Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Sorry for being all over the Basham pick. Looking at these edge players has kinda been my thing. I think we got a good one.

I love thos draft so far. More thsn any draft since I have been a football fan.

Well, Ballard's scouts did get Spencer Ware and Knile Davis all in later rounds, didn't they?

its the quality of players that have been drafted for the colts this year. will need more data but the first 3 picks to me are true BPA. Bashem played on a bad defense but he gave 110% effort he jumps out at you. reminds me of Woodley a bit from Michigan. I really really like our 3 picks can't wait to see what else is added for the rest of the draft and as well as the UDFA.

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

I think youll see the RBs start to go now. Personally I like Marlon Mack for the Colts

Yeah, I'd say we double down on CB and get either Cam Sutton or Damontae Kazee at this point to bolster the CB position. The cupboard is more bare there. 

FOUND THIS ON TERRELL BASHAM :.............

Quick Quote:

“…Basham has been virtually unblockable, winning with his initial quickness, bend, strong hands and a variety of pass rush moves, including a wicked spin. ” –Rob Rang

Scouting Report:

An edge pass rusher that has a lethal combination of burst, dip, and power to get into the backfield. Had an excellent week at the Senior Bowl against top competition, validating the tape that he showed against MAC competition. High mover in the draft, could emerge as one of the top pass rushers in the draft.

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I knew Ballard had a plan like Justin Houston in round 3, that is what I said earlier in a post too:

Ballard was with the Bears when KC drafted Houston.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think youll see the RBs start to go now. Personally I like Marlon Mack for the Colts

With our team make up i'm not putting a lot of value on the RB at this point. We have a lot of needs and need to get better and deeper across the board if we don't get a drafted RB i'm fine with that. This team isn't fixed in one draft or one offseaon but its nice to see a change happening for this franchise on another side of the ball for now.

4 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Never would have thought that Kareem Hunt went before Marlon Mack or Donte Foreman.

Mack fumbles.  Hunt is complete.  Not sure about Foreman

2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Here's our current roster ratings IMO. I went slightly harsh on purpose.

Roster.jpg

Pretty realistic honestly. I'd give Luck elite and toy with the idea of Mewhort at high quality, but other than that it's about right.

If Foreman is still there in the 4th, I'd def take ASAP. Very young (only 20 right now), large hands 10.125''. Could be the bruiser that we need.

Edit: Bah, the Texans of all teams take him.

Foreman gone.  Too bad, was sorta hoping he might be there tomorrow.  Oh well, plenty of talent left folks!

I'm not going to say that Ballard got lucky, but every single pick was projected to go higher than what they did, by a considerable amount.

Or maybe picking 15th in the round makes a difference over picking 25th...ya think.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Foreman gone.  Too bad, was sorta hoping he might be there tomorrow.  Oh well, plenty of talent left folks!

Agreed

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Will have to go RB with next pick as they are going to go fast.

There are still a lot out there

Perine, Mack, Gallman, Williams, Hill, McNichols, Pumphrey, Conner.......all still there.  The question is do the Colts want one of them?

Hopefully we come away with Jaleel Johnson, Gallman, and Anthony Walker JR tomorrow. Would make me very very happy. 

Well another good night for the Colts IMHO.  I'll sleep well again knowing this defense could be better.  Looking forward to tomorrow.  LOTS of good talent still available!  Later my Colts brethren!

There are some very intriguing receivers still available. Isaiah Ford, Bucky Hodges, etc. 

Ton of size, speed, athleticism guys.