Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jon Bostic

Everyone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

Just now, MarquisJ said:

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

They could draft 3 CBs haha

7 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

There are not any good young CBS out there on the FA market

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Every time Ballard signs a 25 year old LB, a bad Grigson signing get it's wings and goes to heaven.

:spit:            

One of the funniest lines written on this website in the 5-years that I've been a member!

BRAVO!!         That's going to be hard to beat for Post of the Day!

:colts:

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It just keeps becoming more and more reasonable to take a RB in the first. Not saying it would be better than getting a CB like Conley, but having McCafree or Dalvin Cook doesn't sound bad to me either.  

I agree.  I can't see them passing on McCaffrey or Cook if they are there and i think one of them will be.

K looked it up, guy was a 2nd round pick of the Bears.  Played with them for a couple years was traded away for a 6th to the Pats who traded him away for a 7th to the Lions.

Fortunately I work with a guy who's a Bears fan.  The lowdown I got on him was this.

A bust in the 2nd round.

Poor in coverage but decent run stopper

Hits very hard when he does make contact.  

Should only be used as depth, not a good starter.  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

This doesn't keep the team from drafting ILB.   He hasn't lived up to his pre draft hype.  He has been traded twice in his short career.   He is here to compete.  

Agreed I doubt this guy is guaranteed a roster spot, much less a starting job.  

21 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

He keeps going after defensive players I like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I feel (or the majority) of these injuries would still have happened anyway, but would have occurred in OTA's or training camp. Thus noted but much less noticeable.
    • Oh my goodness.  Its not an either or thing.  Perennial playoff contenders have elite talent disbursed throughout the different spots on the field.  They can't just load up on the LOS.   We've seen the impact of having JAGs as ball handlers.  We've had a rotation of nobody's at the receiving position for years and nonversatile RBs who are only good at running between the tackles (for the most part)...spanning two GMs ...and Luck's entire NFL career.  Luck had to carry the O with no real help.    Nice to see we finally got the stud interior DL we haven't had for 10 years.  Now its on to other needed positions.
    • So 2 of their starting WRs are out, and one of the number 2s is questionable.  They are basically down to one healthy starter (Hoagan), a questionable depth guy, and one healthy depth guy. Josh Malone has been signed to the active roster.   Starting RT is out, starting C is questionable.    Gotta feel sorry for Darnold. Not really. Hope we crush him lol.    
    • I agree with the WR statement, not necessarily a high first round pick  Then again, Pittman isn't really a take-the-top-off the defense type of WR like TY is, and Ballard spent a very high second on him.    Reich's offense is supposed to be about disbursing the ball around with plays schemed to assist non-stud pass catchers, more so than the offense we used to have.  But any NFL offense needs playmakers who can do something with the ball once they get it.     Having mid level talented skilled position players is sort of what we've had, and the lack of individual playmaking puts too much pressure on the QB and play caller executing the correct play.  Coaches benefit from having a player who can make two moves and go 60 yards by themselves, and they tend to not be found in mid to late rounds.   Also agreed about CB.  The zone scheme doesn't need a shut down corner like VD.  The scheme does need a 3 tech on the dline, and a better pass rush, so its nice to see the investment of pick 13 into a position that matters with the Buckner acquisition.   Personally, I think the pass rush can be done by committee.  Even great players get gassed.  But there should be one DE along with Buckner that the defense has to account for when he's in the game.  I think that player requires a first round investment.   I've always been less enthused about the need for a stud TE.  I think the plamaking pass catchers should be the WRs and versatile RBs, but to get the kind of TEs the NFL seems to want, I think its going to take a pretty high pick.   And then there is AC's retirement looming.  Always need a 1st rounder for a LT if you want him to start as a rookie, unless dumb luck lets one drop out of tree.
    • I really don't give 2 sheets about Ebron, but it's still all speculation. We don't know what the argument was.   But as I've said before, going from a guy who was our primary red zone target, to only getting 3 targets inside the 10 in 11 games in 2019 is pretty WTH, especially given our problems on O. And aside from his 3 drops in the Oakland game, he was pretty good (0 drops in the Pitt game and 3 games leading up to it) afterwards.    IMO, the writing was on the wall in terms of him not being extended. I don't blame him for going and getting his body taken care of if he knows he's not coming back. It's business.   At Pitt so far, he's got 4 catches for 61 yards, and 3 of those are for 1st downs. He's also had 2 drops.    
  • Members

• Coltpwr

Coltpwr 0

Rookie
    • IndyD4U

IndyD4U 3,196

• UKColt13

UKColt13 1,437

• Dogg63

Dogg63 928

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 1,780