Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Pre-draft Colts GM Game

Rules: 

• >> There are trades allowed. You don't have to explain your picks but if you wish to, you may do so.

>> There will be a minimum of 8 picks in a day thus allowing each GM a window of 3 hours to get their pick in to the commish (me). There is no maximum if GMs send their picks ahead of time to me or if they are glued to the thread for the draft.

Round 1

1. 1. Cleveland (1-15) 
  2. 2. San Francisco (2-14)
  3. 3. Chicago (3-13)
  4. 4. Jacksonville (3-13)
  5. 5. Tennessee - from Los Angeles (4-12)
  6. 6. New York Jets (5-11)
  7. 7. San Diego (5-11)
  8. 8. Carolina (6-10)
  9. 9. Cincinnati (6-9-1)
  10. 10. Buffalo(7-9)
  11. 11. New Orleans (7-9)
  12. 12. Cleveland - from Philadelphia (7-9)
  13. 13. Arizona (7-8-1)
  14. 14. Philadelphia - from Minnesota (8-8)
  15. 15. Indianapolis (8-8)
  16. 16. Baltimore (8-8)
  17. 17. Washington (8-7-1)
  18. 18. Tennessee (9-7)
  19. 19. Tampa Bay (9-7)
  20. 20. Denver (9-7)
  21. 21. Detroit* (9-7)
  22. 22. Miami* (10-6)
  23. 23. New York Giants* (11-5)
  24. 24. Oakland* (12-4)
  25. 25. Houston* (9-7)
  26. 26. Seattle* (10-5-1)
  27. 27. Kansas City* (12-4)
  28. 28. Dallas* (13-3)
  29. 29. Green Bay* (10-6)
  30. 30. Pittsburgh* (11-5)
  31. 31. Atlanta* (11-5)
  32. 32. New Orleans* (7-9)

I just copied from last game we played. I am hoping someone can help with this because I won't have a lot of time doing all of it. I just wanted to start it up again so if someone wants to run it (i hope they do) they can go ahead and do it!

First come first serve for your picks!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I am going with you on this one!

Chris Ballard is just lucky I'm not the GM of the Jags because I like the Colts so much, if I were, he'd be shaking in his boots with how cerebral Iam. I can't take the Jags job for real though because I love the Colts, so I'll let them struggle in mediocrity and mock what they should do (but won't). :thmup:

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chris Ballard is just lucky I'm not the GM of the Jags because I like the Colts so much, if I were, he'd be shaking in his boots with how cerebral Iam. I can't take the Jags job for real though because I love the Colts, so I'll let them struggle in mediocrity and mock what they should do (but won't). :thmup:

I think the Jags have made some smart moves with the front office and coaching.  They have talent on the roster and with the draft can become a more stable team for the future.  That being said, they could also just screw everything up yet again!  

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Take the Jags' GM job.  Trade Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, Fowler, and Malik Jackson and first and second round picks for the next 5 years to Indy for a conditional 7th round pick while retaining 100% of their salaries

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I think the Jags have made some smart moves with the front office and coaching.  They have talent on the roster and with the draft can become a more stable team for the future.  That being said, they could also just screw everything up yet again!  

They are close for sure. I'm taking them because I want to see if I can close the gap enough in one draft to be competitive with them. That, and tweezy selfishly took the Colts right away, lol. haha

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Take the Jags' GM job.  Trade Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, Fowler, and Malik Jackson and first and second round picks for the next 5 years to Indy for a conditional 7th round pick while retaining 100% of their salaries

As a poker player, I learned you have to be more of a parasite, slowly suck the life out of your host so they stay alive and keep coming back for more. I will do multiple trades over time (1 a month with the Colts), that the Colts win slightly each time. By the time the season begins, the Jags will be gutted and the fans won't realize it. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We should get all trades done by the end of this weekend so that we can focus on the draft next week, IMO, and more rounds, if necessary. :) 

I think the trades should go on throughout the draft like last year. Just in case someone want's to trade up or someone else's guy is taken and they want to trade down. Keep it tense and keep everybody fully involved throughout. Last draft got slow without trades, whereas trades throughout will keep us all on our toes! Of course, some trades will be done early, but some should also happen mid-draft.

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

I think the trades should go on throughout the draft like last year. Just in case someone want's to trade up or someone else's guy is taken and they want to trade down. Keep it tense and keep everybody fully involved throughout. Last draft got slow without trades, whereas trades throughout will keep us all on our toes! Of course, some trades will be done early, but some should also happen mid-draft.

Makes sense.

In that case, should the commish post 4 rounds' worth of draft picks to help GMs out for trade purposes??? Just curious.

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

Agreed, trades go on during the draft. keep it as real as possible. We're trying to run a realistic simulation of a 32 team mock draft, not a madden style draft lol.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'll take Carolina, please.  If we're allowed to take two teams, I'd like Arizona as my second.  If not, no worries.

@tweezy32, I can run the draft for you.  I can make edits beyond the 24 hour window to keep draft boards updated.

Okay thank you very much! I was hoping someone would lol