Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will The Saints Win The Sb Next Year On Their Home Turf?

chad72

With the addition of Steve Spags as their DC, and their prolific offense to go with it, does anyone think the Saints will be the first team to win the SB on their home turf next year when the SB is in New Orleans?

They do have road games at Green Bay, Giants, Chargers and Cowboys that probably may impact how home field advantage is decided in the NFC.

They might be probably one of the best shots in history as one can get for a host team, with how well they play at home.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Super_Bowl

"26 of 45 Super Bowls have been played in three cities; New Orleans (nine times), the Greater Miami area (ten times), or the Greater Los Angeles area (seven times)."

Why in the world does New Orleans get ANOTHER Super Bowl!?! Okay, we get it, a flood hit the city, but we need to start diversifying here if Goodell is serious about spreading the NFL.

Why do they "deserve" it over other, arguably better, and newer venues?

Ummm a hurricane kinda wrecked their economy. Then the oil spill fouled things up even more. The city could probably use the financial boost that would come from winning in their own stadium. If you don't think that would be a heart warming story you are a sad sad person.

Ummm a hurricane kinda wrecked their economy. Then the oil spill fouled things up even more. The city could probably use the financial boost that would come from winning in their own stadium. If you don't think that would be a heart warming story you are a sad sad person.

It would be heartwarming if Saints fans wern't extremely rude and obnoxious. FWIW I hope they never win another SB for the rest of their existence.

Why in the world does New Orleans get ANOTHER Super Bowl!?! Okay, we get it, a flood hit the city, but we need to start diversifying here if Goodell is serious about spreading the NFL.

I thought they should have played one there as soon as the infrastructure was capable of supporting it after Katrina. It would have helped to jump start the local economy after the disaster. Plus it would have been a morale boost for the locals. Now it seems like it is too long after the fact to have the same kind of impact.

With the addition of Steve Spags as their DC, and their prolific offense to go with it, does anyone think the Saints will be the first team to win the SB on their home turf next year when the SB is in New Orleans?

They do have road games at Green Bay, Giants, Chargers and Cowboys that probably may impact how home field advantage is decided in the NFC.

They might be probably one of the best shots in history as one can get for a host team, with how well they play at home.

Isnt that what we thouhgt, too??

NOLA 35, Indy -31

Chad, check out the destiny thread. The NFC South/AFC North play the NFC East.

But, they also both play the killer AFC West.....jinx.

By default, the SB winner might be again from the NFC East. Eli might get his third ring next year. Would not shock me either. Unlike last years Packers the Giants will be a top D the following year and might improve actually. And they will have enough on offense to allow Eli to do his thing.

Chad, check out the destiny thread. The NFC South/AFC North play the NFC East.

But, they also both play the killer AFC West.....jinx.

By default, the SB winner might be again from the NFC East. Eli might get his third ring next year. Would not shock me either. Unlike last years Packers the Giants will be a top D the following year and might improve actually. And they will have enough on offense to allow Eli to do his thing.

Giants play best when they are hungry, I wonder about their hunger when their backs are not against the wall. Saints - they are jinx beaters. They broke the "team that has lost to Tampa Bay the last 43 years has not won the SB" jinx, they might beat the "host team cannot win the SB" jinx as well. If they get the No.1 seed, watch out, IMO. Not to mention the calls they get in the Superdome.

Steve Spagnuolos is very underrated as a DC and is not foolhardy like Greg Williams to not make adjustments, he will bring the heat when he needs to and play bend-but-dont-break when he needs to. The Rams were one of the few teams that beat the Saints in the regular season, and guess what, Sean Payton was more than glad to have Spags on his side. If the Saints can even muster a healthy 20 ppg allowed or less in the regular season, with Brees manning the offense, Saints will be mighty hard to beat.

Saints, Packers and Eagles will be more hungry and equally talented as the Giants, IMO.

Giants play best when they are hungry, I wonder about their hunger when their backs are not against the wall. Saints - they are jinx beaters. They broke the "team that has lost to Tampa Bay the last 43 years has not won the SB" jinx, they might beat the "host team cannot win the SB" jinx as well. If they get the No.1 seed, watch out, IMO. Not to mention the calls they get in the Superdome.

Steve Spagnuolos is very underrated as a DC and is not foolhardy like Greg Williams to not make adjustments, he will bring the heat when he needs to and play bend-but-dont-break when he needs to. The Rams were one of the few teams that beat the Saints in the regular season, and guess what, Sean Payton was more than glad to have Spags on his side. If the Saints can even muster a healthy 20 ppg allowed or less in the regular season, with Brees manning the offense, Saints will be mighty hard to beat.

Saints, Packers and Eagles will be more hungry and equally talented as the Giants, IMO.

It will be interesting to see how the Giants handle the Saints at home this year for a change.

As for NO yes, if they get homefield it's scary.

BUT, the jinxes......and the patterns. I am getting sold. :)

And the only team who fits the SB winner based on it all is a team from the East. So the NFC East winner has the best shot.

Brees is aging too. Another top QB who wants another ring.

At some point in time, however, he has to win a road game in the playoffs. Otherwise, that will hurt him and the Saints' reputation too. They are 0-5 in history in road games (or 0-6, not sure of the franchise record). Brees is 5-3 in the playoffs with a loss in every first road game he has played in. But, the last 2 road losses to the Seahawks and 49ers, Brees has gone down swinging. His stats have been real good in the passing game.

