Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jon Bostic

Everyone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

Just now, MarquisJ said:

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

They could draft 3 CBs haha

7 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

There are not any good young CBS out there on the FA market

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Every time Ballard signs a 25 year old LB, a bad Grigson signing get it's wings and goes to heaven.

:spit:            

One of the funniest lines written on this website in the 5-years that I've been a member!

BRAVO!!         That's going to be hard to beat for Post of the Day!

:colts:

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It just keeps becoming more and more reasonable to take a RB in the first. Not saying it would be better than getting a CB like Conley, but having McCafree or Dalvin Cook doesn't sound bad to me either.  

I agree.  I can't see them passing on McCaffrey or Cook if they are there and i think one of them will be.

K looked it up, guy was a 2nd round pick of the Bears.  Played with them for a couple years was traded away for a 6th to the Pats who traded him away for a 7th to the Lions.

Fortunately I work with a guy who's a Bears fan.  The lowdown I got on him was this.

A bust in the 2nd round.

Poor in coverage but decent run stopper

Hits very hard when he does make contact.  

Should only be used as depth, not a good starter.  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

This doesn't keep the team from drafting ILB.   He hasn't lived up to his pre draft hype.  He has been traded twice in his short career.   He is here to compete.  

Agreed I doubt this guy is guaranteed a roster spot, much less a starting job.  

21 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

He keeps going after defensive players I like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thanks for sharing.   I wonder what these stats really tell us, since it is only for plays where the receiver is targeted.   I can't speak for last year, but the popular take I get from Colts fans is that Brissett was too conservative in his decision making and didn't push the ball downfield.  The stats you provided show that the receivers were open last year when they were targeted, but I wonder how open they were getting on all routes...I honestly don't know.  I assume Rivers makes more tight window throws than Brissett, and often times successfully, so I would expect that to skew the separation stats downward slightly for this season.
    • Yeah, it's only must win if you want a winning season.   After this game, I see at best the Colts winning  4 of 9.  Bal, Pitt, GB unlikely. Split with TN and HOU, a very tough battle out in LV.  Jax will likely be the decider for the playoffs.  Even at 4-2 we're still in 7th.  We lost the tie breaker with the Browns who most likely will be there with us so we have to be a game up and LV at the end will also trying to squeak in which makes them a must win also for tie breaker reasons. If we lose this one, we have to beat one of the big 3 left and sweep either Hou or TN.  That could be done, but for me the trouble is scoring enough.  We need to be able to score 30+ in a bunch of games coming up.  Detroit might be the first as I think Galloway is rounding back into form and Swift finally has heated up as well.   I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.   In the end, we likely will win a game that looks unwinnable, but lose one we think we have in the bag.  If that holds true, this game is a must win because going over .500 the rest of the way seems unlikely.  An injury to one of those team's QBs would change everything, but status quo looks more daunting.  We also need to be scoring 30+ to beat these teams for the most part.  Houston, by the way, has played most of their toughest games.  TN, like us, has a lot of tough games left.  I could still see them losing 5+ more games but doubt we win 5+ more after this week.  Our head to heads start with an away Thurs game after a brutal Bal game the Sunday before.  We've been scheduled for way more Away Thursday games than any other team in history.  If I remember right, we've only hosted on Thursday 3 times, one of which was the infamous Thanksgiving game against Pitt.  We caught a little break in that TN originally had their Bye week just before our game but now have to play their make up game with Bal that was shifted to that week.     I wouldn't be surprised to find us playing either KC, Pitt or Bal in the playoffs whether we win the division or finish as the #7 seed.  I don't like our chances with a fading QB.     Record and Scoring Ave.   @Det: 3-3 26.0 Bal: 5-1 29.83 @TN: 5-1 31.33 GB: 5-1 32.8 TN: 5-1 31.33 @Hou: 1-6 27.66 @LV: 3-3  28.5 Hou: 1-6 27.66 @Pitt: 6-0  30.5 Jax: 1-6 25.66   We are averaging 26.16 against some of the worst defenses in the league and some of our scoring has been our defense.    Based on that? This is a MUST win game to make the playoffs AND not be playing Bal or Pit or KC.  If it were a bet, I say this is a pick 'em game.  It's not, and as such I would take the points.  I think the team with the last possession with time (versus less than the 60 seconds that Stafford needs) wins.  I also think for the Colts to win, our Defense has to score. I think if we lose this game, we will have to sweep TN to make the playoffs (because of that dang loss to Jax and the need for the divisional tie breaker).     Lions 31-30 Colts  (Hope I am wrong).  
    • Brissett is a decent backup QB (look around - he’s perhaps the very best backup QB available given he knows Colts system and can step right in) - and any team with playoff aspirations needs two capable QB in case starter is injured (for a few plays or longer).  Having one would leave us exposed.  Trading Brissett for a draft pick is shortsighted.  He would command very little in return and whatever we would get would be a draft pick in the future.  
    • No way is Cam a HOFamer unless he puts up huge numbers over the next 5 years or wins a SB, he isn't getting in. He had 1 spectacular season which was in 2015 but stunk in the SB. Rivers has 60,000 yards passing and would've made a SB in 2007 had it not been for Tom Brady. He lost in the AFC Title Game.
    • I picked the Dodgers to win it all, almost seems rigged for them because they have choked so much and this silly year. I hope the Rays can come back but I doubt it.
  • Members