Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Brady controversy

Narcosys

If you've been watching ESPN or the NFL Network the past few days you'll see NFL players that basically say Brady has likely done nothing wrong....

He got his bell run in a game,  and no one noticed....    not the doctor in the press box or the one on the sidelines or the trainers and Brady didn't tell them anything.

Brady likely told his wife during the week that he had a headache and she put the pieces of the puzzle together.

But all the players,  including Jeff Saturday.  said this is common on every team.      In other words,  this is likely much ado about nothing....

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you've been watching ESPN or the NFL Network the past few days you'll see NFL players that basically say Brady has likely done nothing wrong....

He got his bell run in a game,  and no one noticed....    not the doctor in the press box or the one on the sidelines or the trainers and Brady didn't tell them anything.

Brady likely told his wife during the week that he had a headache and she put the pieces of the puzzle together.

But all the players,  including Jeff Saturday.  said this is common on every team.      In other words,  this is likely much ado about nothing....

So if everyone does it,  its ok?

Every team that hides injuries need to be held accountable.

That's not saying that the Patriots necessarily did,  but it means that excuse is lame. 

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's not saying that the Patriots necessarily did,  but it means that excuse is lame. 

It means the player hid the injury; not the team.  Players, with their highly competitive natures, may do things that seem to sacrifice their health in order to stay out on the field.  Look at Austin Collie for an example.

This is not specific to the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Sort of like Andrew Luck's ribs in 2015? Point is, yes. Whether it's to protect their players, or whether the player himself doesn't completely disclose his physical condition and tries to hide something, this probably happens LITERALLY every week in the NFL. 

(If the link above doesn't work: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-colts-andrew-luck-played-with-cracked-ribs-since-week-3/)

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The players weren't saying that if everyone does it,  it's OK.

They were saying this isn't an example of the Patriots cheating.      And that's what this thread is claiming.   The Patriots are cheating.     Brady is cheating.      Players aren't saying that,  and that includes Jeff Saturday.

They're saying it's highly likely that the Patriots didn't even know about it,  that Brady kept it to himself and NFL players are saying this is very common in the NFL.       

It's not illegal for players to do this.     It IS unwise and not in a player's best interest.    But it's not illegal.

11 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Sort of like Andrew Luck's ribs in 2015? Point is, yes. Whether it's to protect their players, or whether the player himself doesn't completely disclose his physical condition and tries to hide something, this probably happens LITERALLY every week in the NFL. 

(If the link above doesn't work: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-colts-andrew-luck-played-with-cracked-ribs-since-week-3/)

I always felt like he was playing injured because he didn't look like 2012-2014 Luck Version. He had shoulder issues last season actually. Hoping he is 100% this season because losing the Division to Houston is really embarrassing. Our franchise has been one of the best over the last 20 seasons so the expectations are always high around the Indy area. The last 2 seasons have been disappointing after making the Title Game in 2014.

2 hours ago, That Guy said:

It means the player hid the injury; not the team.  Players, with their highly competitive natures, may do things that seem to sacrifice their health in order to stay out on the field.  Look at Austin Collie for an example.

This is not specific to the Patriots.

Lol,  there was no hiding Collie's concussions. 

53 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Yes. I thought it was stupid then. But he was on the injury report I thought. 

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Lol,  there was no hiding Collie's concussions. 

Very true, but I didn't bring him up because of hidden concussions.  I brought him up because he had terrible concussions, yet he still chose to ignore all of the experts and their data in order to try to play football again.  When a few players under 30 retired a few years back, he came out and said he would do anything to get back on the field. 

Sometimes, it's the players hiding the injury; not the team.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:49 AM, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Tom probaly gets a lot of headaches having to listen to her talk. He just lied to her and said it was because of concussion.....................

"Not tonite honey. I have a headache. I think I got a concussion today."

Worst case scenario:  Brady actually had a concussion and hid it from the NFL.

Who really loses in this case?  Brady.  Ultimately, the NFL, but for now, Brady.

Guys that purposefully expose themselves to multiple concussions that nobody else knew about do not have a good track-record in real-life.  If Brady wants to hide multiple concussions and suffer the everlasting consequences, who are we to judge?

Personally, as a life-long Colts fan, I hate Brady, but I don't want him to be "that guy".  I hope the whole concussion thing works out to the benefit of all, not just Mr. Tom Brady.

Ugh, this sucks either way... :sigh:

On 5/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always felt like he was playing injured because he didn't look like 2012-2014 Luck Version. He had shoulder issues last season actually. Hoping he is 100% this season because losing the Division to Houston is really embarrassing. Our franchise has been one of the best over the last 20 seasons so the expectations are always high around the Indy area. The last 2 seasons have been disappointing after making the Title Game in 2014.

Luck's taken a beating since he entered the league. But I think your new GM is doing a much better job of bringing in the pieces to protect him than Grigson did, or even Polian with Manning. 

On 5/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, Narcosys said:

Yes. I thought it was stupid then. But he was on the injury report I thought. 

He was, but he was listed with a shoulder injury. 

It's impossible to tell in these situations if the player is hiding anything from his team. These guys want to create reputations for being tough and disclosure of any injuries is incumbent upon the player. If the team knows and still doesn't list it, as the Colts may or may not have with Luck's ribs, it's more of an effort to protect the player rather than concealing it. 

