Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Can The Colts Get Mark Barren Ss Without Trading 1St Pick

Wait until the Combine, and his pro day. Tyler Sash was a 3rd round prospect, but he went in the 6th round (and good for him, because he won a Super Bowl last night). Taylor Mays was supposed to be a high first rounder, and he got picked in the middle of the second. Wait until his workouts and evaluations are in, and see if he's even still considered a good prospect. And even after that, he might wind up going much later than expected. Or the opposite, he might shoot up the charts and go in the top 10, making it unreasonable to try to move up for him.

We don't have to. We can wait till the 2013 draft when we have prospects like Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester (Mark Barron's teammate), T.J.McDonald and Bacarri Rambo all possibly declaring then. I like that safety class better. Only Ray Ray is touted as a SS but in this pass happy league, I am seeing people touted as FS playing SS a lot of times. Melvin Bullitt comes to mind. Bob Sanders packed a punch but was just about 210 lbs or less.

So, if we don't get our hands on Mark Barron, just wait till the 2013 draft :).

I'd say if we don't get our hands on Mark Barron, just draft a different safety in 2012. George Iloka from Boise State has good size and athleticism. Projected at this point as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. And so on. Bethea was a 6th rounder.

We don't have to. We can wait till the 2013 draft when we have prospects like Ray Ray Armstrong, Robert Lester (Mark Barron's teammate), T.J.McDonald and Bacarri Rambo all possibly declaring then. I like that safety class better. Only Ray Ray is touted as a SS but in this pass happy league, I am seeing people touted as FS playing SS a lot of times. Melvin Bullitt comes to mind. Bob Sanders packed a punch but was just about 210 lbs or less.

210lbs pack a puch when you're only 5'9

If his hernia surgery knocks him to the 2nd I'd still take him. Mike Miller of the Miami Heat had hernia surgery in the offseason and he came back better than ever like nothing ever happened. I know it's a different sport, but sports hernia surgerys have become very minor injuries from what I've seen.

Bob Sanders was actually 5 8" 206lbs. He packed a punch. Very compact. If we dont get Barron, We should just look for potential steals like Bethea was. Matt Daniels would be a good late round pick.

Or wait for Baccari Rambo next year. I believe he will emerge as the best safety next year in the draft

I think Tony Dye would be a great 5th round pick. Strong, fast and a leader. Tackling machine too and good in coverage. An injury killed his junior year, but he seems healthy. Could definitely compete for the starting SS spot.

http://www.nfl.com/d..._content_stream

This is a mock without Barron going in the first. He would just need to make it past St. Louis with the 33rd pick.

That mock has Vontaze Burfict falling out of the first round too. I can't see him making it past the Ravens. Im sure Pagano would look long and hard at him as a 3-4 ILB if that's the case. Every year people fall and we on the message boards beg to draft them and Polian would always surprise us. Maybe Grigson will be different.

This is why I think we should trade our 2nd Rd pick this year for someone's 1st Rd pick next year. having two 1st Rd picks would allow us to get one of these guys + a NT or trade-up both 1st Rd picks to get someone in the top-5 ( assuming both 1st picks are between 12-20)