Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Goat Of The Year Award Goes To.....

27 members have voted

1. 1. goat of the year

• cundiff shanking the fg
    • evans game winning td drop
    • williams two muffed punt returns
    • welker game icing drop

the award goes to....................

Pats WRs in the Super Bowl dropped passes when they were needed to be count on the most.

You could say the same for the Packers...just take out the Super Bowl part

Evans...

When you're a receiver (I play as a receiver), you're suppose to hold onto the ball (squeeze it) when you're in the endzone so that hard hits or swiping doesnt knock the ball out. Evans caught it, turned, and relaxed, and when Moore knocked it out very easily. He's a veteran receiver, so that was just stupid.

Cundiff. There's no excuse to shank a 32-yd FG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHlX_d1baw

^ It wasn't even close! He literally shanked it! If he was a rookie, I could understand, but he was a Pro Bowl kicker a year ago! Confidence is what separates the greatest kickers from the scrubs. I know he said he was feeling the pressure for rushing out onto the field, but when a FG is short in a crucial situation, you have to make it, period. During practice, kickers prepare for hurry-up situations, like this. No excuse for the miss whatsoever. The expressions on his teammates faces says it all.

Evans...

When you're a receiver (I play as a receiver), you're suppose to hold onto the ball (squeeze it) when you're in the endzone so that hard hits or swiping doesnt knock the ball out. Evans caught it, turned, and relaxed, and when Moore knocked it out very easily. He's a veteran receiver, so that was just stupid.

I'd go with Evans too. Although I'm not sure if the back peddling motion had anything to do with it?

I'd go with Evans too. Although I'm not sure if the back peddling motion had anything to do with it?

The back pedalling shouldn't really affect him. The only thing about back pedalling is that it requires you to pay more attention to the back pedalling. If you lose focus when you're back pedalling, you'll fall. He was also turning just before the ball got knocked out, so maybe he was thinking about that too. He wasn't 100% focused on squeezing onto the ball. If he wasn't back pedalling, I'm pretty sure he would have hung on to the ball.

Cundiff missed the easiest play. Chip shot FG

Evans was catchable but he was defended.

Welker had to go after an off-target pass, the 49ers guy was part bad luck on one, and good technique by the giant.

The Evans drop.....

It's the only single play that would've had a solid, game winning result. The Cundiff FG would've just tied the game, not guaranteeing a win. The Welker drop was on 2nd down, and in no way whatsoever guaranteed a win. The Williams muffs were a close second, but still did not guarantee a win or loss either way.

The Evans drop, if he catches it, they win.

I'm not voting for any of them.

Weren't there problems with the snap/hold for Cundiff? I'm not sure that he chocked. One little thing can throw a kickers timing way off.

How was Welkers a drop? I don't like the guy, but that was not an easy catch by any stretch of the imagination.

Evans was the victim of a bang-bang defensive play, I didn't see a mistake on his part.

The closest was the 49ers returner, but mostly for the first play. He was a last second replacement who stupidly stayed too close to a bouncing ball that he was never going to catch on the first play, and that went to his head so he was trying too hard on the second play (and the defense did a great job).

I hate to see one player victimized in a team game. If you are going to go that route, how about Brady's stupid penalty and bad interception. We are talking about someone who suppossedly has ice water in his veins (as oppossed to a rookie kick returner trying to make his mark). If he had just had the presence of mind to legally throw away either one of those passes the Patriots probably win.

I'm not voting for any of them.

Weren't there problems with the snap/hold for Cundiff? I'm not sure that he chocked. One little thing can throw a kickers timing way off

The snap came at the last second because it took too long for the Ravens special teams to take the field. I think Cundiff was distracted by the dwindling play-clock.....and should have either been granted a timeout, or called one himself. The key element was that it was a great decision by Belichick to not "ice" Cundiff as he realized the dwindling play-clock was far more of a distraction tool.

How was Welkers a drop? I don't like the guy, but that was not an easy catch by any stretch of the imagination.

It was as a drop simply by the fact that it hit both his hands. Anytime this occurs, it's considered a drop by statisticians. The fact that the throw was off by several degrees is inconsequential to the actual statistic of a drop. As well, there was no guarantee that the Pats would've scored at all. Plus, given Eli's awesomeness in the last 2:00, I would've bet he'd have scored a TD regardless of being down by 5 (if NE had scored a FG after the 'would be' Welker catch).

However, the drop by Branch on the Pats final drive was far more critical, as he was streaking uncovered across the middle and it may well have resulted in a win. That drop was more on Brady, as Tom should've held it for one more beat to allow Branch to clear the safety that impeded the receivers view.

I gotta go with Evans. Perfect pass, both hands touched the ball. They would have been in the Superbowl.

Brady's unnecessary back shoulder throw to Welker.

I think Brady was just looking out for Welker on that throw. You can tell he was trying to put it where welker wouldn't get laid out by the safety coming over the middle. I love Peyton, but that's one thing he was never good at doing (protecting his receivers.) How many times have we seen him lead Collie or Clark over the middle right into a bone crushing hit?

You can't fault Brady for that throw. He was just protecting his safety net receiver.

I think Brady was just looking out for Welker on that throw. You can tell he was trying to put it where welker wouldn't get laid out by the safety coming over the middle. I love Peyton, but that's one thing he was never good at doing (protecting his receivers.) How many times have we seen him lead Collie or Clark over the middle right into a bone crushing hit?

You can't fault Brady for that throw. He was just protecting his safety net receiver.

So he protects his receiver by throwing him a ball high and outside, exposing his ribs? I'm not buying it. I give QB's passes on a lot of things, but that was just a bad throw.

I voted for the muffed punts (horrible) but on second thought this is a tough vote. The field goal miss was really bad. On the Evans pass the defender did get his hand in there - but...

I call it a 3 way tie.

Cundiff going lefty Vanderjagt on the Ravens was not a pretty sight. oops.

and you've come back alive? referring to your sig