Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21isSuperman

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

Lions are given Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

@Superman and the Dolphins are on the clock (I know you PM'ed me the choice, but I saw you're online, so I figure I'd let you submit the pick)

58 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Lions are given Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

@Superman and the Dolphins are on the clock (I know you PM'ed me the choice, but I saw you're online, so I figure I'd let you submit the pick)

maybe you should just announce the pick

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, announce the pick. I don't think he's here right now.

He has time

Sorry that I missed my pick. I've been busy all day with classes and haven't had time in between to check the forum.

Why are we trying to force picks before time has expired? I get starting the vote "just in case", but nothing is official unless the time to pick has actually been missed. 

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Why are we trying to force picks before time has expired? I get starting the vote "just in case", but nothing is official unless the time to pick has actually been missed. 

I think the only reason they said that was because he submitted his pick to me via PM.  If someone doesn't submit their pick, we have no choice but to wait.  But if a pick is submitted to someone, then the pick can be made right away and there's no need to wait.  In this case, however, it seems like it was a good idea to wait since the pick was traded

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think the only reason they said that was because he submitted his pick to me via PM.  If someone doesn't submit their pick, we have no choice but to wait.  But if a pick is submitted to someone, then the pick can be made right away and there's no need to wait.  In this case, however, it seems like it was a good idea to wait since the pick was traded

Ah, i missed that...my bad 

Finally, got online. A credit card fraud alert kept me on the phone for some time this morning, sorry guys.

Seahawks get pick 54

Dolphins get pick 58 and 144

With the 54th pick, the Seahawks pick Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA

The Seahawks really believe in this guy for their Cover 3 and man coverages that they play.

9 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

@chad72, please confirm the trade and make your selection upon confirmation

Confirmed

The New York Football Giants select RB  ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE

@DaColts85 you're up!

Texans have taken Trubisky as their QB and keeping their expectations of him as realistic as possible, have put the SB on hold for a year so he can develop.  As such, they won't mind letting their next pick sit out until healthy if he needs it.  Continuing the run on cornerbacks:

With the 57th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select, Sidney Jones, CB, Washington.

@Superman, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

16 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Texans have taken Trubisky as their QB and keeping their expectations of him as realistic as possible, have put the SB on hold for a year so he can develop.  As such, they won't mind letting their next pick sit out until healthy if he needs it.  Continuing the run on cornerbacks:

With the 57th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select, Sidney Jones, CB, Washington.

@Superman, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

Kinda early for Jones

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Kinda early for Jones

I'm sure you thought the same thing about Jaylen Smith last year

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure you thought the same thing about Jaylen Smith last year

I did

Update:

1. I added the remaining rounds, so we now have all 7 rounds of picks available in the first post

2. Recent and upcoming picks:

54. Seattle Seahawks (trade) - Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
55. New York Giants - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
56. Cleveland Browns (trade) - Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
57. Houston Texans - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
58. Miami Dolphins (trade) on the clock
59. Kansas City Chiefs @PrincetonTiger
60. Dallas Cowboys @jseg18
61. Green Bay Packers @jvan1973
62. Pittsburgh Steelers @WarGhost21
63. Atlanta Falcons @Superman
64. Carolina Panthers @21isSuperman

3. Top remaining prospects

46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
51 WR  CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE
52 EDGE  TARELL BASHAM - OHIO
55 EDGE  JORDAN WILLIS - KANSAS STATE
56 CB  CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
59 OT  DION DAWKINS - TEMPLE
60 G  DORIAN JOHNSON - PITTSBURGH
62 S  JOSH JONES - NC STATE
63 TE  BUCKY HODGES - VIRGINIA TECH

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Update:

1. I added the remaining rounds, so we now have all 7 rounds of picks available in the first post

2. Recent and upcoming picks:

54. Seattle Seahawks (trade) - Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
55. New York Giants - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
56. Cleveland Browns (trade) - Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
57. Houston Texans - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
58. Miami Dolphins (trade) on the clock
59. Kansas City Chiefs @PrincetonTiger
60. Dallas Cowboys @jseg18
61. Green Bay Packers @jvan1973
62. Pittsburgh Steelers @WarGhost21
63. Atlanta Falcons @Superman
64. Carolina Panthers @21isSuperman

