Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

Cheer Up, Pats Fans

You guys had a great game and a great season. I'm sure Myra Kraft would have been very proud. No one likes to lose a Super Bowl; trust us, we have been there and done that. You guys still made it to the big game, that's something 30 other teams wish they could have said. Keep your heads up and look forward to the draft!

Same here. Im thrilled for the Giants but feel so bad for Robert Kraft. I just wish the season ended good for him. Seeing his face at the end of the game looking up at the final score saddened me..

It was a good season for Pat fans but it was simply not to be. Not this year, not in Indianapolis in the house that Peyton built, not against his brother and your nemesis Eli.

I know it's tough and losing in the Super Bowl sucks. We've been there. But you guys exceeded expectations this year and your team gave you all a nice little ride. Robert Kraft is class all the way. Chin up Pats fans...you know you guys will be back in the mix again next year as usual.

There are some good Pats fans who post regularly on this board who are respectful for the most part and to those guys I offer my sincere condolences. But I'd be lying if I said that I am not thrilled that the Giants won.

Can't ever hate on Kraft, terrific owner and we probably wouldn't have had an NFL season this year without him.

Myra's proud and she's watching.

Let's try to be nice to our Pats fans on the board. There are 50 other threads where people say how happy they are to see them lose. This is intended to be a cheer up thread...let's not forget, we were in their shoes a few years ago

You guys had a great game and a great season. I'm sure Myra Kraft would have been very proud. No one likes to lose a Super Bowl; trust us, we have been there and done that. You guys still made it to the big game, that's something 30 other teams wish they could have said. Keep your heads up and look forward to the draft!

Thank you for saying all this, 21.

I always get so irritated when people talk like the team that lost the SB "sucked". How ignorant.

Also, that look on Kraft's face that they showed in slow-mo as Brady threw the Hail Mary was one of the saddest things I've seen in awhile.

The Patriots have such a great franchise and a solid foundation to hold them up for years to come.

How much longer do you guys think BB will coach? I believe this era of excellence will last as long as he's on board with them, Brady or no Brady.

Let's try to be nice to our Pats fans on the board. There are 50 other threads where people say how happy they are to see them lose. This is intended to be a cheer up thread...let's not forget, we were in their shoes a few years ago

Your right 21isSuperman. I thought about it after I posted it that it might not go over too well but you beat me to it. I self deleted it.

Not only tha,t but it makes us look like complete jealous spiteful losers. I too cheared for the Giants, but anyone who doesn't have respect for what the Brady and the Pats have accomplished ofver the years is a fool.

Thank you for saying all this, 21.

I always get so irritated when people talk like the team that lost the SB "sucked". How ignorant.

Also, that look on Kraft's face that they showed in slow-mo as Brady threw the Hail Mary was one of the saddest things I've seen in awhile.

The Patriots have such a great franchise and a solid foundation to hold them up for years to come.

How much longer do you guys think BB will coach? I believe this era of excellence will last as long as he's on board with them, Brady or no Brady.

I agree with you. Seeing Kraft's face after that pass dropped was really sad. Before the game, I was thinking to myself "you know what, if the Pats do win, at least it'll happen to a very deserving owner"

Yea, the Robert Kraft footage was very sad. He looked so hopeful during the hail mary pass, then when it hit the turf, he looked dejected for a minute, stared at the scoreboard as if to reaffirm it's over, then slowly walked off. I have all the respect in the world for Kraft. If Belichick wasn't the head coach, I'd be rooting for the Patriots every step of the way.

It will be tough on the Patriots to rebound from this. Even some Patriot fans admit they had an easy playoff schedule. The Patriots had a one-way ticket to easy street with the 1st round bye, the extra first round bye against the Broncos (seriously, it's Tim Tebow... come on), and playing against Joe "Skateboard" Flacco's Ravens who the Patriots came dangerously close to losing to anyways. The Giants match-up was the only legitimate tough match on paper, yet they botched it, despite the Giants perceived as under-dogs.

Thanks, hopefully we make it back to the playoffs to give us a chance again.

The Jets and the Bills and of course the Dolphins are going to improve, so it will certainly be a challenge.

We honestly need a big play wide receiver this year.

Our schedule will be tough next year, especially vs the 49ers.

thanks. very nice:)

Actually I feel bad for the team more than myself.. This year they really took to coaching and worked hard.

