that #3 pick to the Pacers and they draft D'Aaron Fox

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Im sure Mark feels like he got punched in the gut today. Sure the rest of us saw the writing on the wall for months now but he wanted to believe the fairytale story was going to end with PG holding a finals MVP in one hand and a championship trophy in the other. We knew differently by how his agent and confidants leaking his desires to the press and his Jimmy Kimmell appearance.

i know the Colts catch flack for all the runner up banners and crap but honestly for the Pacers they should be proud of theirs. The NBA doesn't and never will have parity. We should be proud of the contenders we built. In another 5-10 years maybe we will have another run. Let's just nail some draft picks!

NBA should contract. There's no reason to have 30 teams. Hell, I think that's the case with NFL, MLB and NHL as well. Shouldn't have 30-32 teams in a league

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This is gonna set us back 

I hope we tank next year 

I do as well. I'd let Teague and CJ walk. Trade GRIII for an early second or late first..same for Young...then trade PG for any kind of picks you can get. Portland has picks 15, 20, and 26. Take Crabbe or Turner off their hands to match salaries and give them PG as a rental and help them out of cap pergatory. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

NBA should contract. There's no reason to have 30 teams. Hell, I think that's the case with NFL, MLB and NHL as well. Shouldn't have 30-32 teams in a league

That ain't happening. Money is worth more than than parity. Don't get me wrong we would have a superior sport and competition but there is too much money at stake. I'd rather see a relegation system used like in soccer. If you are at the bottom you can't play for the championship the next year. Force teams to be more competitive and keep from tanking and giving away all their draft picks and decent players. Oh and reconstruct the cap somehow. I'm ok with allowing you to keep your own but the loopholes to sign free agents like trade exceptions and signing vets that get waived for minimum during the season I don't like at all.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I do as well. I'd let Teague and CJ walk. Trade GRIII for an early second or late first..same for Young...then trade PG for any kind of picks you can get. Portland has picks 15, 20, and 26. Take Crabbe or Turner off their hands to match salaries and give them PG as a rental and help them out of cap pergatory. 

I'm wondering if maybe we could get Boston to give us the nets 2018 pick for PG they take a % at a ring and he could possibly re up there 

I'm wondering if maybe we could get Boston to give us the nets 2018 pick for PG they take a % at a ring and he could possibly re up there 

I doubt it but one can hope....heck they will have the Lakers pick too from the 76ers and I take that too. I hope Larry is happy...screwed us over one final time before leaving. Larry should have just been a talent evaluator...he is great at that but he consistently made poor trades and personnel decisions the last many years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I doubt it but one can hope....heck they will have the Lakers pick too from the 76ers and I take that too. I hope Larry is happy...screwed us over one final time before leaving. Larry should have just been a talent evaluator...he is great at that but he consistently made poor trades and personnel decisions the last many years.

Larry knew what he was doing when he left. He knew PG was gone

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aaron11 said:

interesting thread on the pacers forum

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?124014-Look-who-we-ran-into-last-night-)

off the record frank vogel says paul likes indy more than people realize, but he still recognizes the possibility of him leaving

though spot for the team, any move they make or dont make is a huge gamble

I tried to join that forum but I got banned as soon as I signed up. Didn't even get to post one time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm not very happy with PG either why the hell would you straight up say you are going to LA and screwing the team out of a possible deal 

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Exact same thing happened to me a month ago

Yep it was awhile back. I guess they don't allow new members. There some good discussions but I only see like a dozen posters....never any new ones. It's going to die a slow death.

• Like 1

I'm not very happy with PG either why the hell would you straight up say you are going to LA and screwing the team out of a possible deal 

His agent leaked it. Plus if your going to LA and you've made up your mind would you rather go to a team full of young pieces or to a gutted team like you saw Carmelo go to and never be able to compete or put a team around you. PG was doing his future team a solid....he sold out the Pacers. It is also why he has to get moved. Can't show his face to his current teammates now.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

His agent leaked it. Plus if your going to LA and you've made up your mind would you rather go to a team full of young pieces or to a gutted team like you saw Carmelo go to and never be able to compete or put a team around you. PG was doing his future team a solid....he sold out the Pacers. It is also why he has to get moved. Can't show his face to his current teammates now.

Well he could have at least let us trade him to another team then after the season go to LA like he wants to then he wouldn't have screwed us or LA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

I think the talk of Simon's willingness to spend holding this team back from contention is overblown. I'm not even sure there is a correlation between the highest spending teams and the top 4-5 teams in the league each year though it would be an interesting study.

This franchise has had multiple teams that could contend for the championship during Simon's tenure. Perhaps Simon is willing to do it if it is required for them to keep a key player or bring in an important free agent. Simon is not going to spend money just to spend money but I don't think that his frugalness is preventing the Pacers from building championship contenders. JMO.

I think if you look at the cap and the overage related to teams who go deep into the playoffs and winning championships you will find those teams are over the cap. There are very few exceptions.

• Like 1

Well, time to prepare for years of mediocrity and twenty win seasons. Who knows when we'll get another PG-caliber or better player, or even compete for the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Twitter buzz says the pacers are talking to teams about trading PG 

We won't get anything for him. He blew our chances of landing something decent.

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Well, time to prepare for years of mediocrity and twenty win seasons. Who knows when we'll get another PG-caliber or better player, or even compete for the playoffs.

We won't get anything for him. He blew our chances of landing something decent.

