Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your all time favorite athletes


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Can be from any and all sports.

 

Mine are:

MJ, Peyton Manning, Mohammed Ali. Three of the greatest ever, IMO

 

1. Peyton Manning - He is the Indianapolis Colts greatest player of all-time. Is the all-time face of the franchise, got the state of Indiana a SuperBowl Championship as starting QB, and changed the state of Indiana to a Football state around the mid 2000's. It had always been about Pro and College Basketball and Racing in Indiana up until the Colts won the SB.

 

2. Reggie Miller - Led us to 6 Eastern Conference Finals appearances and 1 Finals appearance giving the Pacers their only Eastern Conference Championship in 2000. His 1994 and 1995 series vs NY were true classics. 25 point 4th Qtr in Game 5 at NY in the 94 ECFinals to put Indy up 3-2, 8 points in 8 seconds in Game 1 at NY in the 95 Semis to pull off a miracle win - Pacers went on to win that series.

 

3. Kris Bryant - Already is in my Top 3 because the Cubs won the World Series. He won NL League MVP last season and was a huge reason why the Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years. I am a huge Cubs fan. The Cubs winning the World Series for the 1st time in 108 years is absolutely priceless!

 

4. Magic Johnson - The best Leader in any sport I have ever seen. Made everyone around him so much better! Greatest Point Guard of all-time, he could Pass, Score, Rebound, and was extremely Clutch. He help save the league when he came into the NBA in 79/1980. He was so fun to watch with his fancy passes and was pure Showtime + won 5 Championships.

 

5. Andrew Luck - Already, love the guy on and off the field as he is our QB now and is Very Good with the potential to be Great. He has led the Colts to an AFC Title Game appearance already and has had some miracle comeback wins that are classics in his short career. Still love watching the Packers game in 2012, pure great stuff! 

 

-These are my personal favorites (Top 5) since I have been watching sports which has been roughly since the late 70's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Peyton Manning - He is the Indianapolis Colts greatest player of all-time. Is the all-time face of the franchise, got the state of Indiana a SuperBowl Championship as starting QB, and changed the state of Indiana to a Football state around the mid 2000's. It had always been about Pro and College Basketball and Racing in Indiana up until the Colts won the SB.

 

2. Reggie Miller - Led us to 6 Eastern Conference Finals appearances and 1 Finals appearance giving the Pacers their only Eastern Conference Championship in 2000. His 1994 and 1995 series vs NY were true classics. 25 point 4th Qtr in Game 5 at NY in the 94 ECFinals to put Indy up 3-2, 8 points in 8 seconds in Game 1 at NY in the 95 Semis to pull off a miracle win - Pacers went on to win that series.

 

3. Kris Bryant - Already is in my Top 3 because the Cubs won the World Series. He won NL League MVP last season and was a huge reason why the Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years. I am a huge Cubs fan. The Cubs winning the World Series for the 1st time in 108 years is absolutely priceless!

 

4. Magic Johnson - The best Leader in any sport I have ever seen. Made everyone around him so much better! Greatest Point Guard of all-time, he could Pass, Score, Rebound, and was extremely Clutch. He help save the league when he came into the NBA in 79/1980. He was so fun to watch with his fancy passes and was pure Showtime + won 5 Championships.

 

5. Andrew Luck - Already, love the guy on and off the field as he is our QB now and is Very Good with the potential to be Great. He has led the Colts to an AFC Title Game appearance already and has had some miracle comeback wins that are classics in his short career. Still love watching the Packers game in 2012, pure great stuff! 

 

-These are my personal favorites (Top 5) since I have been watching sports which has been roughly since the late 70's.

 

You forgot Doc Gooden. haha

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

You forgot Doc Gooden. haha

 

He is in my Top 10 actually. It crossed my mind when I was doing this list. You read my mind. It was tough leaving off Bob Sanders as well from Top 5 because without him I don't think we win the SB in 2006. I also really like Paul George too, he is the 2nd best player the Pacers have ever had excluding the ABA days, only behind Reggie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gosh, I have had so many...

