Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Recommended Posts

Now get Anthony Walker, Kareem Hunt, and a nickel CB in the 4th and we are set.

 

Or trade up and get Rivers.  Basham is stout enough to play SAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Do what I do 

 Do not refresh until after the Pick

I can't direct toward anyone personally...but announcing the pick the second it happens sucks and makes me unable to enjoy the draft with you all.  If that's what people wish for...that's great.   I will leave if people want to be the first to announce our picks.  Not fun for me.  I'm not saying hold back...do what you want.   But spoilers suck...so I'm not here because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Don't know much about Tarell tbh. Sounds like he was a pretty solid pass rusher though.

He is a true Height Weight Speed guy. 4.7 guy at 270. Has 34.5 inch arms. His 10 yard split is 1.62 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh wow.  Basham looks VERY athletic.  This might be the steal of the draft.

Yep, great motor tough as nails...starting to see a trend of what Ballard wants. Clean, Hardnosed football players. He's BPA so far and staying true to his board. This is a very solid pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I can't direct toward anyone personally...but announcing the pick the second it happens sucks and makes me unable to enjoy the draft with you all.  If that's what people wish for...that's great.   I will leave if people want to be the first to announce our picks.  Not fun for me.  I'm not saying hold back...do what you want.   But spoilers suck...so I'm not here because of it.

I announce as soon as ESPN does no sooner

  BTW I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know a lot about Basham but the ESPN guys love him, go figure. He looks pretty fast off the edge and he has massive size. Kiper thought he would be gone sooner. I just looked at him on film and he wreaks havoc off the edge. One of those guys that not many mentioned in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, waka waka said:

Yep, great motor tough as nails...starting to see a trend of what Ballard wants. Clean, Hardnosed football players. He's BPA so far and staying true to his board. This is a very solid pick.

Basham was on my list but thought his size would mean he played SAM.  Never looked closely enough at him but those highlights shows he has bend and recovery agility.  Dam fine pick, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I can't direct toward anyone personally...but announcing the pick the second it happens sucks and makes me unable to enjoy the draft with you all.  If that's what people wish for...that's great.   I will leave if people want to be the first to announce our picks.  Not fun for me.  I'm not saying hold back...do what you want.   But spoilers suck...so I'm not here because of it.

There's people who are not able too watch t.v right now. I would have been one of them relying on @PrincetonTiger if bad weather had not moved out. Don't like seeing it when it happens then wait until after you see the pick too look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, or Brian Hill in the 4th (assuming Donte Foreman goes already).

George Kittle or Jake Butt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rock8591 said:

Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, or Brian Hill in the 4th (assuming Donte Foreman goes already).

George Kittle or Jake Butt.

 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Colts have a good hold on defense now, I'm good if they wanna go offense at this point, either OL or RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I get a feeling Rivers is going to be a ProBowler within the next couple of years?  Hmmmmm.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AZColt11 said:

Yeah the Colts have a good hold on defense now, I'm good if they wanna go offense at this point, either OL or RB.

It gives Ballard options Saturday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basham looks more agile at 270 than does Rivers at 245.  I wanted Rivers going into the round, but Basham looks much better, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AZColt11 said:

Why do I get a feeling Rivers is going to be a ProBowler within the next couple of years?  Hmmmmm.....

 

Yeah. Kinda like when we passed up Malcom Brown for Dorsett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougDew said:

Basham looks more agile at 270 than does Rivers at 245.  I wanted Rivers going into the round, but Basham looks much better, IMO.

 

That's another possibility...he ran a 4.70 40 but at 269 lbs. What if he gets down to 255-260 or so for OLB, he'd probably be faster. I'd love to know what his body fat percentage is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work so far Ballard!! #InBallardWeTrust

 

I'll admit I didn't know too much about him before we picked him and I was hoping for Derek Rivers. But based on what Ballard has said about picking D3 guys and seeing what this Bashell guy is all about has me just as excited.

 

You can say what you want about Ballards board or his picks but you can't deny he has identified a weakness (our entire defense), has assembled HIS board (with ton of input from the coaches), and stuck with it. The results? FS 1, CB 2, and very good pass rush piece that we will plug into the rotation as he learns from the coaches,

 

Now I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up into the third if there's a RB or TE that he really likes. Otherwise staying out and taking advantage of 3 4th round picks sounds good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougDew said:

Basham looks more agile at 270 than does Rivers at 245.  I wanted Rivers going into the round, but Basham looks much better, IMO.

