Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jon Bostic

Everyone

2 hours ago, Shive said:

Ballard has already gone on record saying that it doesn't matter where you come from or where you were drafted (or not drafted), all that matters is what you do on the field. Unless Morrison is lights out amazing come training camp, I don't see him starting over Jackson.

The problem is...     as best as I can tell....     Morrison is the MIKE and Edwin Jackson is the WILL.

So,  assuming that's true,   I don't see them as competing with each other....     I think Bostic was brought in to compete with Morrison while Jackson competes with Spence.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'll have to go watch the tape now.

Let me know what you see. I have only seen the Senior Bowl. I remember him having a nice game vs OSU too. 

For a guy who wasn't athletic he had a great combine. He was top's in bench press 27x. The surprising times 1st short shuttle 4.13 3rd 60 yard shuttle 11.58 7th vertical 34.5 9th 3 cone and 12th broad jump. His 40 time was not so impressive 4.75. 

Blair Brown was just ahead of Davis on the SPRAQ at #6. Duke Riley was 14th. A couple of guys who didn't fair so well McMillan 34 and Anzalone 52. I've never been excited about Anzalone. He'd be a steal if he was able to do something he's never done. I do like Riley. SPARQ isn't the end all but here it is. 

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/lb/

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Neither should start and probably wont start. Morrison has more upside though. Jackson is severely overrated by this board.

Morrison has more upside?  Yeah, he just needs to learn how to channel all that athleticism.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

Let me know what you see. I have only seen the Senior Bowl. I remember him having a nice game vs OSU too. 

For a guy who wasn't athletic he had a great combine. He was top's in bench press 27x. The surprising times 1st short shuttle 4.13 3rd 60 yard shuttle 11.58 7th vertical 34.5 9th 3 cone and 12th broad jump. His 40 time was not so impressive 4.75. 

Blair Brown was just ahead of Davis on the SPRAQ at #6. Duke Riley was 14th. A couple of guys who didn't fair so well McMillan 34 and Anzalone 52. I've never been excited about Anzalone. He'd be a steal if he was able to do something he's never done. I do like Riley. SPARQ isn't the end all but here it is. 

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/lb/

First thing I noticed on tape was that he's an amazing blitzer. He did it a lot in college and you can see why. 2nd I noticed that his closing speed is really good. The conclusion I got was that in a straight line, he's fast as all hell. It's moving laterally that he struggles. Didn't see much in coverage but not many LBs are asked to cover in college. But if he can translate his good instincts in the run game to the pass then he can overcome his athletic limitations. He's likely a 2 down LB early on but I see the potential.

On 4/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, ColtsArmy84 said:

I think we will still draft an ILB

Yes, but maybe not round 1, depending on who is still there...

On 4/20/2017 at 4:13 PM, ColtsArmy84 said:

I think we can take ILB out of the 1st round equation now. EDGE, CB or RB it is

True, I see Barnett taken if he is there, or maybe Lamp to move in at guard....  CB in round 2...   ILB will get a draft pick at some point though.

Lokking at his acquisitions thus far, It's apparent to me Ballard isn't going to put up with being a soft team against the run and listen to the proverbial media heads with their  "punch the Colts in the mouth" rhetoric...

But you need pass rush and CB's to defend against 11 personnel with the necessary Nickel Sub package (around 60 to 65% of snaps these days at times!) Thus my feelings at this point above.

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

First thing I noticed on tape was that he's an amazing blitzer. He did it a lot in college and you can see why. 2nd I noticed that his closing speed is really good. The conclusion I got was that in a straight line, he's fast as all hell. It's moving laterally that he struggles. Didn't see much in coverage but not many LBs are asked to cover in college. But if he can translate his good instincts in the run game to the pass then he can overcome his athletic limitations. He's likely a 2 down LB early on but I see the potential.

That shuttle times say he should move better laterally. I still want to watch him but I like the kid if we don't get a MLB the first 2 days. 

On 4/20/2017 at 4:09 PM, MarquisJ said:

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

I think they may draft two CBs.

I have been told I am a bit of a pessimist but I have been reading a fair amount of positive reviews across the internet about the left side of our OL so now what the hey ....I believe in Castonzo....Mewhort.....Kelly. Ballard is probably got OL on his list of possible first picks but when choice time arrives might be best player on board at that time is what he ends up doing.....GO COLTS !