Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we the "mystery team"

On 4/9/2017 at 9:44 AM, bananabucket said:

It was a completely serious statement. The man basically said so himself.  He isnt willing to spend to bring in good FAs.  It's a statement of fact. 

I think I'm alright on the football knowledge part, thanks though. 

That's an interesting interpretation of what Ballard has said. 

On 4/9/2017 at 9:44 AM, bananabucket said:

It was a completely serious statement. The man basically said so himself.  He isnt willing to spend to bring in good FAs.  It's a statement of fact. 

I think I'm alright on the football knowledge part, thanks though. 

It's not a statement of fact because Ballard never said that.     You know who else never said that?     Every GM since the NFL was invented.      No GM would ever say that they "didn't want good players."     That's Fan-Boy nonsense.

I tried to find your quote....    went back to March 1.

This is as close a quote as I could find....    from early March......

“You can’t buy a locker room,” Ballard says. “I won’t say we won’t do (free agency) but if we do, we’ve got to be right on the person we bring in that locker room. If you give a guy an absurd amount of money and he has a character flaw, you’ve sent a message to your locker room that (character) doesn’t matter.

But you insist that he said it,  so please,  educate us all....   find the quote....    either written,  or spoken and post it here....      provider a link....    back up your claim....    I'd love to see that....

It's not that we can't stand anything but praise,  it's that we can't stand people who twist words into the wrong meaning.