Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Brady controversy

Narcosys

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I'm surprised thos hasn't been posted yet.  I think we knew the Patriots were doing this,  but this is straight from Gisele.

Patriots cheating again. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/05/17/tom-brady-had-concussion-last-year-gisele-says-cbs-this-morning/FZPfiai30eX8d3pS0FOpTP/story.html

Kind of a dumb move on her part.

She is not a physician.  Without a physician presenting evidence, this is a complete non-issue. 

I think she was just trying to get sympathy for Tom and inflate his "legend," but she didn't realize what she was saying until halfway through.

7 minutes ago, That Guy said:

She is not a physician.  Without a physician presenting evidence, this is a complete non-issue. 

I think she was just trying to get sympathy for Tom and inflate his "legend," but she didn't realize what she was saying until halfway through.

You don't think she knows how medical history? C'mon. 

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Umm.. why would he?

Just because it's his career.

I mean, I wouldn't expect Tom to discuss the inner-workings of the modeling industry and his opinion on how it impacts his wife.

Just speaking as a married person. My take is you let your spouse talk about their career

29 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

You don't think she knows how medical history? C'mon. 

You don't think unqualified people have a tendency to self-diagnose?

There is no way of knowing if her statement is backed by medical professionals.  That makes this gossip and nothing more.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Just because it's his career.

I mean, I wouldn't expect Tom to discuss the inner-workings of the modeling industry and his opinion on how it impacts his wife.

Just speaking as a married person. My take is you let your spouse talk about their career

Brady has already said he wants to play until he's like 47, on top of that they were playing for a championship. He's too competitive to let a concussion take him out.  Gisele has a right to day something if she is worried about his health. 

33 minutes ago, That Guy said:

There is no way of knowing if her statement is backed by medical professionals.  That makes this gossip and nothing more.

I would give her more credibility than anyone else besides a medical professional. Of course,  no patriots physician is going to come out and day this is true, not of they want to keep their job. 

Don't be that guy. 

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I would give her more credibility than anyone else besides a medical professional. Of course,  no patriots physician is going to come out and day this is true, not of they want to keep their job. 

Don't be that guy. 

I know, but I don't see this being actionable in any way.  I could definitely see the Patriots hiding concussions from the league, but I could also definitely see Giselle making up a story in order to win sympathy for her husband without thinking the consequences through.   All in all, she's getting to be almost as bad as Brent Grimes' wife.

How and when did Tom Brady get this concussion?  You know he is Mr. Untouchable when the Pats are practicing.  The only place where someone is going to actually hit him is in an actual game against another team.

If Brady had taken a hit to the head hard enough to concuss him, it would have been replayed a million times on TV and the internet.

I don't recall anything like that, so unless someone can show me this hit on Brady, I will assume Gisele is talking out of her rear.  

Unless he did it at home when he bent down to tie his shoes and banged his head on the kitchen counter or something.  Or maybe he likes it rough and Gisele took it too far.

I don't think this is that big of a deal.  I understand she shouldn't have said it, but if Brady did hide a concussion, I'm sure he wasn't the only player to do so last season.  It's unfortunate, but it's a reality of the NFL.  These guys are ultra competitive and don't want to sit out or let someone else take their reps.

6 hours ago, Gramz said:

Kind of a dumb move on her part.

She wants him to retire.  He wants to play.  She is a spoiled brat having a tantrum.  Does ANYONE believe this?  The NFL onfield experts have missed all these injuries.  He was CLEARLY concussed at the end of the Superbowl.  #FAKENEWS

On one of the ESPN NFl shows today,  Josina Anderson explained that while the Pats never listed Brady as having any head issues,  that's related to game day issues...

If he has a head issue during the week,  then it's supposedly NOT required to be reported to the league office.

So, if he gets his bell rung during the game,  but doesn't say anything and no one notices,   but it's bothering him Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday,     then it's OK not to report it....

This is Anderson's comments based on conversations with league officials.     This is NOT conclusive,  one way or the other.     At least,  not yet.     So consider this informed speculation on her part........

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This obsession with Brady makes me :locked:

11 hours ago, Jules said:

We need to start more non Pats related threads here.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you feel he and the Patriots need that much attention knock yourself out.

