Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WSO

Should The Pats Start Looking For Brady's Successor?

*Title should be successor not replacement*

This has no bearing on the outcome of the SB but moreso that Brady will be 35 entering this upcoming season. The Colts will almost certainly have Mannings successor drafted in a couple months. I just see that its logical the Patriots would follow suit within a year or two. I know Brady said he wants to play till he is 40. . but as we have seen with Manning, injuries happen. What do you think?

They have his replacement, his name is Ryan Mallet. Did you see him play in pre-season? I was impressed. His talent level seems to be better than Matt Cassel, IMO.

If they keep their system and their focus on O-line drafting as always, Ryan Mallet will be well protected with balance on O and can be as good as Matt Ryan, if not Tom Brady for them, IMO.

*Title should be successor not replacement*

This has no bearing on the outcome of the SB but moreso that Brady will be 35 entering this upcoming season. The Colts will almost certainly have Mannings successor drafted in a couple months. I just see that its logical the Patriots would follow suit within a year or two. I know Brady said he wants to play till he is 40. . but as we have seen with Manning, injuries happen. What do you think?

Changed the title for ya.

Brady is a couple of years younger than Manning and hasn't had an injury as bad as a nerve injury. I think the Pats can wait a couple more years before drafting his successor, but they do have Mallett on the team. Mallett was a very good college QB, his major knocks were that he wasn't very athletic (neither is Brady or Peyton) and that he wasn't very mature. I'm sure spending time with Belichick and Brady has helped to solve the maturity issues. So he could be a very good QB in the NFL

I think if the pats do decide to go with Mallet as Bradys successor, he will start at around somewhere between age 27-29.. Jmo ofcourse. I think brady still has a few years

Just dont think it will be that hard to replace a good system QB, as far as they can find someone willing to work hard. And BB is always able to do a good job finding the right guy.

Anyway it is not even 50% a problem of looking for QB to replace #18.