Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Brady Lost His Drive?

cokomenow

It was by invite only party held by Bob Kraft, so wasnt like they went out to a club or something. That said I wasn't mad, or even upset the season is over do whatever you have to get the terrible taste out of your mouth.

Yep. I had some issue with this at first, but once it was put into the proper context, it seemed just fine.

Though I must say, for Kraft to plan a bash right after the SB seemed a tad bit arrogant, as if he assumed they'd win. Why not plan the party for later in the week?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I had some issue with this at first, but once it was put into the proper context, it seemed just fine.

Though I must say, for Kraft to plan a bash right after the SB seemed a tad bit arrogant, as if he assumed they'd win. Why not plan the party for later in the week?

I think (and I have absolutely no proof) he wanted throw them a huge Party for having such a great year (which was extra special to him because it was dedicated to his departed wife.) And he probably wanted as many as possible to attend, and figured later in the week either be to busy w a championship parade, or wanting get out and forget that most wouldnt show... Just my feeling .

I think (and I have absolutely no proof) he wanted throw them a huge Party for having such a great year (which was extra special to him because it was dedicated to his departed wife.) And he probably wanted as many as possible to attend, and figured later in the week either be to busy w a championship parade, or wanting get out and forget that most wouldnt show... Just my feeling .

You're probably correct. It just boggles me slightly that it didn't occur to him or his advisers that it might not be seen as a cool thing to do if they lost? From what I've read on the various Pats forums and such, the Pats fans didn't give a ____.

You're probably correct. It just boggles me slightly that it didn't occur to him or his advisers that it might not be seen as a cool thing to do if they lost? From what I've read on the various Pats forums and such, the Pats fans didn't give a ____.

I am willing give The Krafts a pass considering the loss they had. (You could tell Bob Kraft didnt have the same energy as years passed even when they won.) As for their advisors they should have said something. but it is what it is.

Where did I say anything wrong or how am I uptight? I simply asked an honest question. No one here is forcing you to read or answer what I post.

well you said

"I got a question for the Patriots fans. . .were any of you ticked off by Gronk and whoever else partying after the loss? To me, If I saw the Colts partying after the 2009 loss I'd be ticked off. It just doesn't seem right. . .I understand maybe taking a vacation a week later or whatever but right after the SB? hmmm"

You asked, You got a response. You (and not just you btw) think its inappropiate.

You'd be ticked off? Typical sympton of the PCs.

You can party anytime anywhere you want as long as you're not hurting people. But you think you have to wait a week. Who cares..what does it matter? Why is it even a subject?

...but it is what it is.

Which in reality is nothing. They had a party after the Super Bowl. There is nothing arrogant or cocky about that. At that point, the game was over and nothing was going to change the outcome. That's the one thing that you know for certain going into the Super Bowl. Once that game is over, the season is finished and there is nothing left to prepare for. If the owner wants to schedule a party directly after the Super Bowl, so what? It doesn't make a difference in terms of what happens during the game.....which is what I care about as a fan. Now, if he had scheduled a party for the Saturday night before the Super Bowl, I would have a problem with that.

This kind of reminds me of all the criticism of Eli in the NY media before he won his first Super Bowl with the Giants. They used to call him "Aw Shucks" in the media because he would throw a pick and then trot off the field with this "oh well" type of demeanor. He was criticized to no end because he didn't get mad enough (or at least didn't appear to get mad enough in the eyes of fans) after throwing a pick. A lot of fans wanted to release him or let him go in FA because he didn't have the "fire" to lead the team (i.e. he didn't yell and slam his helmet on the ground after failing to pick up a 1st down). This always bewildered me......not because I thought Eli was all that great of a QB but because of the reason that they were upset. To me, I care whether or not he throws the INT in the first place.....not how he reacts to it (as long as his reaction isn't causing animosity and disrupting the team). A lot of fans seemed to care more about his reaction to the INT than the fact that he threw it to begin with.....kind of like showing more visible signs of anger afterward would have somehow made it okay with them. Doesn't make sense to me.

yes and no.

The yes,

The guy was alwasy driven by peoples opinion of him an opinion that wasn't alwasy great.

I saw a doc about Brady. He always had to prove himself. In Highschool, at Michigan and even in NE.

Once public opinion is "hes the greatest" and hes married to Gizelle, there was little motivation to improve.

The no.

I do still think he has a terrific work ethic, hes a perfectionist. I've seen him get all fired up on teh sidelines in 2011. I know he still has passion. Hes D just sucked.