Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Our 2Nd Draft Pick

We should try and get CB Dre Kirkpatrick if he falls a bit which he very well could. Getting an impact offensive player like Luck and then an impact player on defense like Kirkpatrick would be instrumental on both sides of the ball. With us most likely switching to man coverage, we need more talented corners since they will be put on islands from time to time.

I think it has to be a 3-4 NT. It all starts there, and the Colts don't have a 3-4 NT on the roster. Poe or Chapman for me.

The one thing that scares me about that 33rd pick is the possibility of needing a WR. I could see the Colts getting the young tandem one/two, especially if for some reason they can't keep Wayne and Garcon, and then going D the rest of the draft.

Chase Minnifield... he's gonna probably be there and he's great in both man and zone coverages.

Dre Kirkpatrick will probably not drop to there, even after his weed bust. I think the lowest (and this is a stretch) he goes is to the Pats.

Poe, Barron, or Jeffery are my picks. But after free agency a lot of things could change. I believe FA will be more Defensive and maybe Oline. Wide out will be a need in the draft regardless I would say.

I really hope we land OG Carl Nicks after we let Peyton and Wayne go. We should have to money to sign him. Since Saturday will probably retire, we need a dominant force on the interior of the OL.

even gilmore would be nice...or the kid johnson

but a lot deppends on pagano and manusky. If they want to play a 3-4 right away, and i know pagano used an hybrid 3 4 4-3 but still you cant play 3-4 at all with the DT we have, we dont have a NT.

If Pagano wants to go 3-4 next season, Poe should be the pick. Im actually a little bit mixed up on this...worried and excited.

how exactly does our personnell fit a 3-4? not sure freeney would be a nice idea standing up, i can imagine mathis as a OLB but not sure about freeney. and Nevis...whatst he plan with him? he obviously isnt stout enough to play NT (trough he might play NT on passing downs, kinda like jay ratliff who was used more of a penetrator). I dont think Angerer/Bracket/Conner are a good ILB combo, they wont shed blocks.

Maybe angerer fits but I dont see Bracket fitting...Conner not sure to be honest. and there is no way he plays as a OLB in a 3 4 IMO.

even gilmore would be nice...or the kid johnson

but a lot deppends on pagano and manusky. If they want to play a 3-4 right away, and i know pagano used an hybrid 3 4 4-3 but still you cant play 3-4 at all with the DT we have, we dont have a NT.

If Pagano wants to go 3-4 next season, Poe should be the pick. Im actually a little bit mixed up on this...worried and excited.

how exactly does our personnell fit a 3-4? not sure freeney would be a nice idea standing up, i can imagine mathis as a OLB but not sure about freeney. and Nevis...whatst he plan with him? he obviously isnt stout enough to play NT (trough he might play NT on passing downs, kinda like jay ratliff who was used more of a penetrator). I dont think Angerer/Bracket/Conner are a good ILB combo, they wont shed blocks.

Maybe angerer fits but I dont see Bracket fitting...Conner not sure to be honest. and there is no way he plays as a OLB in a 3 4 IMO.

The 3-4 will require considerable attention, two new DEs, a true NT, ILB, OLB coverage guy, a new Safety. The 4-3 would need a better NT, another LB and a safety. Both schemes need a new corner. It's something to consider... I'm with you

The 3-4 will require considerable attention, two new DEs, a true NT, ILB, OLB coverage guy, a new Safety. The 4-3 would need a better NT, another LB and a safety. Both schemes need a new corner. It's something to consider... I'm with you

yea I mean we all excited. this is soemthing we all have been asking for, a more stout D, a more physical brand of Defensive football. I love it! But lets not get carried away, i think we are at least 2 drafts away to play a good 3-4 D. unless they work some magic, with personnel and FA

I think Fili Moala could easily play 3-4 DE. He played that at USC. I think Nevis could make the switch too. He is just a bit shorter than most 3-4 DEs, but that is the only deficiency. Angerer and Conner can play ILB.

I see us just needing a NT, CB, and SS to make the transition complete.

I think Fili Moala could easily play 3-4 DE. He played that at USC. I think Nevis could make the switch too. He is just a bit shorter than most 3-4 DEs, but that is the only deficiency. Angerer and Conner can play ILB.

I see us just needing a NT, CB, and SS to make the transition complete.

It's not that easy, moala is terrible, he and Anderson have the length of a 3-4 DE but neither would I want starting. Nevis is not a 3-4 DE he is a one gap penetrator not an anchor player. Conner and angerer do not shed blocks well, so that's a short term ILB solution. The colts are about 4 players on defense in a 4-3 and about 7 away in the 3-4.

I think the best thing would be for us to keep a 4-3 this year and focus on getting a NT that can also serve as our DT anchor in a 4-3 as well as corners and a SS, then next year get the DE's, and OLB's. We need to look at this thing as a 2-3 year development...not a single year. Andrew needs some time to adjust to the NFL anyway.

Get Paul Soliai in free agency and a CB for our round 2 pick. That will make things work better. I do think NT and CB are higher than SS. Lefeged has the speed and athleticism with the right coaching to take the next step, IMO. He has better pass coverage skills than Caldwell. Caldwell is a better tackler but Lefeged has more upside, IMO. So, we can draft a safety in later rounds if we want to.

Ultimately, free agency will determine how our draft will shape up. The DT and NT positions, being hard ones to play in the NFL, I'd rather go for one via free agency. Same thing for the OG position. Secondary and skill positions - we address via the draft early in the first 3-4 rounds.

After looking at next years draft class, we Should trade our 2nd Rd pick this year for someone's 1st Rd pick next year. That way we can have two 1st Rd picks in 2013.

NT

Star Lotulelei, Utah 6’3” 325 lbs

Jesse Williams, Alabama 6’4” 330 lbs

Sylvester Williams, North Carolina 6’3” 320 lbs

Johnathan Jenkins, Georgia 6’3” 351 lbs

SS

Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami(FL) 6’4” 216 lbs

DeVonte Holloman, South Carolina 6’2” 232 lbs

Orhian Johnson, Ohio State 6’2” 205 lbs

Kenny Vaccaro, Texas 6’1” 215 lbs

Nick Moody, Florida State 6’2” 224 lbs