Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MPStack

Your 2-3 picks for tonight!

Recommended Posts

Make your two selections and no trades for this evenings draft.

 

2. Malik McDowell DE/DT Michigan St. A good option with an aging Langford and Anderson not back to form from injury. He can play the 3 and 5 tech.

3. Tarell Basham EDGE Ohio Dominated at lower level, but a good pass rushing option in Rd 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Would be two excellent additions to our defense. I'm gonna say;

 

Jordan Willis/Tim Williams and Ahkello Witherspoon/Shaquill Griffin

Nice combos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Nice combos!

Yeh. I'm happy because there is gonna be a certified stud available for us at 46 no matter what, I think.

 

I would be happy with any of;

 

Forrest Lamp

Malik McDowell

Kevin King

Tim Williams

Jordan Willis

Joe Mixon

Derek Rivers

Zach Cunningham

Chidobe Azuwe

 

Lots of studs available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best CB available.  Its not really possible to reach with who will be left on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts grab Tim Williams as one of the best pure pass rushers still on the board.  

 

Problem is that he's a bit of a one trick pony and that's all he can do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping we go in for Corn Elder at some point.  He's an absolute freak of an athlete.  Great in coverage and good tackler for a corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we hit CB with one of the two, and OLB or ILB with the other one, I will be very happy. We NEED to get a linebacker and a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

2. Chidobe Awuzie 

3. Kareem Hunt

I'd be ok with this. I also wouldn't mind a trade-up into the bottom of the 2nd for a ILB/Edge that falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd) Cook/Mixon/Kamara/Lamp/Robinson  (all 1st round talents that would fill a position of need)

3rd) Basham/Bowser/Tabor/Tankersly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

2. Chidobe Awuzie 

3. Kareem Hunt

I like Chidobe. I hope he is there. I wanted Hooker all the way. If we get Chidobe, and Foreman with our 3rd. I would be stoked. 

 

I wish we could trade up and grab two of the top players still on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see something like this play out:

 

2nd:  Willis/Bowser or King/Wilson; if all four are gone then trade down lower in the round

Traded 2nd: Barsham/Rivers

3rd: Griffith/Tankersley if Edge drafted in second; If CB drafted then Hendrickson from FAU if Barsham/Rivers are gone

 

Of course all of this could change if players continue to slip based on other teams' needs.  In general, I am a huge proponent of BPA.  If Lamb or Cook are sitting there in the second then I would have no issue drafting either one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Forrest Lamp falls far enough, I would be more than happy to give up a 4th round pick to move up to take him. If we cannot trade up, I like Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt. 

 

In the 3rd round, I like Cordrea Tankersley from Clemson as a developmental corner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty much all in on a CB for the second. Between Wilson, Tankersley, Witherspoon, King, and Awuzie, at least one of those guys will be there. I think Tim Williams falls quite a bit and if we wanted him we could get him in another round. Not big on any of the LBs or RBs this early, and I think Forrest Lamp goes to the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I'm pretty much all in on a CB for the second. Between Wilson, Tankersley, Witherspoon, King, and Awuzie, at least one of those guys will be there. I think Tim Williams falls quite a bit and if we wanted him we could get him in another round. Not big on any of the LBs or RBs this early, and I think Forrest Lamp goes to the Jags.

When have the Jags ever done the smart thing lol?? They also don't need guards I don't think.  Their big issue is their tackles are wretched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Like these expect for Mixon

I don't like what Joe did either, but he's on the board and if they take him it won't stop me from rooting for the team.   We got to face that this guy is a hell  of a ball player.  It's very likely he could be BPA at some point between the 2nd and 3rd. I'm down with the second chance I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krunk said:

I don't like what Joe did either, but he's on the board and if they take him it won't stop me from rooting for the team.   We got to face that this guy is a hell  of a ball player.  It's very likely he could be BPA at some point between the 2nd and 3rd. I'm down with the second chance I suppose.

I am just not a fan minus the off the field issues I would prefer one of the other RBs if we go that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krunk said:

I don't like what Joe did either, but he's on the board and if they take him it won't stop me from rooting for the team.   We got to face that this guy is a hell  of a ball player.  It's very likely he could be BPA at some point between the 2nd and 3rd. I'm down with the second chance I suppose.

Im with you,  I certainly won't boycott the team.   But as far as I know they have never had a meeting with mixon.  I just can't see them drafting someone with his red flags without some kind of interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Im with you,  I certainly won't boycott the team.   But as far as I know they have never had a meeting with mixon.  I just can't see them drafting someone with his red flags without some kind of interview

I didn't know of any meetings we had with Hooker before the draft either.  Ballard does things in secret more than Grigson did it seems.   Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krunk said:

I didn't know of any meetings we had with Hooker before the draft either.  Ballard does things in secret more than Grigson did it seems.   Who knows?

I don't think we met with hooker,  But he doesn't have huge off field issues and was also considered a top ten prospect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Im with you,  I certainly won't boycott the team.   But as far as I know they have never had a meeting with mixon.  I just can't see them drafting someone with his red flags without some kind of interview

 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I didn't know of any meetings we had with Hooker before the draft either.  Ballard does things in secret more than Grigson did it seems.   Who knows?

Not sure why a Boycott came up because I didn't even boycott them when Ken Dilger was released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

When have the Jags ever done the smart thing lol?? They also don't need guards I don't think.  Their big issue is their tackles are wretched.

 

Now that I think about it, you're right. Either way though, Lamp won't be there for our pick. Green Bay might even draft him to replace Lang. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Like these expect for Mixon

Look, I will admit that I don't spent hours & hours deciphering draft prospects for INDY. 

 

I would like Joe to fall into our lap though & Jimmy grabs Mixon up. This kid can play & I'm a sucker for redemption cases. INDY's got a strong locker room. We could handle it & show this kid his fullest potential. 

 

He's a good kid who just made a horrible mistake. I just want us to be his 2nd chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think we met with hooker,  But he doesn't have huge off field issues and was also considered a top ten prospect

Ballard says he met with him before the draft.  At the Combine and called him in privately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

 

Not sure why a Boycott came up because I didn't even boycott them when Ken Dilger was released

Not talking about you, but others feel that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

1.  Mixon

2.  Mixon

 

LOL.  Most of the folks on this board forgave Michael Vick.

I wasnt one,  But vick did 18 months in prison.

 

Dogs aren't teenage girls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ballard says he met with him before the draft.  At the Combine and called him in privately.

I didn't see that?    If he met with mixon ,  I haven't heard that either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I didn't see that?    If he met with mixon ,  I haven't heard that either

Not Mixon.  But he spoke on Hooker after he drafted him.

Article is on Stampedeblue somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...