Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli > Brady!

18Manning

Glad to see I am not the only one that sees the irony in a Colts fan using the ringz and wins arguement.

Actually, I meant to add something to my original post. I don't think Eli > Brady. I was playing devil's advocate. Only a few nights before the Super Bowl, I was arguing (in a forum) with a couple of Brady fans that didn't think Peyton was a great QB. They kept pointing out the fact Peyton has "only" 1 ring and Brady has 3. Their only qualification for being a great QB was the number of rings. Winning the Super Bowl is of course a team-effort.

Although you would have to give some credence as Eli has his rings defeating the Pats under Brady.

Thats a weak argument as well because for HOW LONG did the Patriots have the Colts number? As your fellow colt fans will say the QB do not play eachother the Giants team under Eli was better than the Pats team under Brady THAT game.

Brady was 20/24 for 201yds and 2 td's including the record setting 16 completions in a row before Tuck sacked him and injured his shoulder. Pretty hard to say Eli outplayed Brady in this one. Eli played great and well enough to win but he needed some lucky breaks as well. The Giants fumbled 3 times but were lucky enough to get them all back. Eli wasted 2 timeouts on the same drive in the 4th when the Giants were behind. Manningham makes a spectacular catch (the throw was perfect as well) on the last drive when he's not known for catching that kind of pass near the sideline.

Thats a weak argument as well because for HOW LONG did the Patriots have the Colts number?

What? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying the Pats have played better than the Colts? I would agree.

As your fellow colt fans will say the QB do not play eachother

I agree with you here too. IMO Peyton is better than Tom Brady. It has nothing to do with the number of rings as that requires the entire team.

the Giants team under Eli was better than the Pats team under Brady THAT game.

You mean the ONLY GAME THAT COUNTS?

Brady was 20/24 for 201yds and 2 td's including the record setting 16 completions in a row before Tuck sacked him and injured his shoulder. Pretty hard to say Eli outplayed Brady in this one. Eli played great and well enough to win but he needed some lucky breaks as well. The Giants fumbled 3 times but were lucky enough to get them all back. Eli wasted 2 timeouts on the same drive in the 4th when the Giants were behind. Manningham makes a spectacular catch (the throw was perfect as well) on the last drive when he's not known for catching that kind of pass near the sideline.

In the end the Giants won. Every team gets "lucky breaks" that's just part of the game. Are you arguing records by individuals or what? All kinds of records happen in many games for many players. It only matters who wins. Each of the Pat's Super Bowl wins was by only 3 points. 1 "lucky break" the other way for the opposing team and it's not a Pat's win. Like I said though, it's all part of the game.

Thats a weak argument as well because for HOW LONG did the Patriots have the Colts number? As your fellow colt fans will say the QB do not play eachother the Giants team under Eli was better than the Pats team under Brady THAT game.

...and the other 2 games in the 2011 season in which Eli and the Giants beat Brady and the Pats.