Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL ranks Colts number 1 passing offense

coltsuser21

Biggest Receiving Threats: Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon

Player Under the Radar: Blair White

It's hard to argue that there's a more fine-tuned passing offense than what the Colts have.

When they lost Marvin Harrison to retirement, guys like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie stepped in to make up for the lost production.

Like some college fans like to say: they don't rebuild, they just reload.

The Colts are never out of a game because of their passing game, and a lot of that can be contributed to Peyton Manning.

However, the Colts can beat you from so many angles thanks to their receivers, and we saw that last season.

The Colts amazingly had six different players who eclipsed the 300-yard mark in 2010, and those same six players had 32 receiving touchdowns collectively.

No team runs the two-minute drill better than the Colts, thanks to them having so many different guys who can beat you. As a defense, you really can't afford to double-team anyone.

My link

You forgot Tamme and Addai in that list! Addai will play a bigger role, but Tamme is a nice target and proved himself last year.

Yes, Powers is our number one and actually plays at a Pro-bowl level. I love him! We have a hole at number 2 that either Tryon or the other guy needs to fill, not Lacey. Lacey is a good nickle CB.

Depends on if our O-line comes together to give our receivers time to get open.

Last season due to injury and instability on the offensive line, our offense became alot more horizontal than vertical

The one stat that will increase the most if our O-line improves is YPA

I think this year we'll see alot of the "explosive" quality of the offense return

At the same time however - it IS a copy cat league, and we saw what the Patriots were able to accomplish with a 2 TE set ...it was both safe (hard to intercept passes that travel 5 yards in the air from the LOS) and effective and exploited mismatches

Tamme is no slouch - he is nowhere near Clark but with Manning feeding him, from the moment Tamme started, he had the most receptions in the league for a TE

Biggest Receiving Threats: Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon

Player Under the Radar: Blair White

It's hard to argue that there's a more fine-tuned passing offense than what the Colts have.

When they lost Marvin Harrison to retirement, guys like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie stepped in to make up for the lost production.

Like some college fans like to say: they don't rebuild, they just reload.

The Colts are never out of a game because of their passing game, and a lot of that can be contributed to Peyton Manning.

However, the Colts can beat you from so many angles thanks to their receivers, and we saw that last season.

The Colts amazingly had six different players who eclipsed the 300-yard mark in 2010, and those same six players had 32 receiving touchdowns collectively.

No team runs the two-minute drill better than the Colts, thanks to them having so many different guys who can beat you. As a defense, you really can't afford to double-team anyone.

My link

I love how we like the bleacher report when its on our side and not when againnst us, Each writer is dfferent, there are good & bad as in anything

But we know Colts have great attack

I think we have the best receiving corps in the league...

But if we don't improve our pass blocking it's not going to materialize into much.

A lot of people are discrediting Ocho and Brady right now, and for the life of me I just can't figure out why. I mean seriously... Tell me these guys don't have a chance to break the records Brady and Moss set in 07. It's downright illogical to do so.

I think we have the best receiving corps in the league...

But if we don't improve our pass blocking it's not going to materialize into much.

A lot of people are discrediting Ocho and Brady right now, and for the life of me I just can't figure out why. I mean seriously... Tell me these guys don't have a chance to break the records Brady and Moss set in 07. It's downright illogical to do so.

Because Mucho Stinko never had great deep speed in the first place and now is really just a glorified posession receiver and has clearly lost a step physically and he was never that great a redzone threat either.

At this point, he seems like an upgrade over Deion Branch (who Brady has natural chemistry with), but the Patriots loss in the play-offs stemmed from their inability to stretch the field and signing Stinko doesn't solve the problem of not having a deep threat for them.

Last year Mucho Stinko wasn't even the main receiving threat on the Bengals as TO got the majority of the deep looks. But who knows, maybe a change of scenery is what he needs and he's always wanted to play for Belichick so maybe it'll work out well but I just don't think he'll have nearly the impact Moss had.

I like to love we got, but its simply not true. Phillip Rivers lead the best passing attack in the NFL last year, and he did it without any true WR. Don't come with the "He didn't have the injuries we did" crap either. He lost EVERYONE, and still had 3 less TDs, 10 more yards, and 93 less completions.

I like to love we got, but its simply not true. Phillip Rivers lead the best passing attack in the NFL last year, and he did it without any true WR. Don't come with the "He didn't have the injuries we did" crap either. He lost EVERYONE, and still had 3 less TDs, 10 more yards, and 93 less completions.