Brady and the Pats aren't going to go away because we ignore them.  You guys can easily ignore the forums if it really bugs you so much.  Don't take out your personal frustrations on the rest of the forum members for wanting to discuss something that you are personally sick of reading about.  You come across as bullies when you try to suppress forum topics...

Brady's had a 17-year career in the NFL. Of course he's been concussed at least a few times. Don't forget it wasn't until a few years ago that the new protocols were put in place. 

That said, totally irresponsible on Gisele's part to be talking about this. I can't recall a single instance where Brady was checked out by the independent doctors on the sidelines. You know if that happened, the cameras would have panned over and shown every moment of it. I don't think it's ever happened. And if he's never been evaluated in-game, then it sort of blows her statement up. 

He took a shot to the head in the most recent Super Bowl, and looked a bit dazed for a sec, but obviously he didn't seem off at the end of that game or in any of the post-game interviews I saw. 

The OP's assertion (and assumption) that this automatically equates to "cheating" is unjust IMO. Regardless of whether or not it's even true, making the immediate jump to "well the Patriots had to know about it" is bias in its purest form. I'm not really sure what big advantage you'd have in sneaking a concussed QB into a game anyway. 

Plus aren't more than half of you always saying how soft Brady is? haha

19 hours ago, That Guy said:

Well..... in the past she has stated that he cannot throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. haha

She seemed pretty knowledgeable about that   :lol: 

13 hours ago, wizwor said:

She wants him to retire.  He wants to play.  She is a spoiled brat having a tantrum.  Does ANYONE believe this?  The NFL onfield experts have missed all these injuries.  He was CLEARLY concussed at the end of the Superbowl.  #FAKENEWS

I agree with the bolded.    Would have loved to be a little birdy in that household last night.   haha

20 hours ago, That Guy said:

I'm guessing she slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so, all's good.

34 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Brady's had a 17-year career in the NFL. Of course he's been concussed at least a few times. Don't forget it wasn't until a few years ago that the new protocols were put in place. 

That said, totally irresponsible on Gisele's part to be talking about this. I can't recall a single instance where Brady was checked out by the independent doctors on the sidelines. You know if that happened, the cameras would have panned over and shown every moment of it. I don't think it's ever happened. And if he's never been evaluated in-game, then it sort of blows her statement up. 

He took a shot to the head in the most recent Super Bowl, and looked a bit dazed for a sec, but obviously he didn't seem off at the end of that game or in any of the post-game interviews I saw. 

The OP's assertion (and assumption) that this automatically equates to "cheating" is unjust IMO. Regardless of whether or not it's even true, making the immediate jump to "well the Patriots had to know about it" is bias in its purest form. I'm not really sure what big advantage you'd have in sneaking a concussed QB into a game anyway. 

Plus aren't more than half of you always saying how soft Brady is? haha

I really don't remember Tom getting his bell rung that much RECENTLY other than against the Broncos back in the 2015 AFC Title Game. Usually he doesn't even get touched that much.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Brady and the Pats aren't going to go away because we ignore them.  You guys can easily ignore the forums if it really bugs you so much.  Don't take out your personal frustrations on the rest of the forum members for wanting to discuss something that you are personally sick of reading about.  You come across as bullies when you try to suppress forum topics...

Nobody is trying to suppress anything. Feel free to be dominated and obsessed with the Patriots and Brady.

This thread was even blown all out of whack calling it another Brady controversy when it was not even close to that. Brady's wife made a comment and some took it out of context and blew it out of proportion making it something just for the sake of bashing Brady.

Look, I don't like Brady anymore that any other Colts fan but this taking every chance to make an issue out of total nonsense does get old.  

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nobody is trying to suppress anything. Feel free to be dominated and obsessed with the Patriots and Brady.

This thread was even blown all out of whack calling it another Brady controversy when it was not even close to that. Brady's wife made a comment and some took it out of context and blew it out of proportion making it something just for the sake of bashing Brady.

Look, I don't like Brady anymore that any other Colts fan but this taking every chance to make an issue out of total nonsense does get old.  

Well, if I may....... I, for one, certainly am not looking for a reason to bash Brady.  

Gisele..... well that's a different story.  You have to admit, she set herself up on this one.

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well, if I may....... I, for one, certainly am not looking for a reason to bash Brady.  

Gisele..... well that's a different story.  You have to admit, she set herself up on this one.

She pretty much does that anytime she is ask a question! lmao   P.S.,  great to hear from you.