Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Completely Agree... I give you Mr. Derrick Brown...The Beast!  
    • ...like we don’t already have enough disappointing WR’s. 
    • Exactly..... Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw are not only penetrators and game-wreckers.... they are "tone setters" in the interior that would bring added value to our back seven guys.   Under a scenario where the Lions and Giants don't select Brown or Kinlaw.... and given the likelihood that Miami (Tua) and the Chargers (I'm predicting Love here) select QBs..... one or both of these DTs should be available at #8 where the Cardinals pick just ahead of Jacksonville.    If only one of those guys is available at #8.... I would absolutely pitch a deal to AZ of our #13 and #75 pick.... and a flip-flop of our #34 for their #40 in Round 2.    That would be an equitable swap and basically we're giving up a 3rd rounder and five spots in Round 2 to move up for Brown or Kinlaw.   If BOTH are available at #8? I almost guarantee that the Jags will take one of them.... and we'll be sweating out the next 3 selections.   I respect and totally get the QB-centric crowd sentiment in this discussion.... we've not been in QB purgatory like this in 20 years.   And if Jordan Love IS the next Patrick Mahomes 2-3 years from now.... whether we select him or not... I'll gladly take my lumps for doubting him.   At the same time.... remember that the closest thing we've had to a dominant DT in a full 28 years is Steve Emtman.... and his career was short-lived as he wound up maimed in both knees and out of football.    And let's also remember that lacking that disruptive force on the interior DL costed us come playoff time.... and that was WITH Peyton Manning at QB....and Marvin...and Reggie....and Edge.    All that HALL OF FAME juice on offense and we won 1 Lombardi.   This tells me that we shouldn't just reject out of hand the idea for moving up for a "best in breed" game-changer such as Brown or Kinlaw. Not to be reckless about it or to overpay....but we shouldn't just rule it out because of this overblown "positional value" line of thinking. JMO        
    • Kinlaw’s really good...Brown is great. Watch Kinlaw in the Georgia game... swallowed up with those 1st/2nd round Georgia O-Linemen...   
    • And he is still probably a better prospect than any qb in this draft class . 
  • Members