Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Live 7 Round Mock Draft

PFF did this live 7 round mock that just finished up Wednesday.  It's a lot like the one we're currently doing.  Trades of picks are OK, but they didn't trade players.I liked most of the picks for the Colts (below).  Here's a link for the full results (https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-live-seven-round-mock-draft/).  My thoughts are after each pick.

15. Solomon Thomas, Edge, Stanford: Solomon Thomas is a no brainer at 15.

46. Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M: I don't think a lot of people will like the Justin Evans pick, but I do.  Perhaps the Colts could have traded down and picked up a later Day 3 pick, but I don't think it was a terrible reach.

80. Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi: I'm not very high on Evan Engram so I'm not a huge fan of the pick strictly speaking, but it is a value pick to be sure.  I can't complain about a BPA selection like that one when he's dropped nearly an entire round by most projections.

121.  Jamaal Williams, RB, BYU: Jamaal Williams is the one pick I don't like considering guys like Elijah McGuire, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill Jeremy McNichols and James Conner - all of whom I would rate above Williams - were still on the board.  We reached and didn't even pick the best guy to boot. 

136. Ryan Anderson, Edge, Alabama: I honestly don't see Ryan Anderson slipping this far, but if he did, great pick.  You like guys with Anderson's size to be a little bit quicker than Anderson is, but he's a "horseshoe" guy who will play better than his test scores might indicate - good motor, effort, and will do his job.

143. Kenneth Olugbode, LB, Colorado: This one is a headscratcher for me and we should've taken Alex Anzalone who was still available.  I get PFF is higher on this guy than everyone else, and that usually gets my attention.  I often agree with them on the film when it comes to those guys, but this isn't one of those times.  The one thing I do agree with them on here is when they say he may need to change positions because he can't take on blocks.  Problem is, you can't move him to a safety/slot role because he's not athletic enough.  He doesn't have the length or strength to be a linebacker, let alone move him up as an Edge rusher.  Ipso facto, he doesn't have a place on an NFL defense. 

157. Nazair Jones, DL, North Carolina - I'm not familiar with complex regional pain syndrome, so I wonder how that affects him - if at all.  But as far as teh tape goes,I see a 1 gap early down player who needs to be taken out in nickel formations and obvious passing downs.  A physical player who gives depth on the interior DL.

23 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I like some of these players and don't like others, but the one thing that I dislike most is that there is a grand total of 0 CBs here.

I noticed that, too.  We could've taken Chidobe Awuze with our second round pick.  Would have probably been the better value than Justin Evans.