Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Now get Anthony Walker, Kareem Hunt, and a nickel CB in the 4th and we are set.

Or trade up and get Rivers.  Basham is stout enough to play SAM

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Do what I do 

Do not refresh until after the Pick

I can't direct toward anyone personally...but announcing the pick the second it happens sucks and makes me unable to enjoy the draft with you all.  If that's what people wish for...that's great.   I will leave if people want to be the first to announce our picks.  Not fun for me.  I'm not saying hold back...do what you want.   But spoilers suck...so I'm not here because of it.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Don't know much about Tarell tbh. Sounds like he was a pretty solid pass rusher though.

He is a true Height Weight Speed guy. 4.7 guy at 270. Has 34.5 inch arms. His 10 yard split is 1.62 too.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh wow.  Basham looks VERY athletic.  This might be the steal of the draft.

Yep, great motor tough as nails...starting to see a trend of what Ballard wants. Clean, Hardnosed football players. He's BPA so far and staying true to his board. This is a very solid pick.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I can't direct toward anyone personally...but announcing the pick the second it happens sucks and makes me unable to enjoy the draft with you all.  If that's what people wish for...that's great.   I will leave if people want to be the first to announce our picks.  Not fun for me.  I'm not saying hold back...do what you want.   But spoilers suck...so I'm not here because of it.

I announce as soon as ESPN does no sooner

BTW I agree

I don't know a lot about Basham but the ESPN guys love him, go figure. He looks pretty fast off the edge and he has massive size. Kiper thought he would be gone sooner. I just looked at him on film and he wreaks havoc off the edge. One of those guys that not many mentioned in here.

2 minutes ago, waka waka said:

Yep, great motor tough as nails...starting to see a trend of what Ballard wants. Clean, Hardnosed football players. He's BPA so far and staying true to his board. This is a very solid pick.

Basham was on my list but thought his size would mean he played SAM.  Never looked closely enough at him but those highlights shows he has bend and recovery agility.  Dam fine pick, IMO.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There's people who are not able too watch t.v right now. I would have been one of them relying on @PrincetonTiger if bad weather had not moved out. Don't like seeing it when it happens then wait until after you see the pick too look

Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, or Brian Hill in the 4th (assuming Donte Foreman goes already).

George Kittle or Jake Butt.

Just now, rock8591 said:

Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, or Brian Hill in the 4th (assuming Donte Foreman goes already).

George Kittle or Jake Butt.

Agreed

Yeah the Colts have a good hold on defense now, I'm good if they wanna go offense at this point, either OL or RB.

Why do I get a feeling Rivers is going to be a ProBowler within the next couple of years?  Hmmmmm.....

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Yeah the Colts have a good hold on defense now, I'm good if they wanna go offense at this point, either OL or RB.

It gives Ballard options Saturday

Basham looks more agile at 270 than does Rivers at 245.  I wanted Rivers going into the round, but Basham looks much better, IMO.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Why do I get a feeling Rivers is going to be a ProBowler within the next couple of years?  Hmmmmm.....

Yeah. Kinda like when we passed up Malcom Brown for Dorsett.

Just now, DougDew said:

Basham looks more agile at 270 than does Rivers at 245.  I wanted Rivers going into the round, but Basham looks much better, IMO.

That's another possibility...he ran a 4.70 40 but at 269 lbs. What if he gets down to 255-260 or so for OLB, he'd probably be faster. I'd love to know what his body fat percentage is.

Good work so far Ballard!! #InBallardWeTrust

I'll admit I didn't know too much about him before we picked him and I was hoping for Derek Rivers. But based on what Ballard has said about picking D3 guys and seeing what this Bashell guy is all about has me just as excited.

You can say what you want about Ballards board or his picks but you can't deny he has identified a weakness (our entire defense), has assembled HIS board (with ton of input from the coaches), and stuck with it. The results? FS 1, CB 2, and very good pass rush piece that we will plug into the rotation as he learns from the coaches,

Now I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up into the third if there's a RB or TE that he really likes. Otherwise staying out and taking advantage of 3 4th round picks sounds good too.

Just now, DougDew said:

Basham ran a quicker 20 yard shuttle than Rivers, as it happens.

For the first time, I believe we got a GM that values D as much as fans clamor for :) 

Am I the only one who is glad we went D for all our first 3 picks and no offensive skill position players?

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

That's another possibility...he ran a 4.70 40 but at 269 lbs. What if he gets down to 255-260 or so for OLB, he'd probably be faster. I'd love to know what his body fat percentage is.

Looking at his measurables, he compares well with a pretty good NFL pass rusher; Justin Houston. 3rd round pick also.

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

There's people who are not able too watch t.v right now. I would have been one of them relying on @PrincetonTiger if bad weather had not moved out. Don't like seeing it when it happens then wait until after you see the pick too look

That's fine...Not everyone, even those who are watching the draft get information that fast....So its' great you are following thedraft here.  I'm not because I'm seeing draft picks announced before they actually happen.  You understand.  Enjoy the draft.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

Basham ran a quicker 20 yard shuttle than Rivers, as it happens.

I'm not surprised could see that myself on the limited highlights ESPN just showed.  Rivers looks fast, but engages upright and less agile than Basham, not to mention less powerful.

Just now, chad72 said:

For the first time, I believe we got a GM that values D as much as fans clamor for :) 

Am I the only one who is glad we went D for all our first 3 picks and no offensive skill position players?

No sir, Im loving it too. With how the board sits at the moment there will be plenty of running backs and TEs in round 4

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I think the Pats use Rivers like they used Jamie Collins.

Good Point.  Rivers looks more like a fast LB than a bendy edge.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Looking at his measurables, he compares well with a pretty good NFL pass rusher; Justin Houston. 3rd round pick also.

I knew Ballard had a plan like Justin Houston in round 3, that is what I said earlier in a post too:

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, you are probably in the majority I would think.  I'm in there with ya.  But I'm OK if they go offense now if they have a good player available.