Basham ran a quicker 20 yard shuttle than Rivers, as it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time, I believe we got a GM that values D as much as fans clamor for :) 

 

Am I the only one who is glad we went D for all our first 3 picks and no offensive skill position players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

 

That's another possibility...he ran a 4.70 40 but at 269 lbs. What if he gets down to 255-260 or so for OLB, he'd probably be faster. I'd love to know what his body fat percentage is.

Looking at his measurables, he compares well with a pretty good NFL pass rusher; Justin Houston. 3rd round pick also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, twfish said:

There's people who are not able too watch t.v right now. I would have been one of them relying on @PrincetonTiger if bad weather had not moved out. Don't like seeing it when it happens then wait until after you see the pick too look

That's fine...Not everyone, even those who are watching the draft get information that fast....So its' great you are following thedraft here.  I'm not because I'm seeing draft picks announced before they actually happen.  You understand.  Enjoy the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

Basham ran a quicker 20 yard shuttle than Rivers, as it happens.

I'm not surprised could see that myself on the limited highlights ESPN just showed.  Rivers looks fast, but engages upright and less agile than Basham, not to mention less powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

For the first time, I believe we got a GM that values D as much as fans clamor for :) 

 

Am I the only one who is glad we went D for all our first 3 picks and no offensive skill position players?

No sir, Im loving it too. With how the board sits at the moment there will be plenty of running backs and TEs in round 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I think the Pats use Rivers like they used Jamie Collins.

Good Point.  Rivers looks more like a fast LB than a bendy edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Looking at his measurables, he compares well with a pretty good NFL pass rusher; Justin Houston. 3rd round pick also.

 

I knew Ballard had a plan like Justin Houston in round 3, that is what I said earlier in a post too:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For the first time, I believe we got a GM that values D as much as fans clamor for :) 

 

Am I the only one who is glad we went D for all our first 3 picks and no offensive skill position players?

No, you are probably in the majority I would think.  I'm in there with ya.  But I'm OK if they go offense now if they have a good player available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Fair enough, but does he really put them into every game or does he hold them back from doing better?  Even in games like against the Chiefs, it was the defense and running attack that won the game.  I know it is said he is protecting the ball, but he makes very few plays as well.  So I personally see no upside for him.  I think at the NFL level when you have a great running attack and defense playing solid, you can win games.    I think Eason would likely throw more interceptions, but also more big plays.  I actually watched every game Eason played in college.  What I am encouraged with him is most big, raw prospects are turnover prone. He isn't.  He doesn't throw that many interceptions and is pretty accurate.  
    • If any of the rookie QB's ball out it will be them.   Taylor might otherwise be in a good position to pick it up if none of the rookie QB's stand out, but his biggest problem is that he's likely going to be at the very least splitting carries with Mack.  So he could have some great runs and post a great yards per attempt but just not make it as the offensive rookie of the year because he won't put up huge huge numbers.   Another player we could look at is Clyde Edwards-Helaire.  Drafted in the 1st by KC.  I don't know how good KC's OL is but working next to Mahomes is going to open up a lot of lanes for any RB.  So I'd consider him a candidate as well. 
    • You think I don’t know what round Eason was picked?    I’m not predicting Eason is cut and signed back to the PS.  I’m only saying it’s possible.   That’s why I said 50-50.
    • This is my point.  There is no guarantee he would stay here. He may end up on the PS. I just think it’s a small chance. With covid we can afford to keep him on the 53 with the new PS rules. It really just depends how he looks in practice. If he looks average maybe they put him there. If he looks fantastic they probably keep him on the 53.
    • Actually he's missing the point slightly . . . you risk them being picked up on waivers.  We cut Easton any team that had interest in him before the draft could pick him up on waivers.  A lot of teams had interest in him.  This is a 4th round pick not a 7th.   Kelly could potentially clear waivers.  Easton is almost certain to be picked up on waivers.  
  • Members

    • Bolts2Colts

      Bolts2Colts 30

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WifiGuy

      WifiGuy 411

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 21,341

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CamMo

      CamMo 1,000

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FortheWin

      FortheWin 39

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 585

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 3,846

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 604

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lucky Colts Fan

      Lucky Colts Fan 6,410

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 9,948

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...