Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColts8818

So What Opens The Season Next Year?

NBC has some great games to pick from:

Giants vs. Packers, Saints, Cowboys (not the best team but will draw ratings), Eagles, or Steelers?

Last time they picked the Redskins which I thought was an odd choice. Here you can get some real stars vs. Eli and the Giants in that opener.

id go with the packers

Probably the Packers... they may want to go 2010 champ vs reining champ. They may also go with Saints as they face the NFC South.

Well this year was the Super Bowl winner from the last 2 years (Packers vs. Saints) so I'm guessing it will be Giants vs. Packers in New York.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• My response was that you have to look past coachspeak and that Reich specifically is not alone in doing that.  He's basically just like everyone else in that regard.   To your point...  I think there's room to be more genuine about it than coaches are in this current and touchy-feely era.  Probably the most glaring this offseason was Gurley and the Rams played it that way to avoid negative press.  But they've been covering for him and denying the reality for a while now, that they made a grievous error paying him early.  Teams have taken notice too and RB contracts will inevitably follow.  But in the way it was done I think it would have been ok to say what the problem was (they never really did that and are one of the more tight-lipped teams in that way).  It would have been ok to say he wasn't happy with carries and/or whatever his physical ailment was (I followed this situation closely btw and he cost me a fantasy championship).   It's just the easy route, the lazy route IMO, to resort to talking guys up while on the other hand the business move tells a whole different story.  But the NFL is a copycat league so at some point a head coach may come along who will do that while sustaining wins and next thing you know there would be a new group of guys calling it honestly.
    • Will Hooker play below average or return to form?  Is Wills ready for a starting role?  Is Rhodes going to continue to decline?  Can Rock Ya Sun continue to build on his improved play in the 2nd half of the season.  Who is playing defensive end?  Will Turray bounce back from a season ending injury or need the year to acclimate himself.  Will Lewis ever make an appearance? Is Banogu ready for more playing time?      We are good at linebacker so not a question at every level. I think we have a pro bowler in the making in Okereke. 
    • I feel bad for anyone trying to keep count.     I love @Jared Cisneros and @Chloe6124, but their opinion/take changes like the coming and going of the tide.  (or as the tweeters tweet)  One minute they're on the same boat as everyone else, then all-of-a-sudden, they're on an island all by themselves defending an undefendable stance...  
    • I mentioned this once before in another thread, and I'll say it again here. There will be a TON of this team's final roster for the season playing on contracts that will expire at the end of this season (maybe almost half the roster). Heck, just two of those guys alone - Rivers and Brissett - will contribute to over $45 million in cap room for the team going into next offseason. So the team is going to be rolling in cash again next offseason. Could they top $100 million free? I don't know, but it will be huge. What does this have to do with Hooker? Here's what.   They didn't need to put themselves on the hook now for another year with him next year. Someone mentioned that all it takes is one team to offer him a boat load to lose him. Well, with the money this team will have, that won't matter. Because no matter what offers he gets, if this team wants him back, they will have way more than enough to match or beat those offers in order to keep him. And they hold all the leverage here because of it.   So it's not about the team not wanting him back because of his play, or because of his injuries, or anything else like that. It's simply because they don't HAVE to decide right now.   So why should they? Unless they were 100% sold, there's no reason for them to decide right now. Give themselves every last bit of information on him, which will include this upcoming season, and then decide based on ALL of the possible information. That's just smart business.   Something I, being new to the Colts, am coming to be quite impressed with in Ballard and this staff. Especially after following the traveling circus sideshow I've followed the last 15 years.
    • I think there's a reason for that.  Any coach that "tells it straight" doesn't last long in the NFL.   It's a PR thing.  Telling reporters that "you think you know, but you don't know", or "here's your IQ, buddy, zero", or "you play to win the game... HELLO?!?" usually ends up being one of the last things said as a head coach in the NFL.  Why do you think Belichick is so damn boring in his press conferences/interviews?!?  He gives the media/opponent absolutely zero when it comes to bulletin-board material for a very good reason...     As far as Kelly:  none of us know how he truly is behind the scenes.  For all we know, he's as talented as Michael Vick.  But when it comes to everything a franchise QB has to be, he might be closer to Ryan Leaf than Peyton Manning.  
  • Members

• Coltsfan1953

Coltsfan1953 224

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,882

• w87r

w87r 744

• Zoltan

Zoltan 227

• CurBeatElite

CurBeatElite 819

• twfish