Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Draft - Day 3 Thread - starts at NOON EST

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They seemed like 5th and 6th round players.

Remember that the first 4th rounder was 2nd to last pick of regular 4th round and the other two were at the bottom of the compensatory picks. So these are pretty much top of the 5th round picks. I think Mack was pretty good value... no ? The other 2 , I have no idea.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This draft was too deep at running back for us to come away with a guy like Mack. Very disappointing.  Oh well can't have it all.  We will be looking for a running back again next year. Hopefully it will be more of a priority. At least we still have Gore for this upcoming year and the backup from Seattle. 

Just now, BCoop said:

What in the world is happening to Desmond King? Wasn't he an early-2nd pick just a month or so back?

Would love to see him in the Nickel role. Still think he has potential to be a strong #2 in the future.

he was just picked by the chargers

Just now, BCoop said:

What in the world is happening to Desmond King? Wasn't he an early-2nd pick just a month or so back?

Would love to see him in the Nickel role. Still think he has potential to be a strong #2 in the future.

Chargers finally got Desmond King

9 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Remember that the first 4th rounder was 2nd to last pick of regular 4th round and the other two were at the bottom of the compensatory picks. So these are pretty much top of the 5th round picks. I think Mack was pretty good value... no ? The other 2 , I have no idea.

They seemed like late 5th or 6th round players.  There are/were decent CBs, TEs, and LBs on the board when they were drafted.  JMO.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I don't think Hodges is going to be there...but I hope he is. For all the love that Ballard gave the TEs in this draft, he passed on drafting a good one when he had the chance.

Bucky Hodges and Anthony Walker Jr. would be a good round 5 for us

Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan is an intriguing prospect though. They must be happy with Melvin filling in on the outside for depth.

10 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Mack was ranked the 9th best RB by CBS, just behind Foreman.  Guys like Gallman, Williams, Pumphrey were ranked behind him and they were already gone.  I would tend to agree.

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Mack can be a game breaker not to mention will be a durable RB. Mutidimensional

Agreed.

He doesn't need to come in be the feature back for the future. His speed adds another dimension that this offense needs. Hopefully he can give the Colts what they hoped Ferguson would last season.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan is an intriguing prospect though. They must be happy with Melvin filling in on the outside for depth.

Draft one more CB and bring in more DB's UDFA.   

I like Walker!!

Just now, ar7 said:

Agreed.

He doesn't need to come in be the feature back for the future. His speed adds another dimension that this offense needs. Hopefully he can give the Colts what they hoped Ferguson would last season.

With more size and power

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We still don't have a slot CB.  Butler is a FS

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That would be a very good 5th round.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

His only problem is fumbles. If he fixes that, he has potential to be very good

Given what Ballard said about turnovers and extra possessions, it surprised me that he would take a RB with such striking ball security issues.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They seemed like late 5th or 6th round players.  There are/were decent CBs, TEs, and LBs on the board when they were drafted.  JMO.

I really know so little about the 3 guys we took in the 4th. So I can't debate it

2 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

Given what Ballard said about turnovers and extra possessions, it surprised me that he would take a RB with such striking ball security issues.

It's something that can be worked on though.  It's not a measurable like height, speed, etc.  It's not a vision problem either.  Just securing the ball.