On 5/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, That Guy said:

She is not a physician.  Without a physician presenting evidence, this is a complete non-issue. 

I think she was just trying to get sympathy for Tom and inflate his "legend," but she didn't realize what she was saying until halfway through.

I saw what you did there.

I don't really consider this story cheating or all that controversial really. Giselle wants her man to think about life after football & she blurted out a Freudian slip or something that was subconsciously bothering her. She doesn't want her husband to suffer from memory loss or excessive aches or pains as a private citizen especially when that couple is already set for life financially. 

Look, I get that INDY fans hate losing to Brady & BB so much & that's really all this is: Jealousy of Tom's consistency of winning in the playoffs. They just want him to retire & Big Ben so Andrew Luck has an easier AFC road to a SB. 

On May 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM, GoPats said:

Luck's taken a beating since he entered the league. But I think your new GM is doing a much better job of bringing in the pieces to protect him than Grigson did, or even Polian with Manning. 

Thanks GP. I always appreciate your honest assessments. You're always welcome here & considered a must read to me. I can't really indict Polian perse, but I do agree with you that we finally have the right front office guy to turn things around. 

I also like your sense of humor too. You're a riot man. :thmup:

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks GP. I always appreciate your honest assessments. You're always welcome here & considered a must read to me. I can't really indict Polian perse, but I do agree with you that we finally have the right front office guy to turn things around. 

I also like your sense of humor too. You're a riot man. :thmup:

Ha, thanks buddy... same here. 

7 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Ha, thanks buddy... same here. 

What I find fascinating is say Brady wins the SB again this yr. What's BB do with Jimmy G. waiting in the wings? 

I tease Tom in jest about deflate gate a lot but in all seriousness it's gonna be a sad day to see Brady retire or end up in a different uniform. He has been riveting to watch in high pressure situations & I really have no animosity toward the guy other than my Colts losing to him. He's a good guy off the field & I like that he can poke fun at his own celebrity status. 

I like Jimmy too. He can definitely play & Bill could make the playoffs with Jimmy pretty easily. If the Patriots are still successful under Jimmy, I'll be cool with it. Dallas being successful is really gonna bother me a hades of a lot more to be honest with ya. haha

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

What I find fascinating is say Brady wins the SB again this yr. What's BB do with Jimmy G. waiting in the wings? 

I tease Tom in jest about deflate gate a lot but in all seriousness it's gonna be a sad day to see Brady retire or end up in a different uniform. He has been riveting to watch in high pressure situations & I really have no animosity toward the guy other than my Colts losing to him. He's a good guy off the field & I like that he can poke fun at his own celebrity status. 

I like Jimmy too. He can definitely play & Bill could make the playoffs with Jimmy pretty easily. If the Patriots are still successful under Jimmy, I'll be cool with it. Dallas being successful is really gonna bother me a hades of a lot more to be honest with ya. haha

I think the Pats will Repeat so he will get #6. In order to beat them some team is going to have to play perfect and hope the Pats Turn it over 2 or 3 times - that is asking a lot. Hey poking fun at Tom is fun and you know it lmao 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Pats will Repeat so he will get #6. In order to beat them some team is going to have to play perfect and hope the Pats Turn it over 2 or 3 times - that is asking a lot. Hey poking fun at Tom is fun and you know it lmao 

I read ya man especially when Bill landed WR Cooks in the offseason as their deep threat or wanna be Randy Moss clone stand in. I'm not saying Cooks will become Moss just that he will stretch the defense & force opposing safeties & DBs to stay back. 

Yeah, Brady hazing has it's moments what with his lavish lifestyle & supermodel wife. Like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes. Brady takes it all like a good sport though even the Ugg commercial stuff that is tongue & cheek self inflicted on a few occasions. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I read ya man especially when Bill landed WR Cooks in the offseason as their deep threat or wanna be Randy Moss clone stand in. I'm not saying Cooks will become Moss just that he will stretch the defense & force opposing safeties & DBs to stay back. 

Yeah, Brady hazing has it's moments what with his lavish lifestyle & supermodel wife. Like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes. Brady takes it all like a good sport though even the Ugg commercial stuff that is tongue & cheek self inflicted on a few occasions. 

Yeah he is easy to poke fun at from the Uggs to Deflategate to Spygate to him having long hair, etc.. but he deserves to be recognized the GOAT, most in here know that. Montana and Peyton are right there but 5 SB wins is tough to top. Didn't Tom do a commercial with a sheep in it at one time too? I vaguely remember it but man that was funny!

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he is easy to poke fun at from the Uggs to Deflategate to Spygate to him having long hair, etc.. but he deserves to be recognized the GOAT, most in here know that. Montana and Peyton are right there but 5 SB wins is tough to top. Didn't Tom do a commercial with a sheep in it at one time too? I vaguely remember it but man that was funny!

I think this is what you are referring to...

When I first saw this ad, I burst out laughing like a James Bond spoof is waiting for the bathroom deflator to show up or something. :lol: Man, for his sake, I hope Tom got a ton of money for appearing in this screaming to be mocked commercial. 

Tom, you're an elite HOF QB & a nice guy, but sometimes...You gotta say no to your agent. Just sayin'.

The only thing I can figure is that company agreed to supply all your mansions with mattresses if you agreed to promote their product.