Yeah we are screwed we will suck for awhile hope we tank next season lol 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Twitter buzz says the pacers are talking to teams about trading PG 

Yep. There will be a rental market. Cleveland being one of them. A team like Miami or Boston are ones that could afford it. I'd honestly talk with teams about taking on bad contracts for draft picks. We can tank and have a team full of crappy contracts the next few years and then trade them off one by one for another draft pick when teams want expiring deals. So you get draft picks up front and on the back. Sure they won't be high ones but you just load up a bunch of middle ones and hope you hit like we did with Paul or Myles. Also during that time we suck our pick will be high ones too. Just load up and hope a few hit big. I really think Portland who is well known over the cap would give up all three their picks to get us to take Crabbe and Turner for PG. Lillard, Mccollum, PG along with some of their front line guys would be very talented. They would love to get out of some of their horrible contracts. Let's help each other.

• Like 3

Someone else already mentioned this we should try Portland They have 3 first round picks no cap space and a contract with Crabbee I'm sure they are rethinking. Maybe we can work something out. They rent PG for a year maybe it's a perfect storm and being on the west coast helps them resign him. We have to get rid of the guy. 

11 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah we are screwed we will suck for awhile hope we tank next season lol 

I don't think tanking is good at all. The people who buy tickets deserve the team to play their best. Even the people who tune in to watch the games on TV will not tune in if we are tanking.

The chain reaction would hurt a lot more than help when people don't buy tickets to see a team tanking just as most wont tune in to watch it either.

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Good idea what * head 

Ok I am late to the party, been busy today but I just read PG wants to leave and wants to be a Laker. The Lakers do want him, so I wonder what would happen if the Pacers just shopping PG around and make it known, that will force Magic's hand to give up something good in return. PG wants to go to the Lakers and Lakers want him but the Lakers have no control over that right now. We could trade him to the Nets for picks if we wanted too.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok I am late to the party, been busy today but I just read PG wants to leave and wants to be a Laker. The Lakers do want him, so I wonder what would happen if the Pacers just shopping PG around and make it known, that will force Magic's hand to give up something good in return. PG wants to go to the Lakers and Lakers want him but the Lakers have no control over that right now. We could trade him to the Nets for picks if we wanted too.

But his stupid agent let everyone know he's going LA in 2018 soothe Lakers will wait and the other teams won't give crap for a rental only a select few 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

But his stupid agent let everyone know he's going LA in 2018 soothe Lakers will wait and the other teams won't give crap for a rental only a select few 

That is true, I skimmed over the article. I understand the Lakers could get him and lose nothing after next season. Maybe Danny Ainge will want to rent him for 1 season and we can get the #3 pick out of it? or get Bradley and Smart out of it? Cavs don't have anyone good they can give us expect Love, I don't want Love - does any of us? If the Celtics get PG that could put them in the Finals and give them a chance to win a Title. Problem is I don't see anyone beating the Warriors anyway.

That is true, I skimmed over the article. I understand the Lakers could get him and lose nothing after next season. Maybe Danny Ainge will want to rent him for 1 season and we can get the #3 pick out of it? or get Bradley and Smart out of it? Cavs don't have anyone good they can give us expect Love, I don't want Love - does any of us? If the Celtics get PG that could put them in the Finals and give them a chance to win a Title. Problem is I don't see anyone beating the Warriors anyway.

Yeah I'm hoping the Celtics will jump in and think they can convince him to re up there so we can get good value. I seen a Twitter post earlier that says we are asking for something substantial lol doubt it happens tho

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah I'm hoping the Celtics will jump in and think they can convince him to re up there so we can get good value. I seen a Twitter post earlier that says we are asking for something substantial lol doubt it happens tho

Yeah Brad Stevens is a hell of a Coach and may convince PG to sign long term with them because they are a lot better than Lakers are right now and have a chance to win a Championship within the next 3 years if PG would stay. That is without their 3rd pick. I would try a trade with Boston for their #3 and bring up players like Smart and Bradley just to see if Boston bites. This could even make Magic antsy because PG may want to be there long term for the fact Boston is a Top 5 team in the league and are 1 of the teams that is a threat to win it all.

Yeah Brad Stevens is a hell of a Coach and may convince PG to sign long term with them because they are a lot better than Lakers are right now and have a chance to win a Championship within the next 3 years if PG would stay. That is without their 3rd pick. I would try a trade with Boston for their #3 and bring up players like Smart and Bradley just to see if Boston bites. This could even make the Magic antsy because PG may want to be there long term for the fact Boston is a Top 5 team in the league and are 1 of the teams that is a threat to win it all.

Id be happy with the nets pick next year Lol and Brown 

• Like 1

i think Cleveland is the only team that will give anything decent for him now

no way boston gives up their high picks

the lakers think they have this in the bag, i wouldnt want to trade with them out of spite either tbh.  other teams are probably losing interest

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think Cleveland is the only team that will give anything decent for him now

no way boston gives up their high picks

the lakers think they have this in the bag, i wouldnt want to trade with them out of spite either tbh.  other teams are probably losing interest

Yeah most teams will lose interest because most know PG will just leave after the season, not sure he would leave the Celtics though? If he goes there and they make the Finals I could see him re-signing there.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah most teams will lose interest because most know PG will just leave after the season, not sure he would leave the Celtics though? If he goes there and they make the Finals I could see him re-signing there.

what do think they would trade us?  i dont follow them very closely