Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you listened to Ballard he explained what he's looking for in a cornerback. He looks for size speed and a history taking the ball away. If you use that criteria here is a list of CB's we are probably looking at. 

Tankersly 6'1 199lbs 9ints

Conley 6' 195lbs 4.44 

Griffin 6 194lbs 4.38 6int's

King 6'3 200lbs 4.43 6 int's

Allen 6'2 215lbs 5int's 

7 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Fabian Monreau? Sidney Jones? 

My computer shut off in the middle of the post  Moreau doesn't take the ball away 3 int's. Jones 8int's  I should have included.

I'm not a fan of drafting a guy that high with that type of injury. If we could get him with one of the 4ths cool but I'm not feeling a day 2 pick. Everyone acts like because he was projected to be one of the top CB he will be. That wasn't true before the injury. The Achilles scares me. It sucks because Jones was one of my favorite CB's 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

My computer shut off in the middle of the post  Moreau doesn't take the ball away 3 int's. Jones 8int's  I should have included.

I'm not a fan of drafting a guy that high with that type of injury. If we could get him with one of the 4ths cool but I'm not feeling a day 2 pick. Everyone acts like because he was projected to be one of the top CB he will be. That wasn't true before the injury. The Achilles scares me. It sucks because Jones was one of my favorite CB's 

Fabian missed time, tore his ACL early in his UCLA career and is still is a freak athlete. Amazing size, speed, and a perfect scheme fit. Great in press man with great mirror technique and strong hand usage. Doesn't have the production but has good ball skills.

IF Sidney falls to #46 he seriously have to consider taking him. A torn Achilles is far from a death sentence in this day and age. On top of that Sidney Jones doesn't rely on his athletic ability to be a great corner, he uses his great technique with his feet and hands, his plus arm length, and his instincts that are better then any other corner in this class. Even if he's a step slower, which I honestly doubt with his mentality, he still could be a top 10 CB in this league I really believe that. Then take Griffin or maybe Conley in the 3rd and they play #2 until Sidney comes back. 

I know you want Dorian in the 3rd, Id love that too but I've got to be honest I dont think hell be there. NFL scouts see what you and I see, he's probably gone by the end of the 2nd at the lastest. 

3 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Fabian missed time, tore his ACL early in his UCLA career and is still is a freak athlete. Amazing size, speed, and a perfect scheme fit. Great in press man with great mirror technique and strong hand usage. Doesn't have the production but has good ball skills.

IF Sidney falls to #46 he seriously have to consider taking him. A torn Achilles is far from a death sentence in this day and age. On top of that Sidney Jones doesn't rely on his athletic ability to be a great corner, he uses his great technique with his feet and hands, his plus arm length, and his instincts that are better then any other corner in this class. Even if he's a step slower, which I honestly doubt with his mentality, he still could be a top 10 CB in this league I really believe that. Then take Griffin or maybe Conley in the 3rd and they play #2 until Sidney comes back. 

I know you want Dorian in the 3rd, Id love that too but I've got to be honest I dont think hell be there. NFL scouts see what you and I see, he's probably gone by the end of the 2nd at the lastest. 

I'm just not a fan of a guy who is always hurt. Out 4-6 months again.   Moreau tape I've seen shows potential but he struggles when the balls in the air. I like King Awuzie Tankersly day 2  Then Griffin and H Wilson in the 4th.  Lewis is another guy I like not sure where he's going. 

Johnson's name is starting to be tossed around but you never know. We need to trade back at least once.