Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jon Bostic

Everyone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

Just now, MarquisJ said:

Seems Mr.Ballard is on a mission to adding extreme competition at areas of need i like it! Just wish more competition was at CB but maybe he has players he likes in upcoming draft.. *cough cough* GAREON CONLEY!!!! sorry i cough loud

They could draft 3 CBs haha

7 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

There are not any good young CBS out there on the FA market

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Every time Ballard signs a 25 year old LB, a bad Grigson signing get it's wings and goes to heaven.

:spit:            

One of the funniest lines written on this website in the 5-years that I've been a member!

BRAVO!!         That's going to be hard to beat for Post of the Day!

:colts:

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It just keeps becoming more and more reasonable to take a RB in the first. Not saying it would be better than getting a CB like Conley, but having McCafree or Dalvin Cook doesn't sound bad to me either.  

I agree.  I can't see them passing on McCaffrey or Cook if they are there and i think one of them will be.

K looked it up, guy was a 2nd round pick of the Bears.  Played with them for a couple years was traded away for a 6th to the Pats who traded him away for a 7th to the Lions.

Fortunately I work with a guy who's a Bears fan.  The lowdown I got on him was this.

A bust in the 2nd round.

Poor in coverage but decent run stopper

Hits very hard when he does make contact.  

Should only be used as depth, not a good starter.  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

This doesn't keep the team from drafting ILB.   He hasn't lived up to his pre draft hype.  He has been traded twice in his short career.   He is here to compete.  

Agreed I doubt this guy is guaranteed a roster spot, much less a starting job.  

21 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

He keeps going after defensive players I like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That's on the upper end of WR2 money. Gonna say their calcs are off lol... Pascal is a great depth guy, but IMO he's too much of a tweener. Runs great routes, but isn't fast, and lacks some of the measurables. If he was faster, he'd make a great slot or Z. If he were bigger, he'd make a great X. He's just caught in between as a small X or slow/big slot. I'd say he's more 3/4, than 4/5. I'd love to keep him as that 4 guy. Just my opinion, but I think he'd make a good possession slot. Burton is getting those reps now. Will be interesting to see the re-shuffle once Pittman gets back at X.
    • Yup. Has zero to do with race, and everything to do with his ability to read, progress, etc.. Good guy and all, just not very good. Wasn't really that good in college either. He's likely better off in another scheme to be honest where there is less focus on reads and progressions. Chud's O was probably better suited for him as it's more throw-to-spot, than read, progress, and make a bunch of decisions. But to bring race into the discussion is silly given most of the top QBs in the league (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Watson, etc.). Nobody cares about that.
    • https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/zach-pascal-22405/market-value/   i can’t believe Pascal’s perceived contract value is being shown at 8.4 million avg and 4yrs. That is a lot of money for a guy who really hasn’t put together an entire season or even really half of a season with numbers that make you feel he has more to his ceiling. He at times has made some plays and looked like is he breaking out and then he levels back out. He is a usable 4/5th receiver imho but nowhere near 8 million $/yr. wow! 
    • He wasn't horrible. He had the lowest completion rate of DBs in his limited time. He did look lost at times, but that's to be expected for a rook changing positions. Keep in mind Tell was a FS at USC, and converted to CB last year. He's built like a tall corner, so filling in for Moore at NB probably wasn't ideal. Can he play NB, IDK. He was never physical in college. He's also not fast (4.6ish). He did score well in agility in the shuttle though.   I really don't know where he'll fit. Not fast enough IMO to play CB1 or CB2. Not sure if he's physical enough to play NB or SS. Probably fine to play split safety in a two high. If he could toughen up, could be good at NB, dime, or SS, but he was never that guy in college. Perhaps a rona year hitting the weights will help. 
    • Brissett was given every opportunity to prove himself to the coaches and GM and he failed.  He's a good back up QB and that is where he is at.  He had 2 seasons and was given a huge pay check.   He is an average starter at best.   Bringing race into this discussion is stupid.   
  • Members

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 59

• Jdubu

Jdubu 1,624

• Mel Kiper's Hair

Mel Kiper's Hair 2,024

• Taylor5free

Taylor5free 3

Rookie
    • NannyMcafee

NannyMcafee 2,085