Colts select Malik Hooker [Merge]

danlhart87

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Screw what ESPN or NFL Network say. lmao Come on brothers. Hooker's a premier ball hawking FS. One thing we've been lacking for years. Now lets get Tim Williams, Joe Mixon, Gareon Conley, and Jourdan Lewis and like I said......ITS FREAKING ON. 4 1st RD talents, and 1 2nd RD talent. Immediate SB contenders.

Just now, ar7 said:

I feel like there were better options. Hooker is inexperienced and the negatives that go along with that. I find the pick underwhelming but hope it works out well.

That's how I feel I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best. He might another LaRon Landry who couldn't tackle either. 

Pagano and his DB coach have their works cut out. If this guy is as bad as TJ Green, Pagano is GONE GONE. I see Pagano all over on this pick with Ted Monachino. Either the scheme is going to fix this or else. The way the draft is going we should get pretty good players.

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Good pick. Now lets get Tim Williams or Tyus Bowser in the 2nd, Joe Mixon in the 3rd, and Gareon Conley, and Jourdan Lewis in the 4th......And its on baby!!!!

Be best if Rueben Foster fell to the 2nd, and Tim Williams fell to the 3rd. Then my 2 corners in the 4th

Forget foster jarrad davis

I cant believe some of you guys don't realize we just STOLE a top 5-6 talent. He's Earl Thomas man. The tackling will improve and we're gonna have a top 5 FS for the next 8-10 years. SMDH

Plus you gotta love the name Hooker. LOL. But only a high class Hooker. lmao 

Best player available, Allan has arthritis in his shoulders and you cannot take a player that high with that much of a medical risk. No one on here really believe he would fall to 15 so you have to take the best player available on defense. Nobody knows how Foster is going to fare with his injuries. 

Great pick!! i never expected to see him available at 15. We finally might have a ball hawk at FS and hell yes safety was a need Green blows and butler is on a one year deal you don't pass on a top 5 talent at FS cause you have an ancient player on a 1 year deal 

If run D is improved, teams have to throw on us. If you are expecting a free safety to be your best tackler, there is something clearly wrong with that defensive philosophy, my dear fellow fans!!! Deion Sanders wasn't a great tackler either, but he could cover. Instead of a jack of all trades, we got someone very good at playing center field. 

5 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Ballard said he wants a guy that has elite traits and has playmaking - turnover creating ability. That is the definition of Hooker right there. Yes he is kind raw and is inexperienced, but with time and experience he can shore up those tackling issues and hopefully stay healthy with NFL trainers. 

I am 100% ok with this pick but he might look lost at times in his first year in the league. He is only a 1 year college starter but certainly has all the talent in the world to be an all pro. 

Who wants a player to develop? We need instant D starters.

Stop ragging on this guy.....There were prognosticators at one point earlier in the year that were referring to him as an Ed Reed Type of Safety......I think we'd all take that!!!!

Btw Jon Allen and Reuben Foster are falling because of Injury reasons...Chronic Arthritic Shoulders on Allen and Foster is failing drug tests and is injury prone too because of his play...think Bob Sanders 2.

2 minutes ago, Rebelknight said:

So what do we do with TJ Green? Does that mean Geatgers moves to ILB?

I wouldn't worry about that honestly. Even if Green develops into a weapon, we spend so much time in the Nickel that all 3 will spend considerable time on the field.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If run D is improved, teams have to throw on us. If you are expecting a free safety to be your best tackler, there is something clearly wrong with that defensive philosophy, my dear fellow fans!!! Deion Sanders wasn't a great tackler either, but he could cover. Instead of a jack of all trades, we got someone very good at playing center field. 

Well said. I'm guessing we go LB/CB tomorrow

3 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Who wants a player to develop? We need instant D starters.

There is no sure thing in the draft, that is a load of nonsense. Plus, we are several players away from being a SB contender, so you take the guy with the biggest upside here. That was clearly Hooker at that point.

Ballard played free agency for the pass rush with Simon and Sheard, he got pretty much ZERO outside help for the secondary, lost Adams and re-signed Butler, that was it. 

Can't belive people complain about getting one of the best defensive players available at a position of need. Like what the ....

It is the near perfect pick, which allows us to play Clayton closer to the line and be the enforcer he can be. Clayton will do most of the tackling while allowing Malik to use his range and ability to make plays.

Great, great pick! Ballard is the real deal.

11 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Well not to burst your bubble but they didn't like him on ESPN. They said too many missed tackles and too inexperienced. 

You are quoting people on ESPN that has no GM experience at all. Except if it was Polian. Other than that everyone mock draft is in the pits.