Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

If the Jets really only want a 4th for Richardson, take it. All day. On top form he is worth a 1st.

I disagree.

A trade would most likely be contingent on a new contract being worked out for Richardson and he wants big DT money.

He's also 1 failed drug test away from a year suspension. A week after his 4 game suspension was announced, he was oulled over for racing at over 140 mph, with a kid in the car, guns on the floorboard, and his car reeking of weed.

That tells me he's quite likely to fail another drug test, so we'd have a large portion of cap space being taken up by a guy that is suspended for a year and lost a draft pick in the process.

I don't think it's worth losing draft capital. I also don't think it matches up with Ballard's FA philosophy thus far.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I disagree.

A trade would most likely be contingent on a new contract being worked out for Richardson and he wants big DT money.

He's also 1 failed drug test away from a year suspension. A week after his 4 game suspension was announced, he was oulled over for racing at over 140 mph, with a kid in the car, guns on the floorboard, and his car reeking of weed.

That tells me he's quite likely to fail another drug test, so we'd have a large portion of cap space being taken up by a guy that is suspended for a year and lost a draft pick in the process.

I don't think it's worth losing draft capital. I also don't think it matches up with Ballard's FA philosophy thus far.

I will play Devil's Advocate and blame it on the Big City Culture

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will play Devil's Advocate and blame it on the Big City Culture

That can always play a part, but my biggest issue is that within a week of his suspension for failng a drug test due to smoking pot being announced, he made the decision to drive like an * with a kid in the car, guns in said car just laying on the floorboard, and reeking of weed, which means him and his friend with him were smoking weed in a car, with a kid. If that doesn't spell out insanely poor judgement, I don't know what does.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

That can always play a part, but my biggest issue is that within a week of his suspension for faling a drug test due to smoking pot being announced, he made the decision to drive like an * with a kid in the car, guns in said car just laying on the floorboard, and reeking of weed, which means him and his friend with him were smoking weed in a car, with a kid. If that doesn't spell out insanely poor judgement, I don't know what does.

I totally agree

39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If he picks a bust and/or the team falters next year he could be labeled as a bad GM

Na... I would disagree.  He is highly regarded as of now and he is going to make a mistake during this draft, maybe even tonight, hope not but it could be.  He won't be held accountable until a few drafts with bad decisions have passed.... or if he brings Trent Richardson out of retirement... that might do it, lol.

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Meh, while I admit I gave Grigs the benefit of the doubt for way too long, the more informed, and or more skeptical posters around here had Grigs sniffed out pretty early on...

Grigson IMO wasn't as bad as some say, but he wasn't good either. He was just average IMO.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Grigson IMO wasn't as bad as some say, but he wasn't good either. He was just average IMO.

Yeah, Good or bad is somewhat subjective especially for fans not privy to how he influenced the overall environment around the team, which one could argue was or has been as much of a contributing factor to the teams slide over the past few seasons as the lack of top tier talent being brought in...

That was the thing with Grigson every now & then he'd find the undiscovered or overlooked gem but Grigson also repeatedly blew the rather obvious pick...

But just looking at his draft record, it's not good at all...

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Yeah, Good or bad is somewhat subjective especially for fans not privy to how he influenced the overall environment around the team, which one could argue was or has been as much of a contributing factor to the teams slide over the past few seasons as the lack of top tier talent being brought in...

That was the thing with Grigson every now & then he'd find the undiscovered or overlooked gem but Grigson also repeatedly blew the rather obvious pick...

But just looking at his draft record, it's not good at all...

His draft record is atrocious outside of his first and last year.  Chris Polian atrocious