Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, about that, you're $3m over the cap, even using the top 51 number. The NFL Management Council is shedding your biggest contracts, one by one, until you're under the cap. First to go is Cam Newton...

there goes the franchise

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, about that, you're $3m over the cap, even using the top 51 number. The NFL Management Council is shedding your biggest contracts, one by one, until you're under the cap. First to go is Cam Newton...

Not my problem!!! :)

19 minutes ago, Superman said:

At #22, the Dolphins select Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan

I may have missed a trade, but I think this is the correct order:

@GOZER, the Giants are on the clock for #23. 

@DaColts85 Raiders #24

@OffensivelyPC Texans #25

@21isSuperman Panthers #26

@PrincetonTiger Chiefs #27

Thanks for the reminder

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

That would be the most likely outcome, unless the Panthers submitted a corresponding transaction that would bring them under the salary cap.

I am sure they are cutting ties with Luke Kuechly or Kawann Short. :thmup:

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

With the 24th pick the Raiders select Tre White. CB LSU

Is it just me or no matter what kind of secondary the Raiders invest from the draft, does everyone else feel their secondary coaching leaves much to be desired?

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

With the 25th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans take, Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina.

@21isSuperman the team you manage which I forget at this moment in time, is on the clock.

It is Da trading superheroes Panthers!!! :) 

If McCaffrey fell this far, and the Panthers were projected in mock drafts to take Fournette at #8 originally, I don't think they did that bad then coming down to #26. Of course, the Chiefs are looking to replace Jamaal Charles as well. You see what I am doing, putting thoughts into people's heads, hope it works. :) 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If McCaffrey fell this far, and the Panthers were projected in mock drafts to take Fournette at #8 originally, I don't think they did that bad then coming down to #26. Of course, the Chiefs are looking to replace Jamaal Charles as well. You see what I am doing, putting thoughts into people's heads, hope it works. :) 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I uhh...can admit defest when I know it, but right now, I dont have a clue what you are talking about...no offense.

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I uhh...can admit defest when I know it, but right now, I dont have a clue what you are talking about...no offense.

I am setting the table for pick #32 for Da New Orleans Saints. The rest, you need to check the trades section. :) 

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not my problem!!! :)

There was some really really really fine print in the trade agreement that said the Seahawks agree to retain 100% of the salaries......

42 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

@Superman could certainly correct me,  but I think the league would have denied that trade.   I'm not positive

41 minutes ago, Superman said:

That would be the most likely outcome, unless the Panthers submitted a corresponding transaction that would bring them under the salary cap.

Sorry, jvan, I didn't mean to be rude.  I wasn't ignoring you.  I just had to wait until my draft pick to tell my plan about fitting in the contracts.  I did my research!  Leave Cam alone!!

With the 26th pick, the Carolina Panthers select Cam Robinson, OL, Alabama (I was hoping to take Ramczyk, but someone ruined my plans)

Per OverTheCap, the Panthers currently have $16.7 mil in cap space.  Restructuring Cam Newton and taking Robinson lets us cut Oher, bringing the total available cap space to over $28 mil, which is enough for both Graham ($10 mil) and Sherman ($11.4 mil)

@PrincetonTiger and the Chiefs are on the clock

Update on the best remaining prospects:

12 QB  DESHAUN WATSON - CLEMSON
18 RB  CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY - STANFORD
23 EDGE  TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA
24 TE  DAVID NJOKU - MIAMI
26 QB  PATRICK MAHOMES II - TEXAS TECH
30 EDGE  TIM WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
32 QB  DESHONE KIZER - NOTRE DAME
33 LB  ZACH CUNNINGHAM - VANDERBILT

And recent and upcoming picks:

20. Denver Broncos - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
21. Detroit Lions - Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
22. Miami Dolphins - Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
23. New York Giants - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
24. Oakland Raiders - Tre'davious White, CB, LSU
25. Houston Texans - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
26. Carolina Panthers (trade) - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys
29. Green Bay Packers
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints

Surprised to see Trubisky go before Watson.  I'm actually surprised Watson has lasted this long.  I like him as a prospect.

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

KC throws a curveball and picks RB Christian McCaffrey

I believe @jseg18

Actually, perfect pick for KC. With their limited aerial offense and YAC dependency, having the speed of Tyreek Hill, Maclin and McCaffrey along with Kelce underneath should improve their offensive output considerably. Ware is good but he doesn't have the YAC ability nearly as much. McCaffrey would be what Dexter McCluster could not be. He can run routes much better than any RB available at this point, thus making him an extra WR to split out as a flanker to keep LBs and safeties honest.

Cowboys lost two safeties and two corners to free agency. Their in need of defensive backs. I wanted one of the 4 corners picked earlier, so I'm going with my board.

With the 28th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Obi Melifonwu!

He could replace the physical presence they had with Wilcox.

Curfew has been set! At 10 PM ET, all timers will freeze! Picks may be submitted after that time, but the clocks will remain frozen until 8 AM ET! Therefore, @jvan1973, your timer is now frozen until 8 AM tomorrow morning! What a great day this was, with nearly the entire first round packed into one day! Thanks to everyone and have a great night!

A deal has been reached between CR91 and myself. The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Arizona Cardinals have made a deal. The Jacksonville Jaguars trade pick 35 and their 4th rounder for the Arizona Cardinals pick 45 and OT DJ Humphries.

Confirm the deal CR91!

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was hoping to get Jarrad Davis in the top of the 2nd. Went earlier than I thought. Guess he's rising up.

Davis had a monster Pro-Day and is a very good locker room guy. I like him better than Foster. Fills a need for the Lions. He wouldn`t have lasted to the Lions 2nd pick.

Just now, MPStack said:

Davis had a monster Pro-Day and is a very good locker room guy. I like him better than Foster. Fills a need for the Lions. He wouldn`t have lasted to the Lions 2nd pick.

Oh I agree, he wouldn't of got past me at 35 if available. Part of the reason I traded. What do you think of my trade? I control the Jags.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh I agree, he wouldn't of got past me at 35 if available. Part of the reason I traded. What do you think of my trade? I control the Jags.

I don`t know how Humphries performed in year two. I know the Cards basically redshirted him his rookie year even though he was a 1st rounder. Don`t understand why they`d trade a 1st round pick going into year three for so little in return. So, I say its a better trade for the Jags for sure.

Just now, MPStack said:

I don`t know how Humphries performed in year two. I know the Cards basically redshirted him his rookie year even though he was a 1st rounder. Don`t understand why they`d trade a 1st round pick going into year two for so little in return. So, I say its a better trade for the Jags for sure.

He had a few good games, but also struggled a lot as well. It's basically a 174 point difference for the rights to DJ Humphries, or pick 83 in the draft ( a mid 3rd). I think it's a nice way to help out my team here as I was a bit on the spot when asked to trade, and without complete info, I don't know what will be available (or what would of been) at pick 35. This should work out though.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He had a few good games, but also struggled a lot as well. It's basically a 174 point difference for the rights to DJ Humphries, or pick 83 in the draft ( a mid 3rd). I think it's a nice way to help out my team here as I was a bit on the spot when asked to trade, and without complete info, I don't know what will be available (or what would of been) at pick 35. This should work out though.

The OL class is weak, so that's not a bad trade for you IMO. I watched Humphries tape two years ago and thought he was a legit OT. Somewhat surprised he`s under performed, but he has potential.