I agree - what Rivers did last year was incredible and more incredible was the fact that it quietly passed under the radar due to his team imploding. Rivers has quietly put together one of the all-time great 3 year regular season runs for a QB

What amazed me most last year was that despite losing his biggest targets last year and throwing to the likes of Patrick Crayton he was still averaging a staggering 8.7 YPA - that is INSANE

Because Mucho Stinko never had great deep speed in the first place and now is really just a glorified posession receiver and has clearly lost a step physically and he was never that great a redzone threat either.

At this point, he seems like an upgrade over Deion Branch (who Brady has natural chemistry with), but the Patriots loss in the play-offs stemmed from their inability to stretch the field and signing Stinko doesn't solve the problem of not having a deep threat for them.

Last year Mucho Stinko wasn't even the main receiving threat on the Bengals as TO got the majority of the deep looks. But who knows, maybe a change of scenery is what he needs and he's always wanted to play for Belichick so maybe it'll work out well but I just don't think he'll have nearly the impact Moss had.

Not alot of love for Chad eh?

Some facts for you: Chad has more PB and AP seasons than Reggie Wayne. Reggie, in 12 more games has 36 more Rec. 35 less yards, 3 more TD's, and Reg avgs almost a full yard less per reception.

They came into the league the same year. Ones had Peyton Manning his entire career, in a historically weak the divison. The other, not so much.

Food for thought.

Not alot of love for Chad eh?

Some facts for you: Chad has more PB and AP seasons than Reggie Wayne. Reggie, in 12 more games has 36 more Rec. 35 less yards, 3 more TD's, and Reg avgs almost a full yard less per reception.

They came into the league the same year. Ones had Peyton Manning his entire career, in a historically weak the divison. The other, not so much.

Food for thought.

That actually is pretty interesting but I think all that does is really speak to the fact that Chad's best days are behind him - he definitely got off to a much faster start in his career than Wayne, and frankly was a better receiver back then too.

But his recent production has not been good - going off recent production, he has only cracked 1000 yards once in the last 3 years. His catch rate the last 3 years in descending order was 53%, 57% and 55%

Then again, I'm also advocating Randy Moss, so maybe I'm the lunatic :)

Don't forget..manning was throwing to Marvin Harrison for the firsst 5 years of Reggie's career..he was basically a decoy..Chad was the #1 guy in cincinnati for the last 9 years.That's a big reason for his early numbers and also the big reason for Reggie's early numbers, plus remember Reggie was hurt in training camp a few days before the first pre-season game of his career..Lastly, 2010 was the first time any many years that the Colts starting Offense played all 16 games to qualify for the post season..So I think it is save to say that Reggie only played a few quarters in the last 3 games of each of the seasons between 2003-2009.. and some of those games he only played a few series.

Just saying...

I remember Wayne being pretty "raw" in his first couple of years - if message boards were more prevalent back then as they are now people would've been quietly whispering bust as I KNOW a few of us were back then

On a side note, man has Wayne really been in the league that long? Seems like it was only yesterday that Carson Palmer was the mirror image of Peyton Manning and Ochocinco was still Chad Johnson.

I still wonder to this day was it true that Ochocinco took a swipe at Marvin Lewis in the locker room at half-time in the play-off game against the Steelers

Don't forget..manning was throwing to Marvin Harrison for the firsst 5 years of Reggie's career..he was basically a decoy..Chad was the #1 guy in cincinnati for the last 9 years.That's a big reason for his early numbers and also the big reason for Reggie's early numbers, plus remember Reggie was hurt in training camp a few days before the first pre-season game of his career..Lastly, 2010 was the first time any many years that the Colts starting Offense played all 16 games to qualify for the post season..So I think it is save to say that Reggie only played a few quarters in the last 3 games of each of the seasons between 2003-2009.. and some of those games he only played a few series.

Just saying...

I love me some Reggie and his hands of gold, but IMO Chad Johnson was a far superior WR. Ill get hated on, and that's fine, but I truly believe that. Reggie and Chad came in the same year, but have entirely different career paths, but are similar players, it's remarkable. The ying to yang if you will. One to a winner with a time MVP QB, a top notch FO, etc etc. The other to the Bengals. Chads first 4 years were Jon kitna and a rookie Carson Palmer and he still put up 282 4124 25. Thats incredible for a young WR.