Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

Recommended Posts

The Vikings and the Jets have agreed to a trade:

 

Jets receive:

#48 (420 pts)

#86 (160 pts)

 

Vikings receive:

#39 (510 pts)

#107 (80 pts)

 

@tweezy32 will confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Vikings and the Jets have agreed to a trade:

 

Jets receive:

#48 (420 pts)

#86 (160 pts)

 

Vikings receive:

#39 (510 pts)

#107 (80 pts)

 

@tweezy32 will confirm

confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Time is running out to submit offers for the first overall pick! Also, the 12th overall is available! All offers will be reviewed!!

If only this year's picks are available to trade,  according to the draft chart,  What team even has enough points to make it am even trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chad72 said:

As long as we do trades differently i.e all trades done by Monday and no trades during the draft, it can definitely work. I've seen it done right on other forums, regardless of how you feel about it.

 

 

How many draft pick for draft pick trades have you ever seen happen before the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

To be fair, you're criticizing zero consequence trades in a "mock" draft.  In case you arent catching my drift, you're criticizing fake trades in a fake draft as if the trades arent realistic in a realistic draft. Just sayin...

Ok,  fair enough.  That makes my point.  You can't possibly do realistic trades that only involve this year's picks.  So why have trades?  Just draft where the team is supposed to draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ok,  fair enough.  That makes my point.  You can't possibly do realistic trades that only involve this year's picks.  So why have trades?  Just draft where the team is supposed to draft.

Probably because we already did one with no trades and people want this one to be different. Yeah its unrealistic, and it will take much longer, byt last year we had two going on at the same time. You could always run one with no trades. Id sign up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Probably because we already did one with no trades and people want this one to be different. Yeah its unrealistic, and it will take much longer, byt last year we had two going on at the same time. You could always run one with no trades. Id sign up for it.

I'm cool with whatever.  But the trades I've seen confirmed would never happen.    Just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

I'm cool with whatever.  But the trades I've seen confirmed would never happen.    Just saying

I definitely dont think it makes sense to be trading up or down before the draft even starts. But most of the pick for pick trades wouldnt have been unheard of deals if the teams were on the clock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I definitely dont think it makes sense to be trading up or down before the draft even starts. But most of the pick for pick trades wouldnt have been unheard of deals if the teams were on the clock. 

Teams wouldn't make them if they aren't on the clock.  That's part of my point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

41 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I definitely dont think it makes sense to be trading up or down before the draft even starts. But most of the pick for pick trades wouldnt have been unheard of deals if the teams were on the clock. 

 

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Teams wouldn't make them if they aren't on the clock.  That's part of my point

 

Many of the trades that have already occurred in the NFL this offseason have been to move up or down in the draft. See New England's trade with Carolina and Baltimore's trade with the Eagles. 

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19077352/baltimore-ravens-trade-dt-timmy-jernigan-philadelphia-eagles-draft-pick

 

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/10/panthers-trading-de-kony-ealy-to-patriots-for-2nd-round-pick/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm cool with whatever.  But the trades I've seen confirmed would never happen.    Just saying

People just want more picks. That part has always been a little odd to me, when its done solely for the purpose to acquire more picks, but the alternative is to just play the first-picks.coms and the fanspeak.coms, so you gotta take the good with the bad IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How many draft pick for draft pick trades have you ever seen happen before the draft?

 

I agree, it is not realistic. Since you didn't want to hold up the draft, I suggested changing the rules and doing those trades before the draft. If you want to do it like the real draft with trades during the draft, I am fine with it too as long as folks get it done within their allocated time. 

 

It is not realistic anyways, the mock draft mainly because we do not follow every team closely other than a surface level, so I thought why not do some before the draft. At least I won't be holding up the draft when it happens, that is my reasoning, realistic or not. Bottom line is, we cannot make everyone happy, that goes without saying. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

People just want more picks. That part has always been a little odd to me, when its done solely for the purpose to acquire more picks, but the alternative is to just play the first-picks.coms and the fanspeak.coms, so you gotta take the good with the bad IMO.