3. Top remaining prospects

46 WR  ZAY JONES - EAST CAROLINA
49 OT  TAYLOR MOTON - WESTERN MICHIGAN
51 WR  CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE
52 EDGE  TARELL BASHAM - OHIO
55 EDGE  JORDAN WILLIS - KANSAS STATE
56 CB  CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
59 OT  DION DAWKINS - TEMPLE
60 G  DORIAN JOHNSON - PITTSBURGH
62 S  JOSH JONES - NC STATE
63 TE  BUCKY HODGES - VIRGINIA TECH

@21isSuperman

I am back and can make my pick

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

It's been a while since our last friendly reminder anyway :)

I had to run errands out of town then the Cubs game and ring ceremony started at 6:30

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I had to run errands out of town then the Cubs game and ring ceremony started at 6:30

Tough loss last night for the Cubbies.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I had to repeat my mantra several times

LOL.  It's a marathon that's just begun.  Funny how baseball has made regular season games more relevant than the NBA has and it has twice as many games.  The NBA is just kind of a joke anymore to me.  It's about a couple of players, a handful of teams that refuse to tank but otherwise won't do anything, a handful of teams nobody cares about, and then the rest trying to finish in last place.  The only time the NBA is interesting is when it's Lebron trying to win his first title in Cleveland or the Warriors getting their first title in forever.  The Pacers were interesting until it started to become clear that they had no mental stability to handle any sort of adversity.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

LOL.  It's a marathon that's just begun.  Funny how baseball has made regular season games more relevant than the NBA has and it has twice as many games.  The NBA is just kind of a joke anymore to me.  It's about a couple of players, a handful of teams that refuse to tank but otherwise won't do anything, a handful of teams nobody cares about, and then the rest trying to finish in last place.  The only time the NBA is interesting is when it's Lebron trying to win his first title in Cleveland or the Warriors getting their first title in forever.  The Pacers were interesting until it started to become clear that they had no mental stability to handle any sort of adversity.

Really struggle to watch NBA Basketball but can watch it at the NCAA and HS level

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The NBA's biggest issue is having the draft lottery.  If you had the worse team get the first pick you will have teams getting better a little faster.  But honestly I think the NBA has lost some flare because like you said everyone knows you have the Cavs vs Warriors in the finals.  If that does not happen then the finals will be watched more IMO but if that is right then they are losing people to watch the same stuff every year.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

The NBA's biggest issue is having the draft lottery.  If you had the worse team get the first pick you will have teams getting better a little faster.  But honestly I think the NBA has lost some flare because like you said everyone knows you have the Cavs vs Warriors in the finals.  If that does not happen then the finals will be watched more IMO but if that is right then they are losing people to watch the same stuff every year.

One of the biggest problems I have is the limited roster size

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Yeah, it's a player's league.  That's really the biggest issue IMO.  Cavs and Warriors are an excellent example.  You move Lebron to the Cavs, instant final 4 team.  Warriors built via the draft, then add arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA via free agency.  Nothing illegal or wrong about the moves, per se, but 1 player can make all the difference between a team who is a finals contender or not.  With the MLB and NFL, that's somewhat true, but one player can't do it all.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, it's a player's league.  That's really the biggest issue IMO.  Cavs and Warriors are an excellent example.  You move Lebron to the Cavs, instant final 4 team.  Warriors built via the draft, then add arguably the 2nd best player in the NBA via free agency.  Nothing illegal or wrong about the moves, per se, but 1 player can make all the difference between a team who is a finals contender or not.  With the MLB and NFL, that's somewhat true, but one player can't do it all.

In the MLB, NFL and even the NHL you need contributions from the entire roster to be successful 

How did we go from a mock draft to talking about the NBA lol

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In the MLB, NFL and even the NHL you need contributions from the entire roster to be successful 

It is an issue that unfortunately cannot be fixed because it is victim to a small roster of 15 players.  Other sports have larger rosters or just are completely different.  They need to make games more meaningful and shorten the season.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How did we go from a mock draft to talking about the NBA lol

It is a fan forum and during slow periods during the mock you talk sports, and that includes other sports of course.