 

Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater; Robert Griffith (from the 90's)

 

Mets: so many.... David Wright, Jose Reyes

 

Stanford football: Andrew Luck, Kevin Hogan

 

College basketball: Eddie Jones (Temple guard who played for the Lakers)

 

Hockey: Adam Graves (NY Rangers)

 

NBA: Jordan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peyton Manning (obviously)

 

Michael Phelps

 

Wardell Stephen Curry (since that 08 Davidson run; plus growing up playing ball I was always too short to mess with the paint, so his game is basically mine just 1,000 times better)

 

Reggie Wayne ( I love Marvin.. but there's just something about Reggie)

 

Andrew Luck (obviously)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football- Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Ray Lewis

 

Baseball- Anthony Rizzo, Fernando Valenzuela, Frank Thomas

 

Basketball- David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili

 

NCAA- Glenn Robinson

 

UFC- Chuck Liddell, Nate Diaz

 

Boxing- Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya

 

Snowboarding- Sean White, Todd Richards

 

Skateboarding- Tony Hawk, Bam Margera 

 

ok I'll quit there.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

That made me think of another one of my favorite college football players: Kyle Orton. 

Oh yes, watched him play many times at Ross Ade Stadium.....there have been several great athletes that have come through Purdue University. I better add another name to my list that you just reminded me of......

 

NCAA Football- Drew Brees

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GOZER said:

Oh yes, watched him play many times at Ross Ade Stadium.....there have been several great athletes that have come through Purdue University. I better add another name to my list that you just reminded me of......

 

NCAA Football- Drew Brees

Oh how I miss the old days at Ross Ade. Favorite play in Purdue Football history. Hopefully coach Brohm can turn the program back around.

 

https://youtu.be/ayQ4Eh-UezE?t=1h24m3s

 

Anyways, back on topic:

 

NFL: Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

NBA:  Reggie

NCAA: Drew Brees, Mike Alsott, Ryan Kerrigan, Robbie Hummel, Biggie Swangian

Boxing: Mike Tyson

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 8:24 AM, pacolts56 said:

Football - Edgerrin James

Hockey - Bobby Orr

Baseball - Bob Gibson

Basketball - Oscar Robertson 

 

And for this moment of absolute, complete domination.... I gotta give a shout out to Secretariat....

 

 

 

Awesome video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Growing up - Shaq, MJ, Miller (I wasn't into football in my younger years.

 

Now - Luck is my favorite Colt, Rodgers is my favorite non-Colt.

 

All time - Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Andrew Luck

 

I admittedly didn't watch the Colts religiously during the Peyton years, though I did manage to watch the 2006 Super Bowl Season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Growing up - Shaq, MJ, Miller (I wasn't into football in my younger years.

 

Now - Luck is my favorite Colt, Rodgers is my favorite non-Colt.

 

All time - Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Andrew Luck

 

I admittedly didn't watch the Colts religiously during the Peyton years, though I did manage to watch the 2006 Super Bowl Season.

I am hoping Luck can deliver at least 1 SB win for you and all of us, and we start to have these 11 and 12 wins seasons again like it's nothing. If Luck just wins us 1 SB, he will get a statue like Peyton IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2017 at 4:57 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am hoping Luck can deliver at least 1 SB win for you and all of us, and we start to have these 11 and 12 wins seasons again like it's nothing. If Luck just wins us 1 SB, he will get a statue like Peyton IMO.

 

I have no doubt Luck will win one someday. He has the talent. Hopefulyl with Chris Ballard on board the talent he finds is championship contending talent. Heres hoping! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baseball - Tony Gwynn, Trevor Hoffman (both Great, on and off the field. Had the honor to meet both multiple times)

 

Football - LaDainian Tomlinson, Junior Seau, Philip Rivers

 

Hockey - Brett Hull

 

Basketball - MJ, Ray Allen, Gary Payton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...