Fair enough.  Carry on.  I won't complain again.  I honestly didn't mean to derail things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If only this year's picks are available to trade,  according to the draft chart,  What team even has enough points to make it am even trade?

Actually quite a few!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

 

 

Most of the trades that have already occurred in the NFL this offseason have been to move up and down in the draft. See New England's trade with Carolina and Baltimore's trade with the Eagles. 

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19077352/baltimore-ravens-trade-dt-timmy-jernigan-philadelphia-eagles-draft-pick

 

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/10/panthers-trading-de-kony-ealy-to-patriots-for-2nd-round-pick/

Yes and in both those cases there were players involved. Not many straight pick for pick trades that happen a few days before the draft starts, outside of the top 3 overall picks sometimes being dealt for. The reasoning behind that is that most teams wont make those decisions until they know who is on the board at there pick. 

 

That being said I completely understand how much of a pain it would be to do all the trades in real time, not only because of the time constraints of every person fielding offers at every pick, but for the people running the boards to be have to constantly change who picks when. Problems and errors are bound to come up. We had enough issues come up without trades in the last mock. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

The reasoning behind that is that most teams wont make those decisions until they know who is on the board at there pick. 

 

That's true.

 

The trade I made with Tweezy (Jets) was based on what happened in the last mock draft we did. By the time the Vikes made their 1st pick (in the 2nd rd), all the players that I wanted to draft at that spot went in the early second round.  I figure if I move up 9 spots in the 2nd, some of the guys I want to draft will be there.

 

The Jets move up 21 spots in the 3rd. Both teams kept the same number of picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Colts and Seahawks have a trade to announce.

 

Seahawks get the Colts' 3rd round pick #80 (value 180) and the Colts' 4th round compensatory pick #144 (value 34).

 

Colts get the Seahawks' 3rd round pick #90 (value 140) and the Seahawks' 3rd compensatory pick #106 (value 82).

 

 

Just need @tweezy32 to make public confirmation of this before I make the changes, please.

 

@NFLfan @danlhart87 @CR91 @WarGhost21

I made the changes to the draft picks.  Can you all please confirm I made the correct changes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Just need @tweezy32 to make public confirmation of this before I make the changes, please.

 

@NFLfan @danlhart87 @CR91 @WarGhost21

I made the changes to the draft picks.  Can you all please confirm I made the correct changes?

 

Yes, they are correct. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Looking for a trade down from pick 12! Please submit offers!

You'll be on the clock in a few hours. Just a heads up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I definitely dont think it makes sense to be trading up or down before the draft even starts. But most of the pick for pick trades wouldnt have been unheard of deals if the teams were on the clock. 

Correct, because players haven`t even come off the board yet! It`s unrealistic and ridiculous. Whatever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let Us Begin!!!!

 

With the first pick in the 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

 

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

 

@Btown_Colt and the San Fransisco 49ers are now on the clock!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for being out of the mix this weekend.  I am the Raiders so any interest please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 2nd pick in the 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

 

Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

 

@Finball and  the Chicago Bears are on the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

With the 2nd pick in the 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

 

Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford

 

@Finball and  the Chicago Bears are on the clock.

 

I'm not sure he got the message. His name is supposed to be highlighted unless I'm mistaken @Finball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I'm not sure he got the message. His name is supposed to be highlighted unless I'm mistaken @Finball

Thanks, I guess I didn't do it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Thanks, I guess I didn't do it right.

 

No worries:thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have a separate thread for each round? It might make it easy to follow. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 3rd pick in the 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select:

 

Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

 

@Jared Cisneros and the Jax are on the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow very realistic. Takes 3 hours to do 3 picks haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Wow very realistic. Takes 3 hours to do 3 picks haha

 

Were you part of the previous mock? If you'd been part of it, 3 hours to do 3 picks is something most commish would gladly take on this forum. :) 

 

Life happens, that is why we have the window of 3 hours per pick. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seahawks and Panthers have agreed to a trade.

 

Seahawks receive: 8th overall pick

Panthers receive: 26th overall pick, Richard Sherman, Jimmy Graham

 

@chad72, please confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...