2017 NFL Draft - Day 3 Thread - starts at NOON EST

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I gotta say I'm very pleased with how the draft went.  We got some GREAT value on at least 5 of our picks, we filled needs, and on paper at least this roster is better than it was on Wednesday.  I couldn't be happier with Ballard's first foray in the draft.

Here's a summary of my feelings about our draft picks:

4.1. Zach Banner - he's the only one I don't like. Lacks movement, HORRIBLE athleticism, incredibly huge, questions about ability to stay in shape. I think that's probably the worst Ballard pick in this draft

4.2. Grover Stewart  - I love the potential, have seen limited tape, but his athleticism is freaky for his size. Many scouts seem to love his developmental upside

4.3. Marlon Mack - one of my favorite RBs that we could have gotten late in the 4th. Great athleticism, explosive!!!

5.1. Nate Hairston - haven't watched him, I don't have an opinion on this one.

5.2. Anthony Walker Jr - Solid for this place of the draft. Will be part of the depth and competition at the position.

Congrats guys. I love your draft. I had hoped the Vikes would draft Basham. Good player. 

I don't know what the Vikings are doing today but I am not a GM. :dunno:

Anyone know who Rodney Adams (WR, USF) is? I will read about him but I would like to hear from anyone familiar with him.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats guys. I love your draft. I had hoped the Vikes would draft Basham. Good player. 

I don't know what the Vikings are doing today but I am not a GM. :dunno:

Anyone know who Rodney Adams (WR, USF) is? I will read about him but I would like to hear from anyone familiar with him.

Thanks.

I have like what Minn has done

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have like what Minn has done

You do? I am not crazy about what we have done today. This is a deep draft. Why are we trading 4th round picks for 7th round picks. We have 5 7th round picks. 

Do you know Rodney Adams?

Our fans are not crazy about Ben Gedeon. I like him but it was a major reach. I am ok with the Jaleel Johnson pick.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You do? I am not crazy about what we have done today. This is a deep draft. Why are we trading 4th round picks for 7th round picks. We have 5 7th round picks. 

Do you know Rodney Adams?

Our fans are not crazy about Ben Gedeon. I like him but it was a major reach. I am ok with the Jaleel Johnson pick.

There were some Head Scratchers today but as a they have had a decent draft

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

I share that opinion...but apparently opinions are not allowed around here.

Yeah, it's weird. Over half the forum hated on the first round pick - one I loved - but people are getting on me about disliking a 4th rounder with flexibility, movement and weight issues.  

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bummed by Mack pick. Do not like him at all. First official Ballard pick that I dislike.  

This guy is too slight and frail. He is a horrible pass blocker.  He won't hold up to the pounding of the NFL.  Florida State defense shut him down. Unproven against elite defensive talent.  And we take him.  Crap!  We got Josh Ferguson  2.0. 

5'11'' 213 isn't that small for a RB. He probably plays the season at 218 or so after gaining 5 lbs, which was basically Vick Ballard.

Just turned 21 less than a month ago too, so has room to put on a few pounds.