Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st rd.pick defense or offense?

I'm hoping we find a play maker edge rusher or a start day one corner at #15.

If the none of the top 3 at those positions are still there I would not be very upset with us picking up Lamp.

The only RBs I would consider taking at #15 would be Fournette, McCaffrey or maybe Cook. I really don't see us taking a RB that early unless it's one of those three.

So I gues my shorter answer would be: Defense

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I'm hoping we find a play maker edge rusher or a start day one corner at #15.

If the none of the top 3 at those positions are still there I would not be very upset with us picking up Lamp.

The only RBs I would consider taking at #15 would be Fournette, McCaffrey or maybe Cook. I really don't see us taking a RB that early unless it's one of those three.

So I gues my shorter answer would be: Defense

I think one of those three will be available at 15.  Fournette, Mccaffrey or Cook. 

I know a lot of people like Foster but I just read an article stating he is falling on many draft boards.  Very poor interviews being mentioned along with poor workouts among other concerns.  Having a hard time understanding defensive schemes and responsibilities.  Something to keep an eye on as more information might come out as we get closer. 

This is a tough one, with so many needs... I don't know enough about the RBs to know if the Colts would be smart to draft one in the 1st... but I wouldn't be upset with just the BPA strategy... or, if there is a player they are specifically honing in on, trading back in the first to accumulate more pics in the 2-4th rounds...

It will be fun to see what our new GM does.

Please god just not another WR...

Is this question a joke?

Defense all the way. We can't keep ignoring that side of the ball with our premium picks.

We're already going to have more 1st rounders playing on the o-line than we do on out WHOLE defense! To be successful we have to correct that balance. 

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

40 times are overrated. Shutdown CB at Florida who ran his 40's on a bad hamstring according to Ian Rap. 

I like tabor but. 4.7 40 corner at 15 seems like a big risk.  Id think you can get him later. 

People saying BPA know it's BPA on our board. Not Kiper, McShay or anyone else, right?

So there should be no complaints from them no matter who we take, since he was obviously the BPA on the Colts board.

No complaints!  I'm taking names!   

(BTW, I say BPA.  But I'll be the first hypocrite.)

No, the question is not a joke. Our running game is a joke though. That's why I brought it up. We still have 20 mil. to play with.I'm sure a quality rb will be released and we could sign him. If we with go with  1 off. lineman in draft and the rest def. players that would be way to go possibly. 

Over the last 6 years we've spent 12 high picks on offense and just 5 on defense. Five. Not even one a year. I doubt there's another team in the league who have neglected their D as much as we have.

Of those 5 players there are 3 that aren't even on the roster any more.

Should we be surprised that the defense is so terrible? 

There is absolutely no question where we need to invest in the draft this year.

I think its one of these options

marlon humphrey since we still havent filled the CB2 spot and I doubt anyone wants to see melvin start

Forrest Lamp if we want haeg to play the joe reitz position of being a swiss army knife 

Dalvin Cook which I doubt especially if we are interested in mixon and its not a smokescreen

trade down if all the above are gone. 

Foster isnt really a possibly imo unless we trade up because I cant see him getting past the browns 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

People saying BPA know it's BPA on our board. Not Kiper, McShay or anyone else, right?

So there should be no complaints from them no matter who we take, since he was obviously the BPA on the Colts board.

No complaints!  I'm taking names!   

(BTW, I say BPA.  But I'll be the first hypocrite.)

I reserve the right to complain but that is no indication of success.  I complained about James and Wayne and was thrilled with the Richardson trade.