Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

On April 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM, GOZER said:

\m/COLTS\m/

People were having trouble doing the @\m/COLTS\m/ thing so I decided to change it.

I liked your M Colts M call sign actually because it reminds of Maverick & Goose from the movie "Top Gun." I have a thing for fighter jet maneuvers in the sky at incredible speed. 

I'll adjust accordingly Gozer but SW1 will still refer to you as MCM. I'm pretty set in my ways brother & I have enough password or code stuff to remember in 2017 anyway. 

Regarding draft selections, I don't really play that game. I just wait to see who Jimmy picked up & wait for Sept. to roll around. Carry on...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated prospects:

67 WR  CURTIS SAMUEL - OHIO STATE
76 OT  RODERICK JOHNSON - FLORIDA STATE
79 WR  CARLOS HENDERSON - LOUISIANA TECH
86 G  NICO SIRAGUSA - SAN DIEGO STATE
88 DL  EDDIE VANDERDOES - UCLA
90 WR  CHAD HANSEN - CALIFORNIA
91 WR  TAYWAN TAYLOR - WESTERN KENTUCKY
95 EDGE  TREY HENDRICKSON - FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Recent and upcoming picks:

94. Seattle Seahawks (trade #1, trade #2) - Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
95. Atlanta Falcons - Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
96. New England Patriots - Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
97. Miami Dolphins (Compensatory Selection) @Superman on the clock
98. Carolina Panthers (Compensatory Selection) @21isSuperman
99. Philadelphia Eagles (Compensatory Selection) @stitches
100. Tennessee Titans (Compensatory Selection) @OffensivelyPC
101. Denver Broncos (Compensatory Selection) @jvan1973
102. Seattle Seahawks (Compensatory Selection) @chad72

I can't believe Curtis Samuel is still available at the end of the 3rd, I almost can bet that given Percy Harvin's and Tyreek Hill's success, he is probably gone by the end of the 2nd.

The Eagles or Titans would be lucky to have him here.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I can't believe Curtis Samuel is still available at the end of the 3rd, I almost can bet that given Percy Harvin's and Tyreek Hill's success, he is probably gone by the end of the 2nd.

Someone will fall in every draft, whether it's Samuel or someone else. It'll never go according to plan because team's boards don't match and also don't match the draft analysts boards. We will all be saying that about somebody this year in a couple weeks on day 2.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hard to know where to play him.  Not great hands,  but great speed.   

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He doesn't fit a specific role

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I believe 1 Hour now

It is less than that now because when I wrote the post that you quoted, it had already been two hours since the last selection was made. I believe he has less than 40 minutes.

Who do you like for Philly? They drafted Mixon and a CB. How about one of the WRs here? 

Just now, NFLfan said:

It is less than that now because when I wrote the post that you quoted, it had already been two hours since the last selection was made. I believe he has less than 30 minutes.

Who do you like for Philly? They drafted Mixon and a CB. How about one of the WRs here? 

Samuel could go here 

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Panthers continue to shore up the offensive line and select Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State

@stitches and the Eagles on the clock

Time is up for Philly's pick. 

What about Samuel for Philly here? He is BPA and WR is a need for the Eagles.

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He doesn't fit a specific role

Bubble screens, reverses, slant and go, he has done all of those at Ohio State. The one thing he did at OSU that he won't be able to do in the NFL is being used as an RB like Randall Cobb, IMO.

We saw what Tyreek Hill did with limited touches for the Chiefs, from special teams to reverses to slant and go.

Just now, chad72 said:

Bubble screens, reverses, slant and go, he has done all of those at Ohio State. The one thing he did at OSU that he won't be able to do in the NFL is being used as an RB like Randall Cobb, IMO.

Agreed he can do a ton but doesn't have a specific position that most team likes

I am not saying he will be a bust but just why he has fallen

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed he can do a ton but doesn't have a specific position that most team likes

I am not saying he will be a bust but just why he has fallen

Eagles and Titans have pretty decent OCs, IMO, so I would not be surprised if he goes round 2 to one of them. Teams may use him like Sproles, if not as well as Cobb. Yeah, I hear you, that is why real GMs are paid to project. :) 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Where ever he goes he will be a luxury pick

The word may be complementary piece, not the center piece. Teams looking for that 3rd wide out, teams that have good running games you have to honor for reverses to become effective, teams that have athletic OL to block for screens in space etc. will be the ones looking at him, IMO.

Just now, NFLfan said:

@chad72 I can't remove the mention. haha

Anyway, since I have your attention, did you look back at last year's draft. 21 had asked which team we believed had the best draft. What did you think? I don't believe you responded. 

You mean the real draft??? Which thread?