Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Superbowl 46 The Shortest Ever?

SilentHill

I don't know, but I liked it. It was nice being able to go to bed at a reasonable hour. The playoffs in general have wrapped up at a decent time on Sunday evening this year. I hate having to turn off a nailbiter and go to bed because it is after 11:00 and it is still not over.

Yeah it had to be....kick off around 6:30 with a half hour halftime show and done before 10...long drives sped it up but still it was really quick. I wonder if all the companies that shelled out the big bucks for SB commercials got those in during the game...and if not do they get a refund if it isnt aired during the game?

What bothered me was how NBC seemed to care most about quickly ending the night so they could air The Voice inside of primetime. In recent years, CBS stayed with the celebrations and spent time showing the aftermath and reactions for some time. NBC very quickly wrapped it up and dispatched the single biggest event on television as quickly as possible.

I haven't heard anyone else mention this. I believe this subtle fact slipped right by most people. If you think about it, they paid almost no attention to the post game so that they could get their steaming pile of American Idle rip-off show to as many viewers as possible. Fans want some closure after the game, instead we had to change the channel so the non-fans could have their silly talent contest show.

What bothered me was how NBC seemed to care most about quickly ending the night so they could air The Voice inside of primetime. In recent years, CBS stayed with the celebrations and spent time showing the aftermath and reactions for some time. NBC very quickly wrapped it up and dispatched the single biggest event on television as quickly as possible.

I haven't heard anyone else mention this. I believe this subtle fact slipped right by most people. If you think about it, they paid almost no attention to the post game so that they could get their steaming pile of American Idle rip-off show to as many viewers as possible. Fans want some closure after the game, instead we had to change the channel so the non-fans could have their silly talent contest show.

Because they don't care about the game. All they're interested in is RATINGS and selling commercials. They know most people tune into ESPN or NFL network once the game is over. The World Series was the same way.

Because they don't care about the game. All they're interested in is RATINGS and selling commercials. They know most people tune into ESPN or NFL network once the game is over. The World Series was the same way.

Yep. But it should be brought to NBC's attention that people took notice; They don't care about the game, they care about using it to garner ratings for unrelated shows. The NFL should be notified of NBC's lack of respect for the game and withhold future SB airings on their network until they can take it seriously.

On topic; The game was short and when this happens, it can be difficult for the network to air all of the adds they had slated. I believe this was part of the reason why there was almost zero post-game coverage, as they spent what time they had airing commercials and scrambling to air The Voice as early as possible.

Just air the game on NFL Network and don't bid it out to the major networks. Won't happen because the NFL likes making money too but it sure would be nice if they did. Also NBC really needs to ditch Collinsworthless and get someone people actually like to listen too!

The length of the game doesn't matter to me. A short game means that the offenses are controlling time of possession and chewing up clock to keep the opponent's offense off the field.

A lot of people I've talked to and some local media in my city have said the game was boring and that the offenses just settled for short gains. I didn't take it that way. I think the offenses really played chess with the defenses, sometimes the offenses won, more often the defenses won. I thought it was a tough battle between two very competitive teams.

The length of the game doesn't matter to me. A short game means that the offenses are controlling time of possession and chewing up clock to keep the opponent's offense off the field.

A lot of people I've talked to and some local media in my city have said the game was boring and that the offenses just settled for short gains. I didn't take it that way. I think the offenses really played chess with the defenses, sometimes the offenses won, more often the defenses won. I thought it was a tough battle between two very competitive teams.

Apparently alot of people you talk to are ignorant.

That game was as exciting as they come.

Apparently alot of people you talk to are ignorant.

That game was as exciting as they come.

Yes! Exactly my point! There are too many "fans" that are ignorant of what football should be. But these are the types of people that the league panders to. The casual fan wants to see more offense and more scoring. So the league makes it easier for the offense to score. I appreciated watching a game where the Defense was allowed to play and the offense had to play chess. They took what was there (short passes), worked on one strategy for a while (running the ball), and changed it up when there was an opportunity (play action). It was great! I just wish I was surrounded by people who really had an eye for quality football. It was exciting all the way through to me.

I don't know, but I liked it. It was nice being able to go to bed at a reasonable hour. The playoffs in general have wrapped up at a decent time on Sunday evening this year. I hate having to turn off a nailbiter and go to bed because it is after 11:00 and it is still not over.

I agree. The worst is when a game gets me all excited, then ends at like 11:15. I have to get up in a few hours and go to work, but I can't sleep because I'm still all worked up.