One has to also wonder about NFC QBs like Brees and Matt Ryan because they play 4 games inside domes in their division, and unlike Aaron Rodgers, the weather is less of a factor for Brees and Ryan, with the Panthers and Bucs in his division as well. 2 teams in the NFC South, 2 teams in the NFC North, 1 team in the NFC East, and 1 team in the NFC West play inside domes (6 out of 16). The outdoor teams - safe to say Bucs, Panthers, 49ers, Cardinals tend to be warm weather places. The AFC has more outdoor elements to deal with, IMO. So, an outdoor SB might actually favor an AFC team unless the NFC rep is from the Packers, Bears or NFC East folks like Giants, Eagles based on current talent level. Who knows, the Colts, a dome team did take out the Bears in the rain!!! :)

At some point in time, however, he has to win a road game in the playoffs. Otherwise, that will hurt him and the Saints' reputation too. They are 0-5 in history in road games (or 0-6, not sure of the franchise record). Brees is 5-3 in the playoffs with a loss in every first road game he has played in. But, the last 2 road losses to the Seahawks and 49ers, Brees has gone down swinging. His stats have been real good in the passing game.

One has to also wonder about NFC QBs like Brees and Matt Ryan because they play 4 games inside domes in their division, and unlike Aaron Rodgers, the weather is less of a factor for Brees and Ryan, with the Panthers and Bucs in his division as well. 2 teams in the NFC South, 2 teams in the NFC North, 1 team in the NFC East, and 1 team in the NFC West play inside domes (6 out of 16). The outdoor teams - safe to say Bucs, Panthers, 49ers, Cardinals tend to be warm weather places. The AFC has more outdoor elements to deal with, IMO. So, an outdoor SB might actually favor an AFC team unless the NFC rep is from the Packers, Bears or NFC East folks like Giants, Eagles based on current talent level. Who knows, the Colts, a dome team did take out the Bears in the rain!!! :)

I am proud of myself for having picked the Niners to beat the Saints in the playoffs. :) I wanted Niners at Packers all year. I know if it was in NO then the Saints win. I also know that helped the Giants considerably the day before they played the Packers to know they were not going to the voodoo dome. Then again the Giants are great at defying odds so who knows.

Do not forget. The last time the Giants won the SB in a year they "got lucky" in they ended up following it up as the first seed in the NFC. The Eagles broke thier hearts. I felt we were VERY close to the Big Ben/Eli SB I have often wondered if we get some year......

A few days ago like you I was thinking if anyone could host the SB and be in it it's the Saints. And if they did then God help any AFC team who waltzes in. It would be a nightmare of biasedness.

But, today I was thinking. The Saints have the AFC West curse. They have the SB host curse. And no team seems to repeat as winners in the NFC South. Dare the Falcons win the South again? Or even Carolina?

Believe me, I want GB to do it. History may not be on their side though. If they can get back on track on D they have a shot I think again. They will make the playoffs as long as Aaron is healthy (sound familiar Colts fans?).

But, with GB I also worry about with their D, Woodson. He is the heart and soul of the D. If he declines with age it will hurt too. They need pass rush help badly.

I will also watch out for your Eagles.

I am proud of myself for having picked the Niners to beat the Saints in the playoffs. :) I wanted Niners at Packers all year. I know if it was in NO then the Saints win. I also know that helped the Giants considerably the day before they played the Packers to know they were not going to the voodoo dome.

Do not forget. The last time the Giants won the SB in a year they "got lucky" in they ended up following it up as the first seed in the NFC. The Eagles broke thier hearts. I felt we were VERY close to the Big Ben/Eli SB I have often wondered if we get some year......

A few days ago like you I was thinking if anyone could host the SB and be in it it's the Saints. And if they did then God help any AFC team who waltzes in. It would be a nightmare of biasedness.

But, today I was thinking. The Saints have the AFC West curse. They have the SB host curse. And no team seems to repeat as winners in the NFC South. Dare the Falcons win the South again? Or even Carolina?

Believe me, I want GB to do it. History may not be on their side though. If they can get back on track on D they have a shot I think again. They will make the playoffs as long as Aaron is healthy (sound familiar Colts fans?).

But, with GB I also worry about with their D, Woodson. He is the heart and soul of the D. If he declines with age it will hurt too. They need pass rush help badly.

Believe me when I say it - the hated Eagles are going to make a splash by getting to the SB :). Offense wins games to get you to the playoffs. Vick and Maclin going down for games hurt them bad. They will be better prepared next year for it. They don't have to play a division winner schedule. Thus, they play the Lions and Cardinals instead of GB and 49ers, that should help, IMO.

Believe me when I say it - the hated Eagles are going to make a splash by getting to the SB :).

And they would win cause they are not jinxed by patterns.

Fine. Let's settle this during the season. :) You take Eagles. I will take the G Men. Maybe they both make it in.

The last thing we need is Vick winning it all. And if it's Vick vs. Ben God help us all........

You mean you will not want to hear 2 weeks of pre-SB coverage about Vick's path to redemption? :)

Just kidding. Have a good night, Jules.

Complete with extra Dungy footage on his time mentoring him.

And also on the other side you might have Big Ben.

Oh Lord.