Yea, the Robert Kraft footage was very sad. He looked so hopeful during the hail mary pass, then when it hit the turf, he looked dejected for a minute, stared at the scoreboard as if to reaffirm it's over, then slowly walked off. I have all the respect in the world for Kraft. If Belichick wasn't the head coach, I'd be rooting for the Patriots every step of the way.

It will be tough on the Patriots to rebound from this. Even some Patriot fans admit they had an easy playoff schedule. The Patriots had a one-way ticket to easy street with the 1st round bye, the extra first round bye against the Broncos (seriously, it's Tim Tebow... come on), and playing against Joe "Skateboard" Flacco's Ravens who the Patriots came dangerously close to losing to anyways. The Giants match-up was the only legitimate tough match on paper, yet they botched it, despite the Giants perceived as under-dogs.

Well apparently 9-7 teams can win a SB. Although I hear its a first.

Well apparently 9-7 teams can win a SB. Although I hear its a first.

Yep, this is the first time a team has less than 10 wins and still wins the Super Bowl

Thanks Guys! I think us Pats fans (Myself included) have gotten spoiled, we EXPECT them to make the SB and EXPECT them to win it. We forget this team over acheived ALL year and were doing so for ONE reason Mr. Kraft and to honour his wife Myra. The truly sad part is they JUST missed winning a SB in her memory.

That said I am going try enjoy the rest of the ride, if the COLTS season did nothing else it should help other fans realize how fast times can change, so shut up and enjoy the ride people lol.

(And I hope the Colts are back next year I missed the rivalry this year.)

Thanks Guys! I think us Pats fans (Myself included) have gotten spoiled, we EXPECT them to make the SB and EXPECT them to win it. We forget this team over acheived ALL year and were doing so for ONE reason Mr. Kraft and to honour his wife Myra. The truly sad part is they JUST missed winning a SB in her memory.

That said I am going try enjoy the rest of the ride, if the COLTS season did nothing else it should help other fans realize how fast times can change, so shut up and enjoy the ride people lol.

(And I hope the Colts are back next year I missed the rivalry this year.)

I've never liked the sentiment of "Lets win this for (insert recently deceased persons name here)". Strictly because if they lose, whats that say?

Thanks guys. It always sucks rebounding from a tough loss, but there have been tougher ones. Nothing will ever match the misery of 18-1!

Anyway, it was a good season and I don't think anyone honestly expected the Patriots to go as far as they did. I know I sure didn't. So while it would have been great to see them win it all, I know that's not how it works out sometimes, and life goes on.

Thanks for the hospitality on the board, as always. Here's to a great season next year.

I have to admit when they showed Robert Kraft's reaction I had to look away. That's a bad job by NBC, some moments should just be private. But the Patriots have another playoff run in them, and they'll be back.

Our schedule will be tough next year, especially vs the 49ers.

Just this morning Cowherd (who is a NE homer) was gloating about how easy the Pats schedule is next year & how they should be precieved as heavy AFC favorites...

Niners are improved, but with the Niners you get, St Louis, Seatle, & Arizona...

Thrilled for the Giants, but I feel terrible for Robert Kraft. He's a great owner and is very much responsible for this season even happening.

I sure dont feel bad for the Pats they have Brady/Bellicheck have been to 5 superbowls together. No sympathy from me....Both hall of fame locks and will prob weasel there way back to one more SB game

I've never liked the sentiment of "Lets win this for (insert recently deceased persons name here)". Strictly because if they lose, whats that say?

The HOLE season was for MHK the SB was sort of the perfect icing on the cake lol

Thanks guys. It always sucks rebounding from a tough loss, but there have been tougher ones. Nothing will ever match the misery of 18-1!

Anyway, it was a good season and I don't think anyone honestly expected the Patriots to go as far as they did. I know I sure didn't. So while it would have been great to see them win it all, I know that's not how it works out sometimes, and life goes on.

Thanks for the hospitality on the board, as always. Here's to a great season next year.

Commiserations my friend, but you said it just right.......and with a healthy Gronk, who knows, just like us with Freeney two years ago. But that's the name of the game. For the neutrals like me, it was a corker!

Commiserations my friend, but you said it just right.......and with a healthy Gronk, who knows, just like us with Freeney two years ago. But that's the name of the game. For the neutrals like me, it was a corker!

Sunday night is why they make single-malt scotch.

It was a heck of a